Batteries for Light-Up Toys

BriLam

Earning My Ears
Please bear with me as I know this is a bit of a ridiculous question.

We are planning to buy the little man a light-up toy at the Magic Kingdom when we see the MSEP. Assuming he uses it like I think he will and we're there for a week, I'm guessing the batteries will die out fairly quickly.

Does anyone know what kind of batteries these things take (assuming they take the same, which is quite the assumption) so I could bring a spare or two along in case of the inevitable?

Thanks in advance.

Should not be a problem. They are expensive but good quality and the batteries tend to last a very long time!

We have never had an issue with the batteries dying in those toys. We have some at home that are several years old and still work.

We have never had an issue with any light up toys purchased at WDW. They usually last for a while after we get home. With that being said if you do have an issue ie batteries die, etc., take it to any stand/store that sells that same item and they will exchange it.

We bought a light up buzz lightyear, where you press together his legs and some things light up and spin around on his head. Later that same day, we found it was barely turning and the lights were dim. We went back to the cart and got a replacement with no problem.

I have a light up spinning Mickey head from 5 years ago that still works! Not battery related, but last year we purchased a light up bubble gun and really wish that we had packed extra bubbles because they went quickly and they don't sell refills.

I remember the fiber optic wands I would get when I was little. Even those things lasted well after getting home. If not, I know my glow ears took AA

My sons light up spinning r2d2 is still going strong almost a year later.

Also I was surprised to see batteries were fairly affordable at min the parks. We bought a clip on stroller fan and figured we would need additional batteries so I checked the prices. Never had to replace those in 5 days either :)

They changed batteries for free on a water bottle with battery fan we bought there years ago

We bought a light up buzz lightyear, where you press together his legs and some things light up and spin around on his head. Later that same day, we found it was barely turning and the lights were dim. We went back to the cart and got a replacement with no problem.
We got ours, a Buzz Lightyear, and it worked forever. Okay, well not forever, but for years.

You must have received a bad one.

Glad they made it right.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter