• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

[B]Saving $ buying multiple APs?[/B]

mikey13v

Mouseketeer
Can you purchase multiple APs at one time for 1 person now, at the current rates, to avoid price increases in years to come.

I understand that the year of use on the AP doesn't begin until you redeem your voucher. So, say you buy 2 DVC APs today, and get the vouchers in the mail. In July of 2006 you redeem one of your vouchers for use thru July 2007. You then redeem your other voucher in January of 2009 for use thru January of 2010. All the while avoiding the price increases that will happen in the those years, as well as the possibe termination of the DVC discount.

I know this may seem like trying to work the system, but if Disney allows this, then they must condone it. They're getting your money early(which they deffinatly like), and getting your commitment to come to the parks many times in the future.

It works with "regular" (daily & hopper) park admission.

+Disney will take that prepaid money and sortof invest it so they are making more on you this way then the price of an increase thats why they let you do it.

You could put that money in a 12 month CD and make more then the 2or3% price increase.

tmt martins said:
+Disney will take that prepaid money and sortof invest it so they are making more on you this way then the price of an increase thats why they let you do it.

You could put that money in a 12 month CD and make more then the 2or3% price increase.

I agree with that line of thinking. It's just a matter of the amount of the media inflation, and if the DVC Discount continues beyond 2006.

Yes I agree we are not going until june but I bought mine right after I became a member in Nov just incase the discount went away.

Like you said I wasn't really worrying about the increase but losing that $125 X3 would have hurt a bit

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter