Backstage Magic Solo?

me_minnie_me

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

First time posting on the ABD forum. I've contemplating for a while about doing an ABD vacation. The Hollywood and Disneyland Resort has peaked my interest. However, none of my friends or family will be able to take time off for the dates I'm looking at (either the Oct 26-31 or Nov 9-14):sad2::sad1::sad2:. Have any of you done this vacation as a soloist and how was your experience?

Thanks
Karen

Hi all,

First time posting on the ABD forum. I've contemplating for a while about doing an ABD vacation. The Hollywood and Disneyland Resort has peaked my interest. However, none of my friends or family will be able to take time off for the dates I'm looking at (either the Oct 26-31 or Nov 9-14):sad2::sad1::sad2:. Have any of you done this vacation as a soloist and how was your experience?

Thanks
Karen

.....in just a few more days so.....just if ya like, follow my below listed trip report:goodvibes.

Signed:

Solo traveler & lovin' every minute of it.:)

T.T.F.N.

Hi all,

Thanks
Karen

I went solo last year and it was great. Go for it. IF you have any specific questions ask away!!

Hi all,

Thanks
Karen

Go for it! I have been on this tour twice and both times we had solo guests. On both trips, everyone talked and hung out together. At meals, the tables are large, so you don't end up by yourself. No one was left out. The Guides also work their way around to sit with everyone at one meal or another. Also, there is so much to the agenda, there is always something to do. They do let us go on our own with fast passes in hand at the park. With the Disney fans that participate, I am sure you will have no problem going around with someone. It becomes a big family! You get to see and do what we don't normally get to see at the parks and in Hollywood. I'm waiting for the next schedule and am thinking of going next year with someone I met on my last tour. Hope you decide to go! :)

Deff go for it. It's about an extra 40% in cost to go solo but a great tour.

As jacksparrowfan pointed out you're never really alone unless you want to be. I went Solo in October and once the days activities are done, I hanged out with a other people and made some great friends.

I plan on going on this tour next year with people I met this tour. Hopefully it all works out.

Have Fun!!

Any questions let me know.

Deff go for it. It's about an extra 40% in cost to go solo but a great tour.

As jacksparrowfan pointed out you're never really alone unless you want to be. I went Solo in October and once the days activities are done, I hanged out with a other people and made some great friends.

I plan on going on this tour next year with people I met this tour. Hopefully it all works out.

Have Fun!!

Any questions let me know.

There is my friend! Hi!!! Can't wait to see the schedule!!! I need to shop at Imagineering! :)

There is my friend! Hi!!! Can't wait to see the schedule!!! I need to shop at Imagineering! :)

Hi. I need to shop there too.

That also brings up a good point of traveling solo. You don't have your family or friends luggage space to use after going there :) you have to carry all your purchases yourself and may even need an extra suitcase to cart around :thumbsup2

My friend and I are going on the November trip. She isn't into Disney as much as I am but said she would come with me. Hope you can join us, I am thinking it will be a great trip.

Thanks to all those who replied. I will be booking within the next week for the October 26-31 tour (hoping the Candian dollar can hit parity or higher). My question to you guys now, is should I spend a couple of extra days in Disneyland? Looking at the ABD schedule, it doesn't seem that there is a lot of park time and I would like to experience DL a bit more - since it would be my first time there. My TA has priced out rooms for about $375US/night at the GCH. Does that sound correct, or could there be a discount when she books the tour?

TYIA :goodvibes

Thanks to all those who replied. I will be booking within the next week for the October 26-31 tour (hoping the Candian dollar can hit parity or higher). My question to you guys now, is should I spend a couple of extra days in Disneyland? Looking at the ABD schedule, it doesn't seem that there is a lot of park time and I would like to experience DL a bit more - since it would be my first time there. My TA has priced out rooms for about $375US/night at the GCH. Does that sound correct, or could there be a discount when she books the tour?

That is about the right price for GCH, is she booking it as a ABD add on? If it is booked through ABD as an add on you will still get the transfer to the airport on your departure day, if you book seprately you won't

I would definitely spend extra time if you can. I went on the tour in December and there was a solo traveler. She seemed to be having a great time. I will also be on the October 26-31 tour!!

Hi - new to the board but my mom and I are taking this same tour in August. We are staying the extra night to kind of relax and as we the 4 day hopper pass for the trip we'll have a ticket to the parks on that last day.

I would stay if I were you. :)

Mary

Deff stay longer. The FPs help when hitting the more popular rides except TSMM which doesn't have that option. Also if you like to see characters you'd be better off staying the extra days.

i totally want to go on this but i have the same issue that no one else can go (or if they want to, they can't really afford it :/) - do you know if theres a discounted rate for solos, or on the off-chance they would pair you up with another solo person to save on cost?

i totally want to go on this but i have the same issue that no one else can go (or if they want to, they can't really afford it :/) - do you know if theres a discounted rate for solos, or on the off-chance they would pair you up with another solo person to save on cost?

There is no discount for solo's in fact the cost is more as you have to pay a single supplement.

ABD does not pair people in rooms.

Yes that is about right. The Disney hotel or Paradis would be cheaper. There are plenty of nice clean hotels within walking distance of Disney. You may want to get a rent a car or take a shuttle from the airport. If you are coming all this way you should stay a few extra days.

They do not have a discounted rate for solos. In October, I went with two other friends. The other two shared a room and I stayed in my own. My expense was more than theirs. Maybe call ABD and ask them if anyone who has signed up, or called, would be willing to share a room? I hope you can go. It's amazing!!!! :yay:

Wow, I was actually just thinking about this yesterday.
I really don't know anyone that might take this with me.
I do ok taking Disney trips solo - just finished one in March.

I really do want to take this. Shame that for a solo traveler it costs more - but I guess that is because of the no double occupancy in the hotel rooms.

Wow, I was actually just thinking about this yesterday.
I really don't know anyone that might take this with me.
I do ok taking Disney trips solo - just finished one in March.

I really do want to take this. Shame that for a solo traveler it costs more - but I guess that is because of the no double occupancy in the hotel rooms.
That would be correct about the extra single suppliment cost being due to there being only one person in the hotel rooms. I just did the Med Magic ABD/DCL cruise, and since the cost does NOT include the cruise fair, the cost for a single is exactly the same as for people traveling in a group.

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter