back to school for a homeschooler, help(:

cindys_castle2011

<font color=deeppink> Gary Allan=♥ <font color=gre
As some may know, I am home-schooled. I've been homeschooling since the beginning of my freshman year, I'm now a sophomore. My friend Natalie and I we're talking about how next year it would be fun if I went back to my old school. Let me feel you in a bit;

From kindergarten to fifth grade I lived in my home town- the most greatest little town in Louisiana. Then the summer before sixth grade my parents found a place they loved in the next town over, about 15 minutes away. So since it was in another parish I had to go to a new school :/ I HATED that school from the beginning, way to much drama, and the kids just grew up sooo fast, they we're all drinking, sex, and everything by 8th grade. I was having fun just being a kid. But anyways, high school it came down to where I had actually matured, and they didn't. I got sick of dealing with everything, so my mom started homeschooling my brother(10) and I.

Okay, back on track.. this summer we're gonna start building us a house, behind my grandmothers in my old town. I'm so excited to be moving back! We should be moved in there by the end of the year. Like I was saying my friend and I was talking about how I could go back to my old school, now be in high school though.

My boyfriend of seven months, all my closest friends, and my family go to school there. I would LOVE going back. Plus my grandmother works at the Middle School which is just down the catwalk, so I could ride with her until I get my license. Since we're not gonna be moved until the end of the year I wouldn't start school back till the second semester.

I've brought it up a few times with my mom, but she's just sorta blew it off. Any idea's on how I could persuade her into letting me go back to school as a junior?

I think if your mom can see how important this choice is to you, and if you let her know that you are ready for change, she should understand and let you do it. Moms always try to do what is best for their kids, which can mean a lot of things. So maybe if you start talking about things you miss about high school and build up to asking, she will believe you. Sometimes bringing up these conversations out of nothing makes parents wonder how sincere you are, but if they notice you've been thinking about it for a while they will realize that it's not a last-minute thing.

I always loved going to school (and still secretly do, haha) so I see why you feel like going back!

just talk to her and if she doesn't listen write her a note she will definately see that. I am currently homeschooled but really don't want to go back because I enjoy my free time and stuff. I am starting high school next year what curriculum did u use?

I've been homeschooled my entire life and have always secretly wanted to try school so trust me I've tried to bring it up with my parents a hundred different ways.

The best way to do it is be mature and just tell your mom that You would really like to go back to school since the only reason you started homeschool in the first place was because of the bad school district. (Is that right? Or did I miss something?) And since you grew up in this school district that you think you should be allowed to go back to school when you move back :)

I hope everything works out for you! :goodvibes

oh i soooo hope that this all works out!!! and i think that, like brandon (its an o right b?) said if it was because of the district then you should try to explain that to your mom. it might also help to point out that in college you have to school with other pople so it might be a good idea to work into that with high school instead of suddenly hitting college. best of luck! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter