• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Baby's 1st Cruise on the Fantasy!

I'm excited to see what Magic has to offer. I'm worried that it will be too small :/ but I know we will have fun regardless and hopefully won't be disappointed!! I can't wait to see the kids club areas!! I may just want to stay and play myself hehe!! I can't believe check is Monday woohoo!!!:cool1::cheer2:
I hope y'all have tons of fun!!!

I'm sure you won't think the Magic is too small! It's definitely smaller than the Dream and Fantasy, but still a huge ship!

Just a quick update! In exactly one week we will be heading to the airport! :yay:

Michael’s parents told us to book a Palo dinner for the four of us so that we could celebrate Michael’s birthday. I’ve never been to Palo for dinner (only brunch) because I haven’t wanted to miss out on one of the MDR experiences, but since we’ll have several nights in each one this time, that wasn’t an issue. Michael’s birthday is the last day of the cruise and I didn’t want to miss seeing our servers on the last night, so we booked for Wednesday instead. I also booked nursery time for Rory that evening. I hope that he doesn’t have an issue going to sleep there, as it will be during his bed time.

I finally decided on Rory’s Formal Night attire. I wanted a bowtie for him but couldn’t find exactly what I was looking for. I did however find a tutorial to make one! This was super quick to make, and I think it came out really cute. I am going to make matching suspenders to go with it, and he’ll wear them with a plain white oxford shirt. He doesn’t seem thrilled to be trying this on, but I’m hoping he keeps it on for dinner!

CA5BE3F5-523D-43D0-BB04-5CD7C7DF1634.jpg

I’m not sure if I’ll be updating again before we go, but I will be posting a link to the TR once we’re back!

Just a quick update! In exactly one week we will be heading to the airport! :yay:

Michael’s parents told us to book a Palo dinner for the four of us so that we could celebrate Michael’s birthday. I’ve never been to Palo for dinner (only brunch) because I haven’t wanted to miss out on one of the MDR experiences, but since we’ll have several nights in each one this time, that wasn’t an issue. Michael’s birthday is the last day of the cruise and I didn’t want to miss seeing our servers on the last night, so we booked for Wednesday instead. I also booked nursery time for Rory that evening. I hope that he doesn’t have an issue going to sleep there, as it will be during his bed time.

I finally decided on Rory’s Formal Night attire. I wanted a bowtie for him but couldn’t find exactly what I was looking for. I did however find a tutorial to make one! This was super quick to make, and I think it came out really cute. I am going to make matching suspenders to go with it, and he’ll wear them with a plain white oxford shirt. He doesn’t seem thrilled to be trying this on, but I’m hoping he keeps it on for dinner!

CA5BE3F5-523D-43D0-BB04-5CD7C7DF1634.jpg

I’m not sure if I’ll be updating again before we go, but I will be posting a link to the TR once we’re back!

I am glad you are doing a special dinner for Michael's birthday.

I love Rory's tie...it's adorable (even if he doesn't look happy with it).

If you don't get back here, have a great trip. Please be sure to send me a PM when you start your TR as I leave three weeks from today.

I am glad you are doing a special dinner for Michael's birthday.

I love Rory's tie...it's adorable (even if he doesn't look happy with it).

If you don't get back here, have a great trip. Please be sure to send me a PM when you start your TR as I leave three weeks from today.

Thank you!! I hope you have a great trip, too!

Came over here seeing the link in your signature in your post on my TR - you are so close to your trip now!

I think your plans sound great and I think a special birthday dinner will be lovely!

You son is really cute and love the bow tie - even if he isn't thrilled :rotfl:

Came over here seeing the link in your signature in your post on my TR - you are so close to your trip now!

I think your plans sound great and I think a special birthday dinner will be lovely!

You son is really cute and love the bow tie - even if he isn't thrilled :rotfl:

Thanks for coming over! I'm sure he'll be even less thrilled once he's wearing the matching suspenders, too!

Just a few days to go...

I was able to secure Seven Dwarves Mine Train fastpasses for both Michael and I for early afternoon on Saturday! I wasn't sure if we'll be able to get away with just using one plus Rider Swap, so when I was able to get one for each of us, I was very excited! I'm still hoping that we'll get to use one FP+ plus Rider Swap, but I've been reading conflicting reports.

I also got an early dinner reservation for The Plaza. I have never eaten there and thought it would be the perfect low-key meal after 7 nights of huge cruise meals (plus it was really the only ADR available:rotfl:).

Over the weekend I finished Rory's suspenders and made another bowtie for Semi-Formal night. I am halfway packed and plan to finish the packing tomorrow!

Just a few days to go...

I was able to secure Seven Dwarves Mine Train fastpasses for both Michael and I for early afternoon on Saturday! I wasn't sure if we'll be able to get away with just using one plus Rider Swap, so when I was able to get one for each of us, I was very excited! I'm still hoping that we'll get to use one FP+ plus Rider Swap, but I've been reading conflicting reports.

I also got an early dinner reservation for The Plaza. I have never eaten there and thought it would be the perfect low-key meal after 7 nights of huge cruise meals (plus it was really the only ADR available:rotfl:).

Over the weekend I finished Rory's suspenders and made another bowtie for Semi-Formal night. I am halfway packed and plan to finish the packing tomorrow!

Just so you know we were able to do the Rider Switch thing no problem for the Mine Train our recent trip ... we had FP+ for it on Wed and each got a rider switch card - which were good for like a week so we used the cards our second day at MK (on Friday) to ride again. And each card was good for 3 people so my daughter got to ride twice on Friday!

Just so you know we were able to do the Rider Switch thing no problem for the Mine Train our recent trip ... we had FP+ for it on Wed and each got a rider switch card - which were good for like a week so we used the cards our second day at MK (on Friday) to ride again. And each card was good for 3 people so my daughter got to ride twice on Friday!

Awesome, thanks for letting me know!

Rory looks so cute in his tie!!! Y'all have a fun and safe trip can't wait to read ur TR when y'all get back!!!

Just a few days to go...

:dance3::dance3::dance3: YAY!

We love The Plaza; it is our last meal of our trip when Mark and I go for the same reason you said...after all the huge meals you've eaten earlier in the trip. Just be sure to save room for ice cream. :)

:dance3::dance3::dance3: YAY!

We love The Plaza; it is our last meal of our trip when Mark and I go for the same reason you said...after all the huge meals you've eaten earlier in the trip. Just be sure to save room for ice cream. :)

We enjoyed our meal there - it was just we needed!

I hope you are having an AMAZING time!! EEK!! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Thank you - it was amazing! I am catching up on all the work I missed and hope to catch up on all the TRs I'm following and then start our cruise TR soon!

Hi there! Just found your pre-trip report! Hope you had an awesome trip and I look forward to reading your trip report! Your little man is so cute and I think it's awesome that you already have him drinking green smoothies! I have 3 kids....a 6 and a 4 year old girl and an 11 month old little boy. My husband and I have been making green smoothies for around a year now. We have tried everything to get our girls to drink them but we pretty much have to force it on them. I want to start early with my little boy so hopefully we won't have the same problem with him. What do you put in your smoothies for Rory?

Hi there! Just found your pre-trip report! Hope you had an awesome trip and I look forward to reading your trip report! Your little man is so cute and I think it's awesome that you already have him drinking green smoothies! I have 3 kids....a 6 and a 4 year old girl and an 11 month old little boy. My husband and I have been making green smoothies for around a year now. We have tried everything to get our girls to drink them but we pretty much have to force it on them. I want to start early with my little boy so hopefully we won't have the same problem with him. What do you put in your smoothies for Rory?

Hello! Thanks for reading - I actually JUST started the trip report and will post the link to that in my next post!

The green smoothies we make vary from day to day, but my favorite is hemp milk, coconut milk, chia seeds, kale, frozen pineapple, and a ripe banana. This one comes out VERY green - almost fluorescent. To keep it easy on the cruise, I had them make his smoothie with rice milk, spinach, banana and strawberry - same thing each day, but Rory liked it so I didn't see any need to complicate things for the chef.

I think the trick is starting early. Rory actually starts getting really excited when he sees the kale going into the blender!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter