BBB age limit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a time and place where both adults & children should be. But getting done up as a Princess really isn't that big of a deal. It's those few adults that are rude and loud that ruin it for others. If I pay over $200 for my child to be done up I should be aloud to pay that much should I want to do the same.

I totally get what you are saying, so I'm glad you posted your thoughts.

I think, coming from a business standpoint, part of the problem is they don't have an upgraded package equal to what your child will get to sell you. My first thought was maybe they could do dress up costumes for adults, but then they would have to tell you you can't wear it to a park.:headache: Adults are not allowed to dress up, outside of the Halloween parties. And though Disney is a lot about the experience, if a business can sell a $200 package, or a $40 up-do, which would they rather sell?

It may be a huge bummer for some, but if the percenage of adults has increased to a point that Disney has taken notice, then I would guess they are losing quite a bit of money on the adults. It is almost too bad they couldn't just limit the number of adults they take in one day. Do only 20 mother/daughter sittings, and charge an upgraded cost for them.

I think Disney is looking at a number of things right now in anticipation of the opening of the Fantasyland Expansion. I think they are hoping for a massive influx of crowds. Whether that will be the case or not is not for discussion here, but I think that's what they are planning for. They see some services they offer in high demand already and anticipate they will be in even higher demand then. I think the CC hold on ADR's is also part of this reveiw of current services.

These are limited commodities, and they are trying to 1) squeeze every dollar possible out of it and 2) minimize guest complaints about lack of availability.

I think Disney is looking at a number of things right now in anticipation of the opening of the Fantasyland Expansion. I think they are hoping for a massive influx of crowds.

These are limited commodities, and they are trying to 1) squeeze every dollar possible out of it and 2) minimize guest complaints about lack of availability.

I'd never thought of that and it makes a lot of sense.
Maybe even the monorail rehab has something to do with it (getting everything in tip top shape before the massive crowds get there).

There is a time and place where both adults & children should be. But getting done up as a Princess really isn't that big of a deal. It's those few adults that are rude and loud that ruin it for others. If I pay over $200 for my child to be done up I should be aloud to pay that much should I want to do the same.

I don't understand this attitude at all. Just because you're paying for your daughter to experience BBB does not mean that you should be allowed the opportunity as well. Disney can set the age limit to whatever age they want. You will have to abide by their rules. Besides, you should never do something with expectations of receiving something in return.

With that said, I can understand that some people want to experience this with their kids. For those of you that do, I'm sorry you won't have that chance. There are so many other things at Disney that you can enjoy as a family though. Save BBB for your child to enjoy.

I don't understand this attitude at all. Just because you're paying for your daughter to experience BBB does not mean that you should be allowed the opportunity as well. Disney can set the age limit to whatever age they want. You will have to abide by their rules. Besides, you should never do something with expectations of receiving something in return.

With that said, I can understand that some people want to experience this with their kids. For those of you that do, I'm sorry you won't have that chance. There are so many other things at Disney that you can enjoy as a family though. Save BBB for your child to enjoy.

You don't need to understand my attitude as I don't need to understand yours. And I do expect things when I am paying a substanial amount of money. I however do not expect something in return when I am doing a favor for someone. When Disney allows us the opportunity to take part in a fun activity that can be done with your children and then take it away it is always a disappointment. Some kids as well enjoy very much to be able to dress as a Princess along with their parents.

And to say your sorry that others will not be able to experience this is not true at all. Your words speak for themselves when you say "Save BBB for your child to enjoy."

You don't need to understand my attitude as I don't need to understand yours. And I do expect things when I am paying a substanial amount of money. I however do not expect something in return when I am doing a favor for someone. When Disney allows us the opportunity to take part in a fun activity that can be done with your children and then take it away it is always a disappointment. Some kids as well enjoy very much to be able to dress as a Princess along with their parents.

And to say your sorry that others will not be able to experience this is not true at all. Your words speak for themselves when you say "Save BBB for your child to enjoy."

If I stay at a Deluxe resort and pay a lot of money for it, should I expect to be given things in return? No. It sounds like entitlement to me. A rule is a rule. It's up to Disney to set them, not you.

I can be sorry for those that want to experience BBB with their children and still tell them to save it for the kids. It's too bad some adults won't be able to be made over along side their children. At the same time, Disney won't allow it after a certain date. So, save it for your child to enjoy. You can enjoy the many other activities that Disney provides for your family. I'm saying just because you won't be able to partake in a makeover with the child, don't take it away from the child by not allowing them to do it. Sorry, I should have been more clear in my first post.

Wow... There are adults who do BBB? I had no idea. Sorry, that strikes me as... Odd. Then again, I see how the girls get done up there and I really have never thought it looks princessy or attractive or cute. Honestly, it looks like 1980's blew up all over them. Crunchy 80's over-sprayed hair, an abundance of glitter, unflattering and colorful makeup... That never striked me as the style of any princess in the Disney family. The costumes are pretty wild though.

I was FLOORED when I found out how much it was.

If I stay at a Deluxe resort and pay a lot of money for it, should I expect to be given things in return? No. It sounds like entitlement to me. A rule is a rule. It's up to Disney to set them, not you.

I can be sorry for those that want to experience BBB with their children and still tell them to save it for the kids. It's too bad some adults won't be able to be made over along side their children. At the same time, Disney won't allow it after a certain date. So, save it for your child to enjoy. You can enjoy the many other activities that Disney provides for your family. I'm saying just because you won't be able to partake in a makeover with the child, don't take it away from the child by not allowing them to do it. Sorry, I should have been more clear in my first post.

Yes I would expect something in return when staying at a Deluxe resort. I always stay at POP but for our wedding in Jan. we switched to AKL with the Savannah view. For the $300 ish per night I expected a lot. One of that being able to walk out on my private deck and seeing the animals. You get what you pay for, and usually when someone pays for something it's to get something in return.

My point was that it is always hard when they change the rules for the odd few that ruin it (if this is why).

Yes I would expect something in return when staying at a Deluxe resort. I always stay at POP but for our wedding in Jan. we switched to AKL with the Savannah view. For the $300 ish per night I expected a lot. One of that being able to walk out on my private deck and seeing the animals. You get what you pay for, and usually when someone pays for something it's to get something in return.

My point was that it is always hard when they change the rules for the odd few that ruin it (if this is why).

Fair enough but if you're paying for your daughter, she would receive what you paid for. That doesn't mean that you should also be able to have a makeover.

I agree, that if that's why they changed the rules, it's too bad. My point is that they are changing the rules and people will need to accept them. I get that some adults enjoy BBB but there are so many other things to enjoy at WDW. Why get hung up over fake hair and childrens makeup :confused3

I would never want the BBB stuff for myself. If I had a daughter I'd have a problem getting it done on her. We did do the "Knight's Package" for my son at Disneyland, on his...ooh, 4th or 5th birthday (5th, I think). And wouldn't do it again.

BUT I know plenty of fun, goofy, kind adult women who like getting their hair done at BBB, can be perfectly respectful and nice while doing it, and who might very well be disappointed by this! For them, it's not necessarily about looking "pretty", but about having FUN and being girly and silly and sharing giggles.

I don't really see why they need to change the policy...Disney is all about having FUN, and if an adult is going to have fun doing BBB on their special vacation, then all the power to them.

Exactly

Though I have to say as a grown woman I think if I wanted to get princessed out I would do a better job then the fairy godmothers at the castle. Cindy needs to send them back to cosmetology school.

LOL. But the grownups that I've seen pictures of do the "rock" princess look, with the extensions sticking out, not the actual "princess" look.

Most likely not that they were not finding slots for little girls, but that they cannot have adults do the more costly packages.

It's about the almighty buck. They can sell your little princess a $80+ dollar outfit with accessories but mom can only get the cheap hair and make-up package. So they have a much beter increase in sales if they limit it to 3-12 range as they can try and sell them the outfits and accessories.

Denise in MI

I have a feeling that THAT is the ONLY reason.

I don't get the big deal about letting little girls have their own place.

They have packages for boys, too. It's not, and never has been intended to be, a place ONLY for girls.

I believe there's also a "My Disney Princess" tea that is for little girls only. Maybe the difference with BBB is that, for the cruise and for the tea, adults were never allowed.

A parent has to attend with the girl, and boys are allowed.

From wdw: "Young princes receive a pin, a plush Duffy the Disney Bear and a Pirate Mickey cap."

And it's mega-expensive.

From allears:

Prices: Adults $89.69 and child $174.88 (includes tax and gratuity)

From wdwplanner (and this sounds more like what we read on the sign after our normal tea):

Cost:

One adult and one child (ages 3-11): $250 (plus tax, including gratuity)
One additional adult: $85 (plus tax)
One additional child: $165 (plus tax)

Myself included. ;) If I went to BBB with a group of my friends, we wouldn't be sitting there politely and quietly.

Really?

But you can gussy yourself up to look like a princess- you can get much the same look doing it yourself. It's not like Disney made a rule that grown women can't put on a ton of makeup and glitter, a tiara etc. I still think that it's really not a big deal.

I have no interest in it, but...I always say I "missed most of the girly classes" that every other female seemed to have taken. I was at my 20 year HS reunion when I realized that the elaborately feathered look, with big bangs and all took upwards of 2 hours to do and involved HUGE amounts of hairspray. I just thought that some hair could do it and some couldn't, and mine was definitely in the "couldn't" group. I never learned much more than mascara, and unfortunately my eye shadow skills stopped evolving after 8th grade (purple, lighter purple, and lavender, all going up the eyelid) so I rarely wear it. I do NOT know how to put skin makeup on, and let's not even get into my hair. I'm lucky that my hair is curly enough that it "does" something without me DOING something TO it.

So no, not everyone can just whip up a princessy, or a rocker princess, look on a whim!

My daughter would kill me if I got BBB'd up. When she did it (see my sig, isn't she the cutest?), it was her day and her day only. Kinda like her birthday, which it wasn't. She got to choose what park we went to, what rides we did, etc. It was about her.

Now if my husband had his way....he'd have me lookin' like Jasmine every day of the week! And not just in WDW! Bikini tops anyone? :eek:

Wow... There are adults who do BBB? I had no idea. Sorry, that strikes me as... Odd. Then again, I see how the girls get done up there and I really have never thought it looks princessy or attractive or cute. Honestly, it looks like 1980's blew up all over them. Crunchy 80's over-sprayed hair, an abundance of glitter, unflattering and colorful makeup... That never striked me as the style of any princess in the Disney family. The costumes are pretty wild though.

I was FLOORED when I found out how much it was.

OMG.......I am DYING!:rotfl:

And I have had the same thoughts. Honestly I look at the girl with their hair all done up, stretched so far her eyeballs are popping out and in those dresses and feel sorry for them.........that is now how I would want to spend a day at the parks. But, if my daughter ever wanted to do it.........I would let her.

But being an adult.......I just don't see the appeal. :sad2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter