BC Folks - RESTART PLAN!!!

We are supposed to be hearing this week too about our plans in AB. Kenny has hinted on his FB page about it.

Those are AWESOME benchmarks!!!! When we see actual numbers and benchmarks, it makes a huge difference for everyone in that area!!!! Such great news for all of you in BC!!!!

I'm excited too. It's a clear plan with conditions that need to be met (increased vaccination levels and declining cases and hospitalizations) and the loosening of restrictions. It seems reasonable and well planned out.

We are supposed to be hearing this week too about our plans in AB. Kenny has hinted on his FB page about it.

Those are AWESOME benchmarks!!!! When we see actual numbers and benchmarks, it makes a huge difference for everyone in that area!!!! Such great news for all of you in BC!!!!

He's announcing tomorrow at 11:30 I believe. (Fellow Albertan here). Fingers crossed for good news.

I am so happy with the announcement yesterday but it still puts our plans a bit up in the air! We have an rv rental booked for June 19th and we were planning on a 10 day BC/AB trip. Obviously the AB part is out since inter-provincial travel is not going to be allowed until at least July 1st but traveling outside our Health Authority is not going to open until at least June 15th and our cancellation period for the RV rental is 2 weeks or we lose 100% of the $$$. Now, I *expect* that they will open up that travel on the 15th but do I really want to risk over $3000 on the chance that they won't open it up?

I've contacted the rv rental and asked if they will waive the 2 week cancellation period because of the unknown opening but have not heard back yet. I've also contacted Parks Canada to ask about the cancellation fee for the 2 AB nights we have booked already.

Ugh, this is SO frustrating!

I am so happy with the announcement yesterday but it still puts our plans a bit up in the air! We have an rv rental booked for June 19th and we were planning on a 10 day BC/AB trip. Obviously the AB part is out since inter-provincial travel is not going to be allowed until at least July 1st but traveling outside our Health Authority is not going to open until at least June 15th and our cancellation period for the RV rental is 2 weeks or we lose 100% of the $$$. Now, I *expect* that they will open up that travel on the 15th but do I really want to risk over $3000 on the chance that they won't open it up?

I've contacted the rv rental and asked if they will waive the 2 week cancellation period because of the unknown opening but have not heard back yet. I've also contacted Parks Canada to ask about the cancellation fee for the 2 AB nights we have booked already.

Ugh, this is SO frustrating!
Yikes the 19th is so close to the date... fingers crossed you can figure it out and not lose your deposits and be able to go on at least part of your trip.

We had a trip booked for June 7th out of our health authority , I picked the wrong week to book off work. Wish I had of booked a few weeks later. Cancelled that and booked a resort on the island instead. Will just be closing my eyes pretending I am further away from home than I am.

I haven't seen my parents since December 2019. I'm in Victoria, and they're over in Vancouver. Yes, I realize there were windows where we probably could have connected, but we erred on the side of caution each time. I am going to ugly cry when I see them. <3

I'm also in Victoria. It bothers me how many people have just been doing whatever the hell they want this whole time (travelling everywhere, taking the ferry for unnecessary trips, etc) when people like you (and me) have been following orders and trying to get a handle on this thing.

We're hoping to make the drive from Winnipeg to Vancouver in September, so this makes me happy!! For me, and for BC!

Manitoba, time to get your crap together!

I haven't seen my parents since December 2019. I'm in Victoria, and they're over in Vancouver. Yes, I realize there were windows where we probably could have connected, but we erred on the side of caution each time. I am going to ugly cry when I see them. <3
I did the same thing. Have not seen my mom since Sept 2019 because I kept waiting for things to get better! I am in Fraser Health and she is in the interior. I could not bear the thought of bringing something there! But I am going this summer! yay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter