Be Our Guest...dinner or lunch?

we just did both. lunch today, dinner on 12/21. dinner wasn't good at all, but lunch was great. i definitely recommend lunch over dinner

merry christmas!

We are picky eaters, so we are going for lunch, midweek, offseason....the dinner menu sounds disgusting to us...lol.....hope we can sit in the ballroom!!

Disgusting? :sad2:

We ate there twice a couple weeks ago - as most have reported, it was absolutely delicious, and the ambiance beyond what you could ever imagine at Disney - we'll be back at least twice a trip (already scheduled for Apr. '13). :goodvibes

Ate lunch there on the 18th (all three rooms open) and dinner on 21st (ballroom). We would both 100% recommend lunch over dinner.

We thought lunch was great. We split the onion soup, the steak sandwich, turkey sandwich, and a lemon cupcake. The soup and sandwiches were all very good and the cupcake was wonderful. Lines were long however so go early; we lined up at 11:00 and ordered by 11:25.

Dinner was ok at best. We both had the steak and Outback's steak is better. We liked the butter on the steak. One of us had mashed potatoes instead of the fries and they were TERRIBLE. We also had the potato soup (very good), the strawberry cupcake (excellent) and chocolate cream puff (just ok).

Since what we liked best at dinner (soup and cupcake) you can get at lunch, we cancelled our February dinner reservation and just will have lunch again.

As for the character at dinner, Beast was announced and walked through ballroom at 6 pm and then you could take pictures with him after dinner in the study.

We ate lunch there during the previews. We loved going during lunch since you could choose which room to eat. The food was ok, but nothing special. For us, it was more about the experience than the food, so we didn't care. The lunch prices are very reasonable and selection good for even picky eaters. We would do lunch again and eat the rosé gallery. The rose gallery was our favorite room (more to look at) and its only open for lunch.

We ate both lunch and dinner there a couple weeks ago.

I really enjoyed the dinner experience much more. Lunch felt like a cattle call, with people squeezed in everywhere. Dinner felt much more relaxed and allowed a better chance to just relax and enjoy the atmosphere.

I had tried to get an ADR for Christmas Day but not managed to. On Christmas Eve I decided to go for lunch while I was standing next to the podium a couple asked about walk ins he said come back after 3:45 as there is often space because of no shows that got me thinking. So I went and had lunch enjoyed it and left. Christmas Day I had an early lunch and at 5pm went back to ask bout the chance of a walk in I GOT IN. So that was lunch and dinner I bog yesterday!,,

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:pixiedust:

I just made an ADR for the end of May for dinner, checked all three days we are there and only found a 4:35 PM for dinner.

It looks like 180 days is the way to try and get a reservation here!

We did both Lunch and Dinner. Lunch was definitely better for us. We ate in the Rose room and everyone enjoyed it. I found that dinner was not as enjoyable. We were in the ballroom which was very noisy. The food was lukewarm and just 'ok'. Maybe because it was out of pocket, I was expecting better. We went back a few days later for lunch and was able to try the last room in the castle and once again, enjoyed it.

Bottom line, I prefer lunch over dinner.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for all the great replies!

We are going for lunch with fingers crossed that all 3 rooms are open! Can't wait!

I was wonder how everyone's experience was with lunch and dinner. I'll be there on 3/1 and we're going to do lunch. Can't wait.

I was wonder how everyone's experience was with lunch and dinner. I'll be there on 3/1 and we're going to do lunch. Can't wait.

Lots have seemed to enjoy lunch more. But we did both and I greatly preferred dinner. For one reason. They REALLY pack the people in there. When you eat lunch, you stay packed waiting to get to the ordering kiosks, then at the kiosks. And there are more people moving about deciding which room to sit in.

At least at dinner, once you are in, everyone is seated, and you have room to take it all in. And when you exit through the Beast's room, you have a lot of space and time to check everything out without other people right on top of you.

Have those of you who have dined at BOG for dinner found that the West Wing is much harder to be seated in than the ballroom? It appears much smaller, but we would love to be seated there.

Have those of you who have dined at BOG for dinner found that the West Wing is much harder to be seated in than the ballroom? It appears much smaller, but we would love to be seated there.

The night we ate in there, we asked at the time we checked in. They warned us it could take substantially longer, but it didn't and we were seated there.

mom2rtk said:
The night we ate in there, we asked at the time we checked in. They warned us it could take substantially longer, but it didn't and we were seated there.

Glad to hear this. Thank you for sharing your experience!

You can sit anywhere at lunch. I don't know how it works for dinner.

Honestly, from what I've heard about the food at dinner, it might be better to just to lunch, haha.

We went on Friday 1/4/13 we arrived at 12:15 we got in at 1pm. We could choose from the 3 dining rooms. The food was good the atmosphere was great, we all in enjoyed it. When we got inline we were told it would be 1 hr 45 min wait. NOT. My family did not want to wait, so I reminded them that I never made them eat at Cinderella castle so suck it up:cool2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter