Bay Lake Tower Observation Deck

Only if you are a DVC member with your member card. There are some blackout dates where only DVC members staying at BLT using points can access it as well, such as New Years Eve.

Thanks, I suspected that was the case.

I saw a post suggesting going up there to see the view on a non-park day or even seeing the fireworks from there.

I think some people are confusing the "observation decks". There is one on the 4th floor that anyone can go to. There is one that is part of the California Grill, that you can use only if you eat there. There is also Top of the World lounge on the roof, which is for DVC members only.

Denise

Exactly. There is one "observation" deck at BLT, and that is the Top of the World Lounge. It can only be accessed by card-carrying DVC members, with certain restricted dates that require the DVC member to be staying at BLT on points.

You can look out hall windows on some floors, and observe, but they aren't dedicated decks of any kind.

Contemporary Resort Tower has 2 observation decks. One is public, one is attached to Cali Grill. The former can be accessed by anyone. The latter is accessible via ADR and dining.

Note that Tuesday - Saturday into March, varied dates the rest of March and further out unknown at this time ............ there is a private event that occurs on the best part of the Contemporary's 4th Floor Observation deck. Those not in the event will have to utilize the back part of the deck which will likely have some obstruction from the monorail lines.

No You can't go there even if you are staying at BLT unless you are a DVC member with a member card. Even folks renting DVC points to stay at BLT can not access the lounge area.
Do these restrictions apply during the daytime as well? Is the area even accessible during the day?

Do these restrictions apply during the daytime as well? Is the area even accessible during the day?
Top of the World is DVC member only. It is only open during operating hours. It is a bar/lounge and not open except when open.

There are no non-restricted hours. ToTW is only open from 6pm til midnight (as of this writing anyway).
OK, I was remembering years past when the observation deck next to California Grill was accessible during the day, even though the restaurant was closed. Every time I went up, I had the place to myself, and it was great for getting "mood photographs" of the area. So I thought this deck might have been similarly accessible.

I'm a DVC member and will be staying on property for the Princess Half Marathon in February, and I'll have 1 (possibly 2) guests staying with me who are not members. Will I be able to get them into ToTW with me since they are guests of mine and I'm a DVC member? Or is it strictly members only?

Thanks! I'm new to this :-)

I'm a DVC member and will be staying on property for the Princess Half Marathon in February, and I'll have 1 (possibly 2) guests staying with me who are not members. Will I be able to get them into ToTW with me since they are guests of mine and I'm a DVC member? Or is it strictly members only?

Thanks! I'm new to this :-)
You can bring up guests. 2 will be no problem. Have your card and id ready!

Here are the rules for the Top of the World Lounge from the DVC member website:
Top of the World Lounge
Discover a soothing space to unwind at Top of the World Lounge, located at Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort. One of the vacation kingdom’s most exclusive spaces, this lounge is available to Members and those in their traveling party who are staying on that Member's reservation. It’s an ideal place to savor light bites and refreshing cocktails—and unforgettable views.

Disney Vacation Club Members staying at any Disney-owned-and-operated hotel at Walt Disney World Resort (whether they booked with Vacation Points or cash) may enjoy access to one of the vacation kingdom's most exclusive spaces: Top of the World Lounge atop Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort through December 29, 2018.

Blockout dates apply for Top of the World Lounge, including but not limited to: December 30 — 31, 2017; July 3 — 4, 2018; and December 30 — 31, 2018. Current operating hours are 6:00 PM to midnight.

Accessing the Lounge

This perk is available for our Members and their guests. People who are in that Member’s traveling party and staying on that Member’s reservation are also eligible to visit Top of the World Lounge. At least one Member in the traveling party must accompany the group and present his or her current Magic Band or card in order to gain admission to the lounge and observation deck. A Disney Vacation Club Membership Card is also required to verify Membership.

Parking & Transportation

Parking is only available to those staying at Bay Lake Tower or Disney's Contemporary Resort. Members traveling from other Resorts must use Walt Disney World Transportation.

Sign In

Upon arrival, Members must walk to the Bay Lake Tower main lobby entrance on the ground floor and check in at the Top of the World Lounge desk in the lobby.

Availability

This special access to Top of the World Lounge is available on a first-come, first-served basis until the lounge reaches capacity. As the lounge is particularly popular during the Magic Kingdom fireworks, arriving as early as possible will give Members the best chance of gaining admission.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter