• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Back from Disneyworld....the good and the bad...

OThopeful35

Nurse by night, Princess by day
We returned home from Disneyworld Aug 16 after being there for 7 days. I had to drag my son kicking and screaming cause he did not want to leave and neither did I:sad1: But anywho, we had a ball:banana::banana: It was everything I thought it would be and more. I mean Disney thought of everything to make the trip easier. The bad had nothing to do with Disney but with the airline....AirTran (cough, cough). Which by the way I will never fly again. I don't care if I have to pay an extra $500. We left SFO excited and happy. It was my DS first time on an airplane. He was so excited to be riding on a plane and going to Disney. First of all we had an emergency on the plane, an elderly lady (with heart problems) needed oxygen so they felt it better to land the plane ...in Wichita, Kansas so she could get medical attention. We waited there for 2 hours because the pilot had a "hard landing" as they call it. That made us miss our connecting flight in Atlanta. I did not mind landing because it was an emergency but when we finally got to Atlanta airport....they were just plain rude:mad:. It was not our fault that they had to book almost everyone on another flight. Then on top of their rudeness we had to wait 5 hours for our connecting flight to MCO.

By now my son in tears:sad:. We sat in atlanta airport looking at the people go by:headache:. At 10:20PM, we start boarding the plane. I tell my DS that we will be there in no time. By now he is irritated and anxious. It is hard for a 7yr old to ride on a plane all day cause that is what it felt like. Getting on and off of planes all day. We get off at MCO and because it is after 10pm we know we have to go get our own luggage because the Magical express does not transfer it after 10pm (it is about midnight). We are waiting…the carousel stops…..no luggage…by now I am getting quite angry:mad::mad:. They lost our luggage!!…..I was like, “you gotta be kidding me!” What else can go wrong!! They call around…no luggage. We finally give up and get on Magical Express and go to POR. By now it is 1am and my son is sleepy. We got checked in and they front desk said they would try to track down our luggage. They gave us our “1st visit” buttons and the bell boy drove us to our room along with our delivery from Garden Grocers. I was so angry by then we just got into bed and went to sleep because we had a character breakfast at Tusker House at 8:40.

When we awoke the next morning I was still in a fowl mood but my son was happy and excited to meet Mickey and the other characters:), I was worried about our luggage. We did not even have our sunscreen so I had to spend 12 bucks to buy some more at AK. This angered me because I had 2 bottles in my luggage. We both had a wonderful breakfast, it was very good and the character interaction was wonderful as well:love:. My DH was afraid at first but Daisy hugged him and made him feel comfortable and he was not scared anymore. We had so much fun at AK. We got on all the rides. It was crowded but not overwhelmingly crowded. They finally found our luggage and when we returned to our room that evening, our luggage was there…thank goodness:yay:!

Our week at Disney was very memorable and my DS had fun at all the parks. He did not care for DHS that much and MK was his fav. As for me I loved the parades and my DS liked the rides. POR was just as wonderful. I really liked staying there. The staff was so welcoming and everybody was helpful. The only other problem we did have is that my DS did not care for the food at DW that much. He actually lost weight because he only ate very little on our whole trip and that worried me because I plan to go back next year. It seems like all the kids meals had the same thing….and he does not like nuggets or mac & cheese. I might have to stay in a villa next time w/ a full kitchen.

I loved the excitement that they build up before they open up MK. I took so many pictures. I will post them soon. I am exhausted...my son wanted to go to the parks EVERYDAY. I got some cool pics of me and my fav character Minnie and Mary Poppins. My DS loved Space Mountain. I think we got on that about 10 times. I loved how the buses ran. We never waited more than 10 min for the bus. Everything ran so smoothly. It did rain most of the days but never more than an hour. The first day we got stormed on because our ponchos were in our luggage. I am from N. Ca and that heat almost killed me...LoL. It was unbearable at times but we dealt with it. But anyway sorry so long and thanks for reading!! I can’t wait to plan our next trip to the World:banana::banana: and thanks to the DIS boards, I planned it well. I could never had done it with you guys:cool1:

good report.. yikes im al ittle worried I am flying air tran next month to MCO.. we have astraight flight but Im always worried about losing our luggage.. I too am also worried about the kids meal because I know my DD and DS will only eat chic nuggets and mac n cheese so much.. Im still glad that you had a great time..

good report.. yikes im al ittle worried I am flying air tran next month to MCO.. we have astraight flight but Im always worried about losing our luggage.. I too am also worried about the kids meal because I know my DD and DS will only eat chic nuggets and mac n cheese so much.. Im still glad that you had a great time..

Yeah I am done with AirTran...and then on the way home they put me in someone else seat. My ticket and the other person ticket seats were the same. They tried to make me move and separate me from my 7 yr old but thankfully the person next to my son agreed to move so that we can sit together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter