BCV - Bridge work on Epcot Resorts Blvd

TheMick424

DIS Veteran
Anyone stay at BCV recently? Wondering how disruptive the bridge work on Epcot Resorts Blvd is to the average guest (noise, view, etc.). I don’t see a lot of talk about this work so hopefully it is no big deal. I wasn’t going to submit a room request but now I don’t know.

Any update on the status of this work?
It started the week were there [10/23 - 10/31] and was very loud from the room we were in [455]. They started with demolition of the existing bridge over the canal. The most annoying parts in no priority order were the beeping of the construction vehicles, the pounding [slamming] sound of the demolition, and the workers screaming over the noise. There was no way to relax on the balcony and you could even hear the noise in the room with door closed. The project is a 6 - 8 month project per the signage on the road. I was told by Disney Managers [onsite at the BC] that the demolition phase would be the loudest and last until year-end [now]. That's not to say that the noise will be any better or worse. I would suggest requesting a Dunes Cove Pool room view which will shield you from front row seats of the construction.

We were there three weeks ago and we had front row seats. We were on the first floor. You had your patio, a couple of bushes, a 4 ft wide path and then demolition. No way we could even open the door with 3 kids under 5 in the room. Couldn't take the chance of one slipping out when no one was looking.

It started the week were there [10/23 - 10/31] and was very loud from the room we were in [455]. They started with demolition of the existing bridge over the canal. The most annoying parts in no priority order were the beeping of the construction vehicles, the pounding [slamming] sound of the demolition, and the workers screaming over the noise. There was no way to relax on the balcony and you could even hear the noise in the room with door closed. The project is a 6 - 8 month project per the signage on the road. I was told by Disney Managers [onsite at the BC] that the demolition phase would be the loudest and last until year-end [now]. That's not to say that the noise will be any better or worse. I would suggest requesting a Dunes Cove Pool room view which will shield you from front row seats of the construction.
Oh my! I hope that the major noises will be done by the time we arrive in late February, but I have requested a pool view room as you suggested. Crossing my fingers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter