• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BBB and a almost 3 yo

threegirlsinNH

Earning My Ears
Hello! First time poster.

We will be going to Disney in Jan 2015. My oldest daughter will be 5, but my middle one will be just shy of 3 (April baby). She wants to do everything her big sister does, and will want to do BBB.

My questions are;
1. Will they check her age, and if so, will they make an exception?
2. I was planning on using the 'under 3' to my advantage so I didn't have to get her a park ticket, but will this backfire and prevent her from doing BBB?

Thanks in advance!

They will not make an exception, as it is a liability issue since the makeup is for ages 3 and older.

I'm sure others will comment as to whether or not you could lie about her age, but it is the policy of the Dis-boards to not discuss ways to break Disney's rules.

I'm sure you can find something special for your little one to do. Have a great tip!

Hello! First time poster. We will be going to Disney in Jan 2015. My oldest daughter will be 5, but my middle one will be just shy of 3 (April baby). She wants to do everything her big sister does, and will want to do BBB. My questions are; 1. Will they check her age, and if so, will they make an exception? 2. I was planning on using the 'under 3' to my advantage so I didn't have to get her a park ticket, but will this backfire and prevent her from doing BBB? Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the info. I am not trying to break rules, just curious how strict they were with this. :) Didn't know if it was a 'close enough' situation. This is def going to make me rethink my plans.

Thanks for the info. I am not trying to break rules, just curious how strict they were with this. :) Didn't know if it was a 'close enough' situation. This is def going to make me rethink my plans.

Unfortunately none of the Disney rules have "close enough". They have their lines drawn in the sand, and they don't allow you to go over them.

Thank you for posting this question! We are going in Nov with our "almost" 3 yo DS. So, we are not paying for park ticket or food for him but were going to try to get him into Pirates make-over... I was going to ask the same question for him, so I am glad to have the information. We have a DD5 so we'll probably have to skip her as well so that he doesn't feel left out.

You should look at the Harmony Barbershop. You can get a trim with glitter and stuff for about $15 plus tip. No age minimum.

You may want to check into the Harmony Barbershop. You don't get makeup like you do at the other experiences, but when we were there last the kids got haircuts and then they put the girls hair up in ponytails with chunky colorful glitter. The bonuses were that there is NO age restriction and it is MUCH cheaper.

I am going to be in a similar situation in August (with a almost six year old and an almost three year old). We have decided no BBB this trip (DD5 has done it before) because my DD2 is old enough to feel left out. Instead, we're going to bring dresses and glitter hair spray with us and give them a princess makeover in our room one morning.

While I agree that the barber shop is fun, it is not along the same lines of BBB IMO. My DD2 would still be incredibly jealous if she got that and DD5 got BBB.

We took our almost 3 and almost 5 year olds to WDW back in 2011. We chose not to do BBB on that trip because I really wanted both DDs to experience it together. Younger DD had to sit out on many many attractions that her older siblings were able to do that she was too short for, so I didn't want to add to that list. We waited until March 2013, so we could take both girls (then ages 4 and 6). They both had a great experience!

this can be a very hot topic here so be prepared-

You need to wait until the child is the right age. you can't take advantage of her age in 1 instance and then turn around and lie about it in another.
I understand the feeling of wanting her to do what her sister is doing, I have 3 girls 1 year we had 2 who did BBB, and the 3rd did Harmony Barbershop. They made her feel very special, and it was nice for her to have her own thing. She had a princess dress just like the other 2 did, glitter and I did her nails. It was much more practical for her than sitting in BBB.

Unfortunately none of the Disney rules have "close enough". They have their lines drawn in the sand, and they don't allow you to go over them.

On DCL, not quite 3 year olds have been allowed into the kids clubs. I can understand why someone would ask the question.

While I agree that the barber shop is fun, it is not along the same lines of BBB IMO. My DD2 would still be incredibly jealous if she got that and DD5 got BBB.

I agree with this. I was suggesting that the Barbershop take the place of the BBB this trip. That is what I did when my childlren were similar ages...the older one didn't know what she was missing and the younger one didn't have to miss out.

On DCL, not quite 3 year olds have been allowed into the kids clubs. I can understand why someone would ask the question.

It has also been posted on here that people were allowed to have their almost 3 year old do BBB and they did indeed tell them they were almost three. Now, I have no idea if they are being honest or if it was before they became stricter with the ages, but NEVER is a pretty powerful word, even at WDW. Would never count on it happening and would for sure make other plans.
Many disagree with me but with girls only two years apart, I would not do one without the other.
To me it's just not worth it to have the little one sad on vacation. The barber shop is great for both of them, or there are services for children at the spa at the GF that are not age strict, or you could do most of the BBB services yourself at the hotel. Let them both choose a dress and crown before hand, fix their hair in a special style that you like ( i really dont like buns on little girls anyway), do their nails and make-up. Maybe plan a meal at CRT instead and everyone can enjoy it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter