• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Barbie and Ken do Disney Trip Report COMPLETED!!

Great installment! We have never gone to Cirque but would like to at some point. That pizza looks GOOD! Another thing we can try on our next trip!

Thanks Blayne! Hope you are doing well :goodvibes

great installment!! We LOVED, LOVED Wolfgang Puck Express too!! We all got something different and loved every dish!! YUM, YUM!!

Can't wait for your next installment!

It's been a while since I've been on here....Congrats on graduating and you look great!! I tried Nutrisystem last fall and didn't some of the food, so kind of well, quit. I guess the powdered eggs and the non refrigerated chicken breast turned me off, cause I didn't try a whole lot before I decided to quit. I wish I stuck with it, cause now I can't afford it! Great job though! I'm proud of you and you are now my NEW inspiration!!

Blayne- another great installment! I'm glad to hear you loved Cirque, my 4 year old is obsessed with any Cirque show and is seeing La Nouba next month. We took him to see one in Boston last fall and the Jungle Cirque show is going to be at the Providence Performing Arts Center in Dec. so we'll go to that as well. You should go, you probably aren't far from Providence.

Okay.. I have to premise this by saying that this day is \a little bit blurry so I will be remembering this day as I go along!

We started out the morning by heading to Magic Kingdom for early magic hours. We waited at the entrance to Frontierland and then charged when they opened the rope! We had yet to get on Splash Mountain and I knew I had to do it before we left! We didn't wait in line AT ALL .. just strolled right on. It was really really FUN! I loved it! I loved all the colors and the music and the water! It was just a really cute ride! I wish I could have rode it more! My hair which had previously been straight, was now this mess :

384.jpg

After Splash Mountain we rode Big Thunder Mountain Railroad twice, since there was hardly any line!! It was fun. Basically it dried my yucky wet hair! When we were done, we headed over to Tom Sawyer Island. We hadn't been there yet so I thought it would be fun. It wasn't. Todd was on a QUEST to find a paintbrush and was getting angry that he couldn't. He made us search for like an hour and finally I was like WHY ARE WE WASTING OUR TIME ON OUR LAST DAY IN MK!!

385.jpg

So we left Tom Sawyer Island and went to the Haunted Mansion - which we rode twice as well!

387.jpg

I love the Haunted Mansion!! It is soo fun and so cute! After we went to the Hall of Presidents which was okay. Pretty boring actually.. but AIR CONDITIONED! lol

We were trying to go on things that we hadn't been on so we headed to the Libery Riverboat.

389.jpg

It was really relaxing, but not too much fun! So after we were pretty hungry and Magic Kingdom was starting to get very busy. We fought about where to go to lunch. I wanted to go to Pinocchio's, but Todd didn't like the menu, so we ended up going to Columbia Harbor House. We had already been here for dinner on the night of the Pirate and Princess Party so I kind of knew what to expect. But I branched out there and ordered something different and was pleasantly surprised!

Todd got his classic dish - chicken fingers and fries, chips, chocolate cake

391.jpg

I got the Anchors Aweigh Tuna Sandwich, fries, and apple pie. Omgosh this whole meal was DELICIOUS!! I was soo happy and full when I finished!

390.jpg

When we were done we headed off to ride some of the rides we hadn't rode. We started with Peter Pan which was pretty cute. But not really worth the wait. Then we did Snow White which was about two seconds long and cute but once again, not really worth the wait. THEN we waited in the Winnie the Pooh line for about an hour with this HORRIBLE family behind us with bratty kids who were kicking and pushing us. Todd was getting so pissed, but the parents didn't care they were even worse then the kids. Plus none of them spoke english so it didnt matter what we said to them. It was horrible and the ride DEFINITELY was not worth that wait. In fact I would NEVER wait that long ever ever again!!

After our soiree of pointless rides, we headed over to Tomorrowland and took some pictures with Stitch and Buzz.

392.jpg

394.jpg

Then we rode the CAROUSEL OF PROGRESS!! BECAUSE I LOVE IT! You know I couldn't spend my last day in MK and not ride it!! We did Space Mountain after that and it was the longest ride of my life. Want to know wHY? Because the ride BROKE DOWN! They turned on ALL the lights and we were able to see Space Mountain for what it really is .. a dinky rollercoaster like from a carnival. Except all the effects make it much better!! IT was so strange to see it like that! Nevertheless, after an hour of waiting, it began working and we went on! I still love that ride!! After we did Buzz Lightyear and then headed off. We shopped Main Street for the last time, buying a bunch of goodies in the candy shop. Then we headed to the monorail to head to our dinner reservation!

We were off to Ohana for our dinner! Todd and I were both excited for this. We got in right away even though we were early and were seated! I love the service there. The people are wonderful! The show they put on is really cute too!

396.jpg

Todd LOVED the food! He was obsessed with this place. Claiming it was a "MUST DO" next time we come back. Me, well I wasn't to thrilled.. the only thing I really liked was the wontons, the chicken wings and the cheesy potatoes. lol They dessert was amazing too! But that in itself was a meal! Todd loved all the meat too, but I was full already!!

Here is some of our food .. i didnt take pictures of the meat :

399.jpg

400.jpg

401.jpg

402.jpg

403.jpg

404.jpg

We stayed there eating for about 2 hours. Like I said Todd LOVED the food! After, we headed home, sad because sooner than later it wasn't going to be our home anymore!! We went to sleep sad that tomorrow was our last day, but also ready to leave.

Until next time, Blayne

Great new installment, Blayne! I know how you feel about the annoying kids that don't speak English...similar things have happened to me while at Disney. But, hey, it's Disney! You can't get that mad when you're there, right? lol;)

Nice update!

About those kids, I would definately not have tolerated being kicked and pushed! Did you try talking to them? Not everyone that doesn't talk English to eachother doesn't understand it! Me and my boyfriend (ofcourse) talked Dutch all of our trip, but we understand English perfectly :)

Great installment Blayne!!! I really can't stand inconsiderate people that let their kids do whatever they want. The food at Ohanas looks delicious. So sorry that your TR is coming to an end. I've really enjoyed reading it.:)

Oh my gosh, I can't believe your trip is coming to an end, how sad. Can't wait to hear what you did on your last day. Thanks for sharing.:thumbsup2

HI, Blayne! I know I'm joining late, but you've put together an awesome TR so far! :wizard:

Blayne,you guys have to go back to Disney so you can do another trip report!!!!!!! I am really going to miss you writing about this one. I felt like I was there with you guys! I love all the pics ( love,love,love food ppics!) I hope all is going well with your job and your diet!

Nothing like waiting to the last minute, but here I am and posting, Great report. Sorry your last day is coming up.

What did you not like about the rest of the food at Ohana, That is the first stop coming up this year, we actually had it on the list twice this trip because we loved it so much last year, but decided to take the meal off later in the week, because we wanted to try another place out. Glad you liked the potatoes, those were my DW favorite thing she even had them bring out a second plate. The only thing that she did not like on the menu was the sausage, not a big fan of different sausages, except breakfast.

Keep up the good work.

Hi, Blayne!
I've been reading your TR for a while now, and I've finally caught up. I have to say that it has been great reading!! I definitely feel as though I have been right there with you.
It sounds like this was the trip of a lifetime for you and Todd. I appreciate you taking the time to post. I know that writing all of it can be VERY time consuming. I've been able to get a lot of tips from your report that I can put to good use for our upcoming trip.
I loved your drawings from the Animation Studios in MGM, and I can't wait to go there and try it for myself!!!
The interaction that you had with the Mad Hatter at 1900 Park Fare was hilarious! It sounds like you really had a lot of fun there. Glad that you got to see Pooh and Tigger there as well (they are my favorites).
Congrats on graduating from high school!
I can't wait to read about the rest of your trip!
Thanks again for posting, and I hope that you get to make your return trip soon! :thumbsup2

So sorry to see it coming to an end. I have enjoyed your trip report greatly! How are you doing in your weight loss journey? Thanks Blayne, for sharing with us! :goodvibes jen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter