• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BCV, WLV or BWV - Which One??

girlsx2

<font color=teal>The Tag Fairy loves and appreciat
Ok, I am looking into renting points for my Feb. trip. I have picked three resorts that I am interested in - Beach Club Villas, Wilderness Lodge Villas or Boardwalk Villas. I am interested in what everyones favorite is and why. We have three girls ages 11, 6 and 2. What would you pick? Any info would be great. We are already booked at another hotel on Disney property but thought that we could rent points and stay in a nicer hotel for around the same money. Any thoughts on that would be great too!!

Thanks for all your Wisdom!!

Sherri

We have only stayed at WL and love it there for several reasons. Its close proximity to WDW, it is a great family resort, and quiet. I am not a hustle and bustle type of person and between the size of the other resorts and the Boardwalk activity I think it would be way too much stimulation for me and the DCherubs. You may want to go to the DVC site and ask for opinions there as well. Good Luck.

I am a DVC member with my home resort at BWV. All 3 resorts are fantastic, it just all depends on what appeals and fits your group the best.
WLV is fantastic for close proximity to MK and the MK resorts which includes many of the great character meals. WLV is also very conveniently located to FW which is home to the HDD revue dinner show and also FW has a ton of things for kids. They have campfires, pony rides, carriage rides, petting zoo, etc.
BWV & BCV are fantastic for close proximity to both Epcot & MGM, a very large number of wonderful restaurants and various nighttime entertainment from renting old fashioned bikes to mini golf to clubs for the adults.
BWV and BCV are very, very similiar resorts, the major differences between the two are:
BWV has standard view pt rooms, which if you can get, will save you a fair amount of pts or cash. Overall BWV rooms have better views and a larger % have Illuminations or Fantasmic views.
BCV has Stormalong Bay, which is without a doubt the nicest pool on WDW property. If your kids like the pool, this could be a real BIGGIE! BCV dining areas seat more people.
Good luck with your decesion, you can't go wrong with any of the 3 resorts, they are all wonderful!

Regarding the resort "hustle and bustle" I have stayed at both BCV and BWV with 8 and 5 year olds and the resort atmosphere is perfect for children, just like the VWL. The resorts are certainly far less stimulating than the parks!

The Boardwalk is wonderful at night and when walking back from Epcot or taking the boat back from MGM, the boardwalk activity is great for kids. The pool is fun, my 5 yo granddaughter couldn't stay off the slide.

The Beach Club is smaller and therefore quieter. My grandkids are looking forward to seeing the resident alligator in the canal and using Stormalong Bay. That pool is awesome and well worth the stay at BCV.

I have only walked thru VWL, and my lasting impression is one word - dark. The lobby area and hallways wer dark in the villas and most of the rooms seemed to look directly at trees. I assume the other side of the building looked out at a parking lot. I'm not saying this as a criticism - just that it is very much in contrast to the bright summery feel of BCV and the 30s upscale hotel of the Boardwalk.

So, are you looking for a wilderness camp, a beach or a 30's boardwalk theme? Do you want to be near MGM and Epcot or MK?

I think you can't go wrong anywhere at WDW - but it does depend on your personal preferences.

Regarding the resort "hustle and bustle" I have stayed at both BCV and BWV with 8 and 5 year olds and the resort atmosphere is perfect for children, just like the VWL. The resorts are certainly far less stimulating than the parks!
I agree, but for some reason the Epcot resorts have gotten this reputation as being "busy, hustle & bustle resorts", which makes me laugh because I have stayed in Epcot resorts many, many times and they are not any busier than the Poly, GF, Contemporary etc. I have never been bothered by noise, too many people, hustle & bustle etc. I have given up trying to change this misconception of the Epcot resorts, I figure it leaves more availability for those of us that know the truth about these fantastic resorts! LOL!!

I have stayed at the Beach Club 8 years ago (2 rooms w/balcony overlooking pool) and just came back from the 2 BR villa at the Boardwalk. I would pick the Beach Club over the Boardwalk in a heartbeat!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter