B2B changes

I wonder if you still have to pack if you are traveling on a document of recovery letter, because with that, they shouldn't be testing you for the second leg of the trip.

Oh, wow! I guess it is much longer now with the testing. I was thinking pre-Covid was much quicker. Ugh!
I did B2B cruises on the Dream in February and we were onboard about 1.5 hours before anyone else. We met in the pub at 9:00am, we were off by 9:15am or so, we all went through PCR testing together and had results pretty quickly since we were the first tests of the day, and then we went through security and waited in the terminal for a few minutes. I guess I don't remember exactly when we got back onboard, but there wasn't anyone else in the terminal when we boarded and we didn't see anyone else on the ship for at least an hour. They all had to do PCR tests, too! I guess it's different now, though.

I wonder if you still have to pack if you are traveling on a document of recovery letter, because with that, they shouldn't be testing you for the second leg of the trip.
I was wondering the same thing. We are submitting for our recovery letter next week and sail a B2B in August.

Same here! I'll be interested to hear people's experience. We have a B2B in September and we'll be on recovery letters as well. I would guess that having the communication with your room steward will be part of the process.

I was wondering the same thing. We are submitting for our recovery letter next week and sail a B2B in August.
I will be looking forward to when you report back. Our B2B is the end of September and we will have recovery letters. Currently have 3 more days of recovery before we can get them.

Doing a b2b on Wish starting August 1. Thanks so much for posting this information. We were already switching rooms because I was able to snag an aft room with an extended verandah on the first sailing and not the second. Would love to hear the actual experience from anyone else doing a b2b on the Wish before this.

The one benefit I'm hoping to get for the second leg is to be able to book some things like Palo on the ship before others.

I'm wondering if they are discussing removing testing requirements from b2b even before removing for initial sailing? I'm sure they are going to get A LOT of pushback on this. We aren't sailing b2b until September so prob by then the overall testing will disappear entirely, but who knows?

It would be interesting how they handle the recovery letter because nowhere in the dcl letter of instructions does it mention it. It just says ALL guest. Also, not sure if anyone else saw this. After the MV 100 people tested positive out of the 400 people doing a b2b. That’s a lot of people that didn’t get back on. I’m sure this is the reason for this change. That’s a lot of folks to pack up.

It would be interesting how they handle the recovery letter because nowhere in the dcl letter of instructions does it mention it. It just says ALL guest. Also, not sure if anyone else saw this. After the MV 100 people tested positive out of the 400 people doing a b2b. That’s a lot of people that didn’t get back on. I’m sure this is the reason for this change. That’s a lot of folks to pack up.
I'm thinking this is a reason and a good one. I was and will be doing a B2B in February was supposed to be August, but with Cases rising not risking it. I was worried about testing positive and also if we did between cruises what would happen. I was going to throw all stuff in my luggage in case so seems I'd be doing that depending what happens by February

Do you know where that info came from?

I'm thinking this is a reason and a good one. I was and will be doing a B2B in February was supposed to be August, but with Cases rising not risking it. I was worried about testing positive and also if we did between cruises what would happen. I was going to throw all stuff in my luggage in case so seems I'd be doing that depending what happens by February

yes, I gave up my Aug 27th cruise and kept my sept 3 cruise. We plan to bring our test kits when we do our b2b Oct/Nov. Figured it would soften the blow if we knew first. 🤷‍♀️

Do you know where that info came from?

the letter from post 1 came from a cruiser who is/was on the Wish. Also a few b2b MV cruisers said they got the same letter. It was addressed to the cruiser and had their cabin number on it. They were marked out, but I cropped them out.

Another one of the reasons why a B2B isn't the same thing as one long cruise.
Agreed. We did B2B once and decided that was the last time for us. It’s just repeating the same cruise. Same menus, same entertainment, same ports, etc.

Maybe in some cases it would make sense perhaps for us (like in Europe if the itineraries from one cruise to the next were different), but I think a B2B on the Wish would be disappointing.

Why not test people the night before then, instead of testing them at port? It would solve all the issues about testing positive and the staff having to pack, or now having to pack for no reason.
Probably because you can test negative and then 12 hours later test positive. Or simply wake up with symptoms you didn't have the night before.

very curious how the b2b testing with recovery letter for the first leg works? Doesn't say at all in Disney "know before you go" policy. It literally says all guests regardless of vax status must test. So what's the point of a recovery letter for leg 1? if you have to test for leg 2?
we plan on bringing tests with us just to know.

very curious how the b2b testing with recovery letter for the first leg works? Doesn't say at all in Disney "know before you go" policy. It literally says all guests regardless of vax status must test. So what's the point of a recovery letter for leg 1? if you have to test for leg 2?
we plan on bringing tests with us just to know.
My guess is a lot of the current issues with the number of positives are because the current variants are faster than the ‘90 day’ letters and so a letter 30/60/90 days ago was 2-3 variants ago and those people may be the ones silently bringing it aboard. The letters made sense with PCRs tests especially when those variant antibodies were lasting 90+ days so those people were ‘considered low risk’ vs now when you can test + again within 30 days with a new variant….

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter