• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Be Our Guest Breakfast... WITHOUT a reservation??

bethannie203

Mouseketeer
So here's the scoop... We cannot get a single DDR at Be Our Guest for our weeklong trip in September. Free dining... Of course that's to be expected. But we would really like to eat there for breakfast since we have never tried it and it sounds amazing!! Can we power walk our way to Be Our Guest at rope drop and expect to get a table as a walk-up? When do they start letting people in the park? Thanks in advance for advice!! :)

Agree, keep checking, folks cancel all the time. I've gotten ADRs week before and day before.

No Power Walking will not work. They take PPO ADR's so folks with reservations have been there up to an hour before you could arrive.
Just keep checking

And keep checking even day of with the dining app on your phone. You can sometimes get an ADR within minutes.

Last year I got a BOG for our trip during the trip. So keep checking. This week I got one for our October trip. So keep checking. Twice a day!

We've eaten lunch and dinner at BoG and have never made an ADR anywhere close to the 180 day mark. In fact we've only ever made reservations the day before or the day of if we saw something open. So if you are flexible in all likelihood something can work out.

I'd also add that the food really isn't all that great. Dinner for us was a bust (though I did enjoy wine in MK) and lunch was definitely the better meal. Haven't tried breakfast (though I've seen many last minute openings) as the prices are just too ridiculous for me. I know some people want to eat there more to go in the castle, but for me a restaurant is all about the food

Thanks everybody!! We were religious about checking daily
to score O'hana so that's just what we'll have to try for this one!! I was just hopeful we could maybe walk up and get a table :D

Thanks everybody!! We were religious about checking daily
to score O'hana so that's just what we'll have to try for this one!! I was just hopeful we could maybe walk up and get a table :D
Unfortunately, the reason you can't get an ADR is the reason you can't walk up. If there are no ADR that means they are full and if they are full for the meal seating then they can't take walk ups.

But I agree with the others, folks drop ADR all the time, every day, all day long. It's a matter of being there online looking when one is dropped. Keep looking right up till the night before. As long as you are flexible with the time (willing to give up park touring time) and don't have a huge group, you can probably find something.

Another thought, look for groups of 2, or even 1, that are within about 5, 10 min of each other. Since it's seat yourself you won't have any seating issues.

I had heard that BOG does not overbook and will take walk-ins. (We did this a couple of years ago by getting in line early) but things might have changed since it has become so popular! We will just keep checking. Thanks for the advice!! :)

I haven't done this at breakfast, but in May 2015 we had a party of six and walked up for lunch and got rights in. It was about 11 am, so maybe that's why. And in May 2016 we had a party of 4 and walked up for dinner and ended up waiting 20-30 minutes before being seated. It was about 7:30 pm when we checked in. I've never had luck getting and ADR, but I've been seated as a walk up both times I've tried. Good luck!

You could watch the cancellation thread for the month you're going. I ended up getting a dinner reservation 2 weeks out from my trip from another Dis-er using this method.

We walked up for a BOG lunch last August at about 1 pm. We were a party of 2 and they let us in. Never hurts to ask!

We have eaten at BOG for breakfast and lunch, and the breakfast is not good. Even with the pastries (which were mediocre), there is no way that it is worth the price. No way.

You should try for lunch - that, on the other hand, is pretty awesome!

We're going in September as well and having booked the trip much less than 180 days in advance there were no times available initially. But we checked for an opening every day and managed to get one last week. So go look frequently because a slot might open up during your vacation!

Have you thought about checking for parties of 1 close together? Before I got an open reservation for two I had two reservations for 1 ten minutes apart. Since for lunch and breakfast you find your own seats it's not much of an issue.

Have you thought about checking for parties of 1 close together? Before I got an open reservation for two I had two reservations for 1 ten minutes apart. Since for lunch and breakfast you find your own seats it's not much of an issue.

Two problems...

1) Like others have said, you can't find a reservation because they're "full"....which also means no walk-ups.
2) BoG quits serving breakfast at 10am, only an hour after you'll be let in the park at rope drop. There's just not that many opportunities to be "worked in" in an hour for a restaurant that stays booked solid from open to close every day.

There's really nothing you can do, outside of getting an ADR, to ensure that you can "expect" to get a table at BoG.

So here's the scoop... We cannot get a single DDR at Be Our Guest for our weeklong trip in September. Free dining... Of course that's to be expected. But we would really like to eat there for breakfast since we have never tried it and it sounds amazing!! Can we power walk our way to Be Our Guest at rope drop and expect to get a table as a walk-up? When do they start letting people in the park? Thanks in advance for advice!! :)

Two things. I like BOG breakfast but unless it was a PPO meal, I would not waste time eating that meal there. Which leads to the second....please do not waste time power walking to BOG at RD. Use that time to hit attactions that will build lines as the day goes on. You are likely to be turned away, but in the event that o=you are not, you will be sitting in a restaurant while others are on the Mine Train, strolling through PP SB queue, or checking out Winnie the Pooh.

If you cannot get an PPO ADR, look for a lunch ADR. By 11 you will have gotten major attractions done and can take a break for lunch. It won't hurt to walk up at that point, and if they can take you, fine, if not you can head towards another CS. I think that the time difference in walking up for beakfast and lunch is substantial because mornings at MK are a great opportunity so I don't like to waste that time, and by lunchtime you have to walk up to any CS restaurant. No harm done if you cannot get in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter