"Babe, I Messed My Pants..." An Oct 2013 TR - FINAL UPDATE! Added 5/24

Love Via Napoli Pizza!! I gotta have it every trip!!

Too funny on the grease! I'm always spilling stuff on me!

I hate your neighbor! I hate your neighbor! I hate your neighbor! Just had to say. Happy that you have decided not to let her control your actions. Just keep the mantra in mind that she's gone soon! What a horrible human being. This is why people should need a test before they become parents.

Yay for Via Napoli! I really want to try it but I don't think it will happen for our upcoming trip. That pizza looks so good and the DBF and I lurve tiramisu! I may need to go back and look at our itinerary now. lol.

lol, I've been waiting to see if the "I messed my pants" would be underwear related! As hilarious as that would have been I'm glad it wasn't that bad!

Your neighbour sounds like a real nightmare, I feel sorry for the child. :mad:
Via Napoli, I still dream of that pizza. Had my heart set on trying the zeppoles but they didn't offer them during Christmas week. :confused3 Wish I would have stopped to take more pictures inside the restaurant like you did.
Thanks for writing and sharing this great TR. :cheer2:

I was thinking the same as above^^^YOUR NEIGHBOR IS A NIGHTMARE! I hope her 30 days go by quickly and that someone requires her to get to some parenting classes--her poor child!

Anyway, I just have to say that we've never thought to try via napoli but the picture of your pizza is making me so hungry! And tiramisu....who doesn't love it?!?

if it makes you feel any better, "taking selfies of myself" is totally something I would say too! :lmao:

And--I'm glad to finally know where your title came from and even happier that it wasnt anything like I was imagining!! :thumbsup2

When you first mentioned the bug and the "I messed my pants", I thought maybe you sat on the bug and "messed your pants."

If I felt something crawling around under there, I would not be alive today to be writing this! :rotfl2:

That is too funny about Lumar and his tiny little spot. Sometimes they truly are worse than women. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Oh, you have no idea! :rolleyes: It takes me 20-25 minutes to get ready to leave my house in the morning for work. It takes him 90 minutes. I can't even tell you hoe many conversations we've had that included me asking him "why did you say you were ready to leave and you don't even have socks on yet?"

Mark and I are trying Via Napoli for the first time in September and your review just has me all the more anxious to try it.

I hope you like it as much as we did! I know we can't wait to go back!

So sorry about the apartment troubles :( that's just awful!

She's a horrible excuse for a human being and even worse mother. I feel bad for us, but I feel worse for her kid. I can't wait til she's gone for good!

Via Napoli is sooooo good. I actually loved the arancini so you might have just had an off day? That pizza, though!

Maybe! It wasn't BAD per se...just kinda boring! Yeah, that pizza though! :cloud9:

TR title reveal!

I know! Only six months later!:rotfl2:

Awesome Illuminations photos.

Thanks! I do love me some Illuminations!

Love Via Napoli Pizza!! I gotta have it every trip!!

Such a great addition to World Showcase! We did like Tutto Italia when we tried it a few years ago but it Via Napoli is the clear winner there. At least in my opinion!

Too funny on the grease! I'm always spilling stuff on me!

Lumar is horrible with that! He ALWAYS has something spilled on him! And it's funny because they always say that girls marry a guy who is like their father, and my dad is THE SAME WAY! That man can not eat a meal without spilling something on himself! :rotfl2:

I hate your neighbor! I hate your neighbor! I hate your neighbor! Just had to say. Happy that you have decided not to let her control your actions. Just keep the mantra in mind that she's gone soon! What a horrible human being. This is why people should need a test before they become parents.

Yeah, you and me both! I can't wait until she's gone! It's so nice to have people to vent to! I feel like my leasing office just doesn't care and none of my friends live in apartments so they don't "get it," you know?

Yay for Via Napoli! I really want to try it but I don't think it will happen for our upcoming trip. That pizza looks so good and the DBF and I lurve tiramisu! I may need to go back and look at our itinerary now. lol.

I do that every time I plan a trip! I have everything totally set and then I read someone's glowing recommendation and I change things. It's because of Jen and Kathy that I rearranged three days worth of plans just to fit in Tusker House in October! :rotfl2:

lol, I've been waiting to see if the "I messed my pants" would be underwear related! As hilarious as that would have been I'm glad it wasn't that bad!

When I announced the title, Jen (Nermel9 here on the DIS) texted me and was like "OMG DID SOMEONE REALLY **** THEIR PANTS!?" :lmao::lmao::lmao: I wish it was that exciting but...no!

Your neighbour sounds like a real nightmare, I feel sorry for the child. :mad:
Via Napoli, I still dream of that pizza. Had my heart set on trying the zeppoles but they didn't offer them during Christmas week. :confused3 Wish I would have stopped to take more pictures inside the restaurant like you did.
Thanks for writing and sharing this great TR. :cheer2:

She's totally insane. I have a hilarious neighbor story to share with you all in a minute....

It's gorgeous in there, isn't it? I love love love that chandelier in the entryway!
Thank you SO much for joining me! I am so glad you are enjoying it! I've been dealing with so much in my real life that I've neglected this TR very badly but I'm hoping to get it finished up within the next couple of weeks!

I was thinking the same as above^^^YOUR NEIGHBOR IS A NIGHTMARE! I hope her 30 days go by quickly and that someone requires her to get to some parenting classes--her poor child!

Stay tuned for a funny story coming up next about her....

Anyway, I just have to say that we've never thought to try via napoli but the picture of your pizza is making me so hungry! And tiramisu....who doesn't love it?!?

I'm telling you, it is NOT your typical Disney pizza! And that tiramisu.... :faint:

if it makes you feel any better, "taking selfies of myself" is totally something I would say too! :lmao:

Up until recently, I always HATED having my picture taken so the selfies thing is still new for me. I started doing on Disney trips because I would come home with 500 pictures of Lumar and none of me! I hate the way those two I posted came out but I had to post them to go along with the story!

And--I'm glad to finally know where your title came from and even happier that it wasnt anything like I was imagining!! :thumbsup2

In a way, I am too! Can you imagine?! That would have been a terrible walk back to the room! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Well I did it! I booked Via Napoli and its all your fault!! :rotfl:

I looked at our plans and we had three nights in a row of taking it easy so I thought I could throw it on our Animal Kingdom day, although it means no cream cheese wontons at Yak and Yeti for sure now(which is okay as I wasn't set on it). Can not wait for pizza and tiramisu!! :p

I forgot to add that I love that you used a Dean/Jensen gif!!!:lovestruc

I am so excited to share this story with you all and it's probably not going to be as funny to you as it is to me but I'm sharing it anyway!

So I'm standing in my kitchen going through my mail.

Keep in mind it's about 9:15pm on a Thursday night...which isn't LATE I suppose....

But my doorbell rings.

I can hear her talking in the hallway so I know it's my neighbor. I open the door, and she hands me a piece of paper. I glance at it and say thank you.

She ignores me and moves on to my neighbor next door.

I notice she has a stack of these papers.

And truth be told....the note isn't even the best part of this story.

She was walking door to door.....neighbor to neighbor.....personally handing everyone this paper.....

In a mint green, mid-thigh length, spaghetti strap, nightie.

DEAD

SERIOUS

So you wanna know that the note said?

Well I did it! I booked Via Napoli and its all your fault!! :rotfl:

I looked at our plans and we had three nights in a row of taking it easy so I thought I could throw it on our Animal Kingdom day, although it means no cream cheese wontons at Yak and Yeti for sure now(which is okay as I wasn't set on it). Can not wait for pizza and tiramisu!! :p

I forgot to add that I love that you used a Dean/Jensen gif!!!:lovestruc

Well I guess I better really hope it lives up to my hype, then!

I love Y & Y but I would definitely take Via Napoli any day!

We love Supernatural! We used to watch it sporadically but we turned off our cable last summer to save money so we started it watching Netflix a lot. About a month or so ago we started with season 1 of Supernatural and we're now most of the way through season 4. Such a great show! Dean cracks me up!

So like I said, I read all of your latest updates I just forgot to comment! Sorry...bad DIS friend...:sad:

You are so not a bad friend! I'm probably so far behind on your TR by now that you've finished it! I wish you and Brandon could come live in apartment upstairs from me! You know...since it will be vacant in a month or so and all! :rotfl2:

Anyway! Awesome morning at AK! The safari is so much fun, I'm surprised we skipped in December, but the line was insane!

I won't wait in a crazy line for it! If I can't get a FP (which has never happened) I'm OK with skipping it!

I'm so not excited about Avatarland either. I really, really wanted Lord of the Rings land. Really. How awesome would Disney do Middle Earth though? :cool1:

I never even thought about that! That would be awesome! Although I would have been perfectly happy with the whole "Mythical Beasts" thing that AK was originally supposed to have! They could have done something TRULY original there!

I really want to try Yak and Yeti, but only for those cream cheese wontons. I don't really care about the rest of the food, it honestly just looks like crappy Chinese food to me! :rotfl2: But those wontons look insane. I wish I could just get a to go order.

I really like Y & Y, but I wouldn't make it a priority, you know? It is really good but if the schedule allows for an ADR somewhere else, I would do that instead. The cream cheese wontons are yummy though. You should stop in and ask one day! They might make an order for you to go!

Ugh, I'm so glad that stupid neighbor is finally leaving. I can't believe you've been so stressed about it for so long, and now that it's coming to an end you're even more stressed! :goodvibes Hang in there, it will be over soon!

I swear she has some severe problems. You should hear her right now. And I really don't even care anymore. I want to find out when she has to be out by but we found out through our maintenance guy that she's getting the boot and I don't want him to get into trouble for telling us. So I can only talk to him about it and he's gone before I get home in the afternoon! It's funny because I was all worried about her doing something to my car, and on my way home today I thought about how much my car sucks and there have been days I wished someone would hit me so I could be free of it and get a new one... so honestly if she messes with it, she'll be doing me a huge favor! I parked right next to her today when I got home! :rolleyes1

OH I forgot-what kind of camera do you have again? Your pictures of the parade were soooo good!!!

Thank you! That's the camera my mom got me for my birthday last year! It's a Canon SX260 HS. I need some more practice with it, but it's a great little camera! I'm so happy with it!

Wow, your neighbor is "special". Hmmmm....I wonder what time the office approved she could have the party till. I think this means it should be date night for you guys tonight!

Yay for Supernatural! I love the early seasons, they were the best! Used to be an avid watcher but now I need to be in the mood for it. All the brother angst year after year can be weary.

I considered going to my dad's for a few nights but then I thought about it today on my way home from work and I decided I'm not going to let her control me. She wants me to feel bullied and I'm not going to let it happen. I'm not moving my car to another parking lot, I'm not using the front door instead of the back door when I come and go... I'm just not doing it. If she wants to say something, or do something, I have no problem calling the cops again. She can do whatever she wants, and say whatever she wants, but in the end she is the one who's leaving and not me. But I will definitely be recording her if I feel I need to! Although in the state of CT, any recordings taken without consent aren't admissible in court.

Good for you in not backing down - though if you ever really do fear for your safety please act accordingly

That's kinda funny that the entire story around the name of this thread is really just for a tiny stain at the edge of his shorts and really not a big deal at all! Though I know I have had something fall on my pants and think it is the end of the world in that moment only to come to grips that it really isn't that bad!

Glad you enjoyed your dinner overall (nothing better than good tiramasu) and also Illuminations!

That note you got from your neighbor is kinda funny ... I assume it wasn't an invitation to join said party but just rather heads up that it will be even noiser than normal and don't call the cops b/c it is cool with management :rotfl:

Wow, your neighbor is "special". Hmmmm....I wonder what time the office approved she could have the party till. I think this means it should be date night for you guys tonight!

Yay for Supernatural! I love the early seasons, they were the best! Used to be an avid watcher but now I need to be in the mood for it. All the brother angst year after year can be weary.

It's funny because all day I was thinking about how much I didn't want to be home tonight.... but then I got home and decided I don't want to leave! I'm tired and quite frankly, I have a really good parking spot and don't want to lose it! We ordered pizza and we'll just watch Supernatural at a higher volume than usual!

Good for you in not backing down - though if you ever really do fear for your safety please act accordingly

Yeah, I still take my cell phone with me every time I leave my apartment. Go wash laundry? Take the cell phone. Go get the mail? Phone is in my pocket. You just never know when it comes to crazy people!

That's kinda funny that the entire story around the name of this thread is really just for a tiny stain at the edge of his shorts and really not a big deal at all! Though I know I have had something fall on my pants and think it is the end of the world in that moment only to come to grips that it really isn't that bad!

I didn't think about it that way, but yeah! It is funny now that you mention it! It was just so funny when he said it that I knew immediately that it was going to be the title!

Glad you enjoyed your dinner overall (nothing better than good tiramasu) and also Illuminations!

It was so yummy! And I know the pizza we ordered for dinner tonight will be good...but it won't be Via Napoli! And I definitely don't have any tiramisu for afterwards!

That note you got from your neighbor is kinda funny ... I assume it wasn't an invitation to join said party but just rather heads up that it will be even noiser than normal and don't call the cops b/c it is cool with management :rotfl:

The REALLY funny part is that I told my sister I feel like going up there and being like "Oh I thought this was an invite!" :rotfl2: Can you imagine the reaction I'd get!? :lmao: To me, the worst was just the way she was dressed. I mean, a nightie? REALLY? To go knocking on your neighbor's doors? She's like her very own People Of Walmart email all by herself! :rotfl2:

Oh my gosh! How's the party going?:rotfl2: I was just going to say that could have been an invite! :lmao: and what the what?!? Who walks around the neighborhood in their nightgown? She's a piece of work!

Anywho--I think it's funny that you started taking selfies because all you had were pictures of Lumar. I did the same thing on our last trip because we always have pics of the kids and the kids and DH, but not me. I was like "hello?!? I was there too! Those kids have a mother!" The things you gotta do to get pictures of yourself at Disney! :rolleyes:

Oh my gosh! How's the party going?:rotfl2: I was just going to say that could have been an invite! :lmao: and what the what?!? Who walks around the neighborhood in their nightgown? She's a piece of work!

Surprisingly, it's quieter up there tonight than it is on any other regular day! Or maybe the same...but definitely no worse! And yeah she is something else! (oh, hey, I hear them singing Happy Birthday!:lmao: )

Anywho--I think it's funny that you started taking selfies because all you had were pictures of Lumar. I did the same thing on our last trip because we always have pics of the kids and the kids and DH, but not me. I was like "hello?!? I was there too! Those kids have a mother!" The things you gotta do to get pictures of yourself at Disney! :rolleyes:

I bought a Lumar a camera so that he would take some pictures, too... so that I'd have pics of both of us, plus pics of Disney from his perspective for the scrapbooks, you know? If I don't say "where's your camera?" it stays in his pocket the entire time! We just got him a new one for Christmas....we'll see if he ever uses it! ;)

Wow! Happy to hear! But kinda weird too! lol Maybe no one came to her party! lol

Sadly, I don't think anyone did! Last year they had a lot of people come but this year...there were maybe 3 kids up there, including the birthday girl! But when your own family members call DCF on you, I guess that's what happens! I just feel bad for the kid! :worried:

So we're up to Tuesday, October 22nd and after this, there will REALLY only be two days left! :sad1:

I don't have a witty title for this update because.....

a) The dog ate my notes
b) My notes got swept away in a cool Disney World breeze, and ended up in the middle of Seven Seas Lagoon
c) I didn't take notes

If you guessed a or b...thanks for trying to give me the benefit of the doubt. If you guessed c... well, let's face it, it wasn't really guessing now, was it? I failed badly at taking notes on this trip and it shows!

So on this lovely morning, we were up and out the door early for breakfast at one of our favorite restaurants (at one of my favorite resorts!)

I would say "here's a hint," but it's more like a dead giveaway:

Oh, The Poly :lovestruc I can't wait to stay there someday!

We checked in at Kona Cafe and waited maybe 5-10 minutes for our buzzer to go off.

Lumar ordered boring old regular coffee.

I don't remember if I had a mochaccino or just mocha coffee but either way it was fantabulous.

Our server was pulling double duty that morning, covering for someone who had called out. There were two small tables and one large table kinda smooshed together and Lumar and I were in the middle.

Which I hate.

Those little two person tables are great for literally two people. Who have drinks and nothing else. There just isn't enough room on those tables for actual plates!

But the couple to my left was very nice, and the family to our right was as well. Thankfully, we all seemed to be like minded and just wanted to enjoy our breakfasts in peace. And our server took very good care of us all.

For breakfast, I had Tonga Toast, naturally:

And Lumar had steak & eggs:

I remember that we did wait for several minutes for our check to come but our server was really hustling so I didn't let it bother me. We settled the bill and headed out to the monorail!

A few short minutes later, we were here!

Based on my pictures, our first order of business brought us here:

If I'm not mistaken, we spent more time this day doing Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom, but not a ton of time like we did earlier in the trip. It's fun, but I get bored easily, especially when I just walked halfway across creation only to have 526 people crowding the portal area. So we did a few missions and called it quits.

Next up:

That's the only picture I took, and I feel like I took the EXACT same picture earlier in the trip and posted in my last MK update. :confused3

Since we were right there, we decided to hop on the train, which was up and running again! Yay!

I took these on the journey:

We rode all the way around and got off again in Frontierland, then headed over to Liberty Square for some Haunted Mansion! Which had no wait!

Continued in next post

Look what I found! (We're still in the HM queue here, in case you were wondering!)

Apparently we got FPs for Splash when we were there earlier, because after HM, we went on it again!

Seriously, how cute are those lamps?

Next up? LUNCH!!

I LOVE Columbia Harbor House. Seriously....best CS in Magic Kingdom. Hands down.

I had the fish and fries:

Lumar had chicken nuggets and fries:

We sat upstairs and there was hardly anyone up there. I thought we had taken a lot of pictures of some of the cool stuff they have up there but this is the only one I've got!

I know we headed back through Frontierland and forgive me because I can't remember where I took this pic, but I want to say it was at the Frontierland Pin Traders, which makes NO sense! I found a little section that sells these handmade soaps and they all have hilarious labels on them:

There was one that had a picture of a sled dog team on it and it was called Dog Drool. They were like $7 or $8 a piece though so I didn't buy any, but they were really fun to look through!

Apparently, we decided to call it a day here at the MK and headed out shortly afterwards. Either that, or I just didn't take anymore pictures :confused3

We headed back to the room to dump the backpack and take a little nap. But we decided to head back to Epcot for a little while to focus specifically on pin trading.

But then Lumar had to try on hats:

And then we both wanted coffee:

And Guava Pockets from FountainView Starbucks which were AMAZING!

You can buy these locally at most bakeries and Lumar grew up eating them. He was skeptical about getting one from Starbucks but they did not disappoint!

And of course, Duffy was along for the ride:

So after some serious pin trading, we decided to head back to the room. It was just about 9pm anyway and the park would be closing, but we were hungry so we thought we'd order some room service.

But of course, we couldn't decide on what to eat so we went with pizza. And as a small surprise, I ordered us two glasses of wine:

Let me just say that this pizza was soooo disappointing after dinner at Via Napoli the night before....

And for the pizza and two glasses of wine, this little meal cost $60!! Yes, you read that correctly! SIXTY! 6 - 0!!

It was drizzling a little bit outside and I will say that it was nice to sit out there, just the two of us. It was nice and quiet and despite the high price tag/poor tasting pizza (although the wine was quite good!) we had a nice time!

Next up: "Oh No! Not This Again!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter