• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BC Disers?? Tell us about your trip plans!

Heading to WDW in April for 15 days, staying at POFQ. We always fly direct out of YYJ (Victoria) on Alaska.Used to drive to Seattle many years ago, but the travel time, overnight in hotel, and hassle are not worth the meagre $200 you save. Waste of time and energy and we usually spend that 200 savings on extra meals and parking costs at the hotel to leave our car. Just so convenient to fly out of YYJ and enjoy a stress free vacation. Our flights were $800 each out of YYJ, whereas it would have been $698 out of SEA. Sooo not worth the major headache of getting to Seattle the night before for that early morning flight that gets you into Orlando around dinnertime. Plus, the ease of checking in and getting through securiy at YYJ where there are never line-ups or traffic is a great way to start a stress free travel day.

We got back in February from a 2 week trip to WDW staying off site in an awesome house 10 mins from mk. We got great flight out of Vancouver to mco via Dallas for 1300 for 4 of us .

As for the next trip I am doing the Star Wars half marathon in January so that is the next trip.

$1300 for 4 out of vancouver!?! That is an amazing deal. Do you mind sharing what airline that was with?

I'm currently planning my honeymoon on a 7 night Eastern Caribbean with DCL. I was looking at flying out of SEA just because YYJ is crazy expensive. Even if it takes up more time it's a nice way of my hubby and I starting our trip together. I've been to Seattle about three times now for work (always on a ship) but never on the Clipper. It makes me excited! So someone threw out the Doubletree. Any other hotel options?

I'm currently planning my honeymoon on a 7 night Eastern Caribbean with DCL. I was looking at flying out of SEA just because YYJ is crazy expensive. Even if it takes up more time it's a nice way of my hubby and I starting our trip together. I've been to Seattle about three times now for work (always on a ship) but never on the Clipper. It makes me excited! So someone threw out the Doubletree. Any other hotel options?
I love the Doubletree across from SeaTac (I call it Camp Hilton because it reminds me of a summer camp with all the buildings and the pool in the middle plus the view of the lake (pond? Lol) is just like a piece of heaven). It's close enough if there was a shuttle mixup that you could walk. But, their shuttle (their own) is super reliable and I've never had a problem (I just like the peace of mind that I won't miss my flight) and if you're parking (sorry, I wasn't clear if you were taking the Clipper or driving), you can either get a rate that includes parking (best option) or book a cheap rate and use the MasterPark (love them too) next door - if you use MP - print the coupons off their website before you checkin. They aren't the cheapest (by far) but their service is awesome and I like having my car waiting when I get back so I can jump in and go.

Well we ended up on the DCL Fantasy in May with a day at MK after- I jumped on a VGT rate ($3558 for 3) suffering through the exchange rate. Flights were booked on Aeroplan (I think we were able to still get them as it was off season) out of seattle. I just booked us last week a week at DL- we are doing 5 day hoppers and a Halloween party. The original plan for this year was a trip to DL, the cruise just got in the way first. Flights are out of Bellingham on good old Allegiant, tickets are airmiles and we are staying at Anaheim Plaza Hotel and Suites to keep the costs down (cheapest close hotel I could find)
Hoping to do a WDW trip next year, but will have to see where things are at.

have a week in Aulani planned for my birthday in dec flyin fron bellingham with alaska air and a week in febuary at our home resort at the grand california havent booked the flights yet but probally from kelowna

Just found this thread. We are going for our first trip to DL (been to WDW twice) Oct 25-nov 1 for our 10 year wedding anniversary with our boys 8 and 6. So excited about 45 days away!

What do you all do for insurance? Didn't think about this till now. eek

My twins are graduating in June and they asked for their grad present to be a trip to WDW, so I'm going to do all the fairy godmothering I can muster to make it happen (although the evil villain "Exchange Rate" is battling mightily against me).

We're planning to go the week after US thanksgiving in 2016. We're hoping to take the new direct flight from westjet (YVR to MCO) and stay at AoA (either a Nemo room or two Little Mermaid rooms) for 4 nights, which will allow us to spend 5 days in parks - one of those bleary-eyed after a red-eye. Then we're going to RPH at Universal for 3 nights so that we have 2 full days at Universal Studios & Islands of Adventure.

If we're really lucky, my MIL and SIL's and family will join us.

The plan is to go last two weeks of Aug 2016 and stay for 16 days. Looking at a VRBO for the 5 of us (44,44,16,13,12), plus both sets of grandparents (so 9 in total). Flight pricing is just coming out now. Google flights has them priced out of Vancouver for $550ish and out of Seattle for around the same price. Planning on 8 day non park hoppers. With 2-3 days at Universal, a weekday at SeaWorld, and a day at Kennedy Space Center. Any tips would be most helpful.

How exciting! We usually fly out of Seattle ourselves and have found it to be much cheaper. But, if you can get out of Vancouver for the same price it's kind of a no brainer. We loved Kennedy Space Center too - truly fascinating. Hope you have a magical trip.

Hi Everyone,
We'll be heading out to Orlando for 3 weeks, Feb 27-Mar 18. Will be at WDW for 11 nights (9 day passes & 1 resort day), Universal, Kennedy Space Station, and DCL Bahamas cruise to end. This will be our first time going east. Very excited. Have been planning and saving for a long time. 2 adults and 2 kids under 10.

Booked an Alaskan cruise for August 2016 while we were onboard The Wonder last week. Scary price when you factor in exchange though =0 but at least we don't have any flights to contend with since we live in Vancouver. Still.....the cost is......:crazy2: it's for our 40th birthdays but I'm not sure we'll be keeping the ressie....:confused:

Flying out of YYJ to MCO on Nov 7 for 7 days at AOA then back on Nov 15. DD6 still has no idea!

Booked an Alaskan cruise for August 2016 while we were onboard The Wonder last week. Scary price when you factor in exchange though =0 but at least we don't have any flights to contend with since we live in Vancouver. Still.....the cost is......:crazy2: it's for our 40th birthdays but I'm not sure we'll be keeping the ressie....:confused:

While we LOVED our cruise on the Fantasy, we have also really loved our cruises (2) on Royal Carribean. We have been looking at Alaska too, but at 2.5 times the cost of some of the other cruise lines, I doubt we will do Disney, with the exchange being as crazy as it is. Maybe if I can grab another great GT rate will we do another DCL cruise. The Panama one is the one I'm considering, if I can get GT, not pregnant ect - it seems to be pretty good value

Going to wdw early January for 8 nights. Staying at the yacht club. Flying from Seattle as I got the flights for $254 usd each! Last time we went we flew from yvr for about $400cdn each. No good deals this time from yvr. Might take the quick shuttle down in case weather is iffy. :)

We're planning a Jan 2016 4 day cruise with a few park days before. We decided to fly out of Seattle instead of Yvr. We've done it before and found it saved us money especially considering the cost of airport parking. We had to fly using Alaska and the flight out of YVR departed at 6am whereas out of SEA it was at 8am. It also avoids having to get to the airport extra early since it isn't an international flight.

We also decided to go for a few days to Universal. Our boys are more interested to see the Superheroes, and Harry Potter since they've been to Disneyland already. Ideally I wanted to do a few days at WDW and 1 day at Universal, but I can't justify the cost for 1-2 day tickets for each park. So we had to chose one. A few years ago we found a combo deal for one day tickets including both WDW and Universal. Anyone know of anything like that?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter