Band of Brothers

Harambe

I miss Tapestry of Dreams!
DH is a real WWII nut, and he's always asking me to watch movies with him on the subject. Although I don't really go for war movies, he did talk me into watching his box set of Band of Brothers this past week.

It was absolutely amazing! I don't know how soldiers do it. Memorial Day will have a whole new meaning for me next year.

If you are not in the mood for all the summer reruns, this would make a great Father's Day gift. Treat yourself. You won't be sorry!

PS - If you like Boomtown, practically all the guys from that show star in Band of Brothers.

BoB was amazing. It's even more amazing when you realize it was true. I was fortunate enough to meet the real Dick Winters last year. There is a move on right now to get his Distinguished Service Cross upgrade to the Medal of Honor (which is what he was originally recommended for in the first place).

My family loved this mini-series. What amazed me was that my 15yo sons who never want to sit still and watch tv followed the whole thing. I would like to purchase it but it's so expensive.

In case anyone is interested, here is a link to the recommendation for Winter's MOH. It includes his bio, an account of the action (it was the assault on the German gun battery at the end of episode two), letters of recommendation and the proposed citation. It's a very interesting read. Harambe, your DH would probably like it.

Thanks for the link, Grog. How cool to meet Winters!

What boogled my mind was wondering how many other guys like Winters fought in WWII but their stories haven't been told.

I love Band of Brothers. It is one of the most moving things I have ever seen. I think everyone should have to watch that.

I thought that those movies were great. Everyone in our family has watched them (we have them on bex set for DVD). Some points brought me to tears...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter