Back from Xmas Trip - What I noticed!

Thanks for the report and I'm happy to hear that, for the most part, you and your family had a pleasent time.

That said, the part of about your mom... why didn't she just leave a tip? The total is $15.03. Why not just give the waitress $20 and ask for $2 back in change? Thats roughly 20% in gratuity.

I mean... I understand what your mother was trying to do but perhaps the waitress was also pissed off over the fact that she actually had to give someone the complete difference on a $15.03 bill. And then to hear the person say... "I'd rather not carry around all that change..." really?

These CM's go through a lot putting up with people and their request for convenience all day. I realize that's their job but it wouldn't hurt to sometimes help make their day a bit easier, instead of thinking about ourselves all the time.

Yeah I'm not sure we've ever tipped a CS CM, or seen that done..

I think my mom made it easy on all accounts - on the cashier for not having to pay out the 90-some-odd cents and on herself for not having to carry it around.

Having worked in customer service (I worked at McDonalds and a movie theater snack stand) I've never had a problem when someone decides to add change (similar to this instance.) I'm DEFINITELY not a math whiz - and I've had it trip me up a few times (I worked with some older cash register models) but I never took attitude with the customer. The customer is always right - especially at Disney.

I hope that doesn't sound snobbish. It's not intended. But I don't really see a problem with what my mom did.

Okay my mistake. I didn't realize it was QS meal.

On that note... I completely agree... the CM should have handled it better

We too just returned from the World, we were there December 27th thru January 2nd and I have to say that I didn't have any service that I felt was inferior during our entire trip. In fact we had someone with us who had never been to Disney before and she kept commenting on how nice everyone was and how everyone talked to you and that it was odd since you don't see things like that at the stores and restaurants at home. We are DVC members and make several trips per year so we are aware of the level of service that is expected at Disney and I am happy to say we had nothing but fabulous service our entire trip.

We just returned from the world too - December 27th thru January 3rd and we had a great trip. We had great service at the table service restaurants and everyone liked the food they ordered. Almost all the CM's in the parks and stores were exceptionally nice and friendly. I was skeptical on the fast pass plus and bands but we absolutely loved them. I did a lot of planning in advance but it paid off. Bus service at the Beach Club was not the best but we didn't miss anything so it worked out. My family has never gone over Christmas and it is now probably my favorite time of year to visit. The beautiful Christmas decorations, the Osborne lights, the fabulous fireworks, and the happiness of the CM's and staff that work at Disney made it an exceptional visit for us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter