• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*** Bay Lake Tower Owners Group***

Fellow BLT owners, it feels like before the COVID shutdown that if you wanted to access the lounge, you had to actually be staying at BLT. Am I remembering that correctly?

For example if we were using our points at Beach Club instead of BLT, we couldn't request lounge reservations.

Anyone remember?
Originally, before July 2012, you needed to be staying at BLT to access the lounge area. It was then opened up to any member staying on site. Later, DVC added an exception to that rule for July 3 and 4, and December 30 and 31, requiring the member to be staying at BLT to use the lounge area those nights. Then, for July 4, 2019, DVC decided to punish all the members who had already set up a BLT room reservation at 11 months out that included July 4, by making July 4 a special event at the lounge requiring a $99 per person fee to enter. With covid, the lounge closed in first part of 2020 and remained closed until its recent reopening with the new reservation rule.

Outer "horseshoe" rooms are even numbered correct? The rooms that are themepark/parking lot/CR view rooms.
I think theses are all still accurate!!

Attachments

• BLT Room Locations Map.png
    BLT Room Locations Map.png
    443.4 KB · Views: 43
  • BLT Room Locations.png
    BLT Room Locations.png
    232.2 KB · Views: 44
  • BLT Rooms.jpg
    BLT Rooms.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 40

I'm booked at BLT in March and just realized the main resort pool is going to be closed through April. We were planning to take a lot of pool time this trip. Debating if we should switch to GF or Polynesian. Thoughts?

I apologize if this has been discussed else where recently, but I just learned that TOTWL is no longer accessible to resale BLT owners. I realize the actual building/lounge is not funded by BLT dues, but I thought the space it occupies belongs to BLT owners? Does anyone know if we will at least receive rent for the space if some owners are longer able to access the space?

LAX

I apologize if this has been discussed else where recently, but I just learned that TOTWL is no longer accessible to resale BLT owners. I realize the actual building/lounge is not funded by BLT dues, but I thought the space it occupies belongs to BLT owners? Does anyone know if we will at least receive rent for the space if some owners are longer able to access the space?

LAX
No, in the condominium association declarations that space is carved out as commercial space, same as Topolino’s at RIV. BLT owners neither support it with dues nor share in any income that it generates. It basically belongs to Disney to do with as they please. Most likely, DVD is paying a fee or otherwise supporting it from their marketing budget, which allows them to restrict it as a Membership Extra like the Epcot lounge.

No, in the condominium association declarations that space is carved out as commercial space, same as Topolino’s at RIV. BLT owners neither support it with dues nor share in any income that it generates. It basically belongs to Disney to do with as they please. Most likely, DVD is paying a fee or otherwise supporting it from their marketing budget, which allows them to restrict it as a Membership Extra like the Epcot lounge.
Thanks. As long as we, the owners, are not paying anything to maintain that space or the structure built on it, I have no issue with it.

LAX

Considering renting points to stay at BLT in a 3 bedroom next October for my son's first trip/blow out trip with both sets of grandparents. Lake View is substantially cheaper, but will I be disappointed? Having trouble finding pictures of the views if anyone has any to share!

TBH it depends on if you love seeing the fireworks from your room each night.

I personally prefer the lake view, but I go a lot, and fireworks lovers really value the theme park view. When you hear them going off and you're in your lake view room and can't see them, there's just a bit of FOMO.

If you've never done BLT and don't think you'll be going frequently, I'd probably recommend splurging for the TPV, especially if you're at the top in a grand villa.

(If you were in a different type of room, you're at risk of being put on a lower floor, which is more of a "parking lot view" rather than a theme park view. But 3 bedroom grand villas can only be found at the top of BLT.)

Couple years back during Thanksgiving week we did two bedroom lake view and it was beautiful! One night we watched MK fireworks from the cross over walk from Contemporary and same night could see in far distance from our balcony Epcot & HS fireworks, we were not disappointed at all in lake view

54B43894-E37C-4E16-9E86-4B51EF701606.jpegStayed in the furthest LV GV on the north side this past august. Loved it. Kids and I went out the 2nd floor door down the hall to TOTWL and watched FW from there. When we got back hubby said he watched them from the couch lol.

Hey folks
Does anyone know when BLT will have another refurb, or changing out of appliances at the least?
We just got back from a lovely week long stay in TP view

And our DD and her family in a LV
In both cases, the dishwashers were rusted and very dirty IMO

I’m not complaining but rather wonder who to report this too?

I have pictures showing the rust and we began to realize we were tasting something odd in our drinking cups
So we just hand washed from that point
I know we could have called Maint to get a replacement but really didn’t want to hassle with it

9B294A4A-0050-4DDA-A4C6-4402C72C70CB.jpeg5C7EFC54-4DAF-4ED8-8E54-72705DDB92F3.jpegE8BB02CF-208E-475B-810D-BB9B52C78AEB.jpegA3B4D358-08F8-416A-9F8C-16840F38035B.jpegA3B4D358-08F8-416A-9F8C-16840F38035B.jpeg724FA321-DB21-4D4F-931B-F6B94DF2FC09.jpeg

Hey folks
Does anyone know when BLT will have another refurb, or changing out of appliances at the least?
We just got back from a lovely week long stay in TP view

And our DD and her family in a LV
In both cases, the dishwashers were rusted and very dirty IMO

I’m not complaining but rather wonder who to report this too?

I have pictures showing the rust and we began to realize we were tasting something odd in our drinking cups
So we just hand washed from that point
I know we could have called Maint to get a replacement but really didn’t want to hassle with it

View attachment 712389View attachment 712390View attachment 712391View attachment 712392View attachment 712392View attachment 712393

Yeah, that dishwasher needs to replaced or else a really good cleaning. Yuck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter