• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Backpacks allowed on some rides?

My2CrazyGirls

DIS Veteran
This is the list of where lockers are located. Does this mean you can bring a backpack on every other ride like Spiderman?

Revenge of the Mummy
Men in Black
Gringotts
Rip Ride Rocket (metal detectors)
Harry Potter and Forbidden Journey
Hagrid’s
Hulk (metal detectors)
VelociCoaster (metal detectors)

Yes, that is correct. I've brought a backpack on every ride that doesn't require them. For the water rides like Popeye's and Dudley, I 100% recommend not putting your bag on the ground unless you want it to be soaking wet at the end (there are also lockers by said water rides but they are not free).

If the ride requires you to be bagless, there are lockers (small) available for free, for the standby wait + a grace period.

You can use any barcode to activate the locker - ticket, room key, EP, etc, or they can hand you a "locker card" - just a little disposable card with a barcode.

Scan barcode to activate, cram stuff in, ride, scan barcode to open, retrieve stuff.

You will want to remember which locker bank you used, so you know which one to go to for retrieval after the ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter