Barefoot'n in the Keys

I haven't stayed there, but just wanted to say that we are planning on booking it for our adults only trip next summer. The reviews on Tripadvisor are really good, the price is great & we like the location.

I was wondering about this resort as well, especially the location. I've heard of Old Town but don't know anything about it. Is that an attraction or neighborhood? Is the area safe?

I was wondering about this resort as well, especially the location. I've heard of Old Town but don't know anything about it. Is that an attraction or neighborhood? Is the area safe?

Old Town is an older shopping/attraction area. They have shops, restaurants, rides (at the Fun Spot) & they even have car shows. The first time we went to Florida we stayed down the street & walked over to Old Town & we liked it. It's not great, but it's something to do with your downtime. We never felt unsafe there (most people are tourists). That is why I was happy about this hotel, we can walk over to Old Town when we get bored.
http://myoldtownusa.com/

Yes, we stayed there about 3 or 4 years ago and we liked it just fine. We had a bottom unit that had a small living area with kitchen and a separate bedroom. It had one full bath. Our two DDs slept on the pull-out sofabed. It was clean and basic, nothing luxurious about it, but it was so much better than a hotel room and was just minutes away from Disney.

They were doing construction at the time we were there and it looked like they were building more units (which would be even newer).

We swam in the pool twice and it was sparkling clean. They also had a free breakfast at the main office, but we never made it there early enough!

We booked using Skyauction and got a really good price. You might want to check with them.

Hope this helps!

We stayed there 2 years ago. We actually rented what was supposed to be a 3 bedroom unit but actually was 2 units (upstairs/downstairs) combined. We LOVED it there. I will say that their pool area isn't the best, but sufficient. It was clean just nothing special. We went close to Christmas and the pool was not warm so not sure if it's not heated or not whether that's a concern for you. There was also a volleyball area and a small play area for kids that mine loved. =)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts