Back from Viva Italia 6/21 - 6/29

tigger_ttfn

Mouseketeer
We arrived home at 3am this morning due to flight delays in Philly. I plan to do a full trip report with pics as soon as I recover from jet lag.

Just wanted to make a few comments and let you ask any questions.

This was our second ABD and still lived up to awesomeness. The guides Mara and Kim were a great team!

This trip has a tremendous amount of walking. Think twice if you have problems walking alot. You don't have to be in great shape, but you have to be comfortable walking for hours in a day, climbing lots of stairs, and basically on the go for 6-8 in a day. It is by no means rushed, but it does involve alot of moving. We had a family that left after day 1 because they had mobility issues. The mother had a leg brace and the grandmother needed a wheelchair for most of Vatican City.

My husband was recently diagnosed with MS and uses a cane because of balance problems. He was able to keep up but just barely.

Be careful what shoes you wear. The streets are cobble-stone and very uneven. We had lots of trips and falls (okay mostly me, but others too). I made the mistake of wearing my Sketcher Shape-ups. They made it worse to walk on the uneven streets. Also, it rained one evening in Rome and those streets were slick.

We considered the side trip to Pisa, but when it came down to it, we really enjoyed our down time at the villa that day. I'm usually an on-the go person on vacation, but the villa is so gorgeous and the Rome days were so jam-packed that it was wonderful to hang out by the pool and enjoy the country-side.

Venice was amazing and more wonderful than I imagined. The guides do tell you that you will get lost and it is true. We only got lost one time, but that was enough. And, getting lost means more walking. Also, be sure to bring bug repellant especially for Venice. I have a million bites just from eating outside at the farewell dinner.

I'll be happy to answer any questions if I can.

Welcome back! Glad you had a great trip, "despite" all the walking! :goodvibes

I'm looking forward to your Trip Report!

Sayhello

Welcome home! Viva Italia is such a great trip. It was a lot of walking. I didn't measure it out, but I'm betting if I had, we would have walked close to 50 miles the entire trip. I LOVED Venice also. It must have been the time of year that we went (beginning of May), but we had no issues with bugs. It is so easy to get lost in Venice, but that is half the fun and once you get the hang of it and find a few landmarks that help you get your bearings, it becomes fairly easy to get around. Can't wait for the trip report.

We considered the side trip to Pisa, but when it came down to it, we really enjoyed our down time at the villa that day. I'm usually an on-the go person on vacation, but the villa is so gorgeous and the Rome days were so jam-packed that it was wonderful to hang out by the pool and enjoy the country-side.

We felt the same way. I had planned to go to Pisa, but once we got to the villa we decided to relax and enjoy. We really liked having the down time after being on the go so much in Rome.

Your trip sounds awesome, can't wait to hear the full report. We were just on a Med cruise so I visited the same areas, looking forward to your take on them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter