[B] Horrible coffee [B]

I totally agree--the coffee at WDW was terrible. I am a huge coffee drinker and nescafe was bad enough to make me change to tea!! Only good part of coming home was making a fresh pot of REAL coffee!!!! :flower:

Mama Melrose serves the same coffee the Brown Derby does. It was better than Nescafe.

I love good coffee and only tried it once at WDW. It was the pits! I feel an email or even a petition coming on. I cant stay decaffinated for 2 weeks! :rolleyes:

Maggs

Oh no! I am lost in the morning without a good cup (or three) of coffee. DH will drink anything as he drives for a living, but the rest of us will not. Thanks for the warning, I will bring my own. Does anyone know if the AKL has coffee makers int he room, and if so, what kind of filters do they use. I have had some bad luck with cheap filters in the past.

We always bring plenty of our own coffee and our own filters. Except for a few places like Kona or V&A, we gave up on Disney's horrid brew a long time ago. Yuck.

DisFlan

Sadly, I don't see a change coming any time soon. Nestle is a major sponsor, as already noted.

I did discover that the Big River Grille serves Seattle's Best brewed coffee, which is a much better option. You could also try the three non-Disney run coffee bars around Epcot (between UK and Canada; on the walkway before Mission:Space; on the walkway before Mexico). I don't know what type of coffee they serve there.

The Starwood hotels (Swan/Dolphin) are 'proudly brew' locations ie they serve Starbucks brewed coffee (but do not have a Starbucks on site)

The espresso drinks vary widely. For instance, the beverages at the crepe stand outside France used to be excellent, until the machine broke last year and didn't produce well. The espresso drinks inside the bakery are horrible flavoured beverages from the machine.

My personal preference remains the espresso stand in Italy, but it may take some trial and error to find your preference.

In addition, it is frustrating to discover how often Disney's espresso machines break. Earlier this year I encountered broken machines at POR, the new Land food court, BCV, and BWV all in one day! I finally discussed this with a manager who agreed that the machines simply cannot handle the high volume required.

That's why I stick with my own coffee and mug!

Not only do we bring our own coffee,filters and water, we also pack disposable hot beverage cups & lids so when we want to bring a cup of coffee from our room with us, we don't have to lug around a travel mug.

Wow, just one more reason to stay at the Poly, great coffee at Kona coffee bar. I was thinking of taking my french press as well, and heating the water through the in-room coffee maker.

I had a horrible experience with the NesCafe coffee in June. My stomach is really sensitive when it comes to coffee. It was EMH at Mk and we got some coffee...uhhh it made me sick, well that combined with the heat and I rode BTMRR. Needless to say, when I got on Pooh, the part where you bounce with Tigger made me sooooo nauseous. SO I will not be partaking in any of their coffee ever again :)

DTD / Hotel Plaza Blvd at Crossroads make a left onto Apopka-Vineland.

There is a Dunkin Donuts on the left down 1 or 2 lights.

Plan on hitting Starbucks.

I would kill for good coffee at breakfast!

::MinnieMo

Best coffee I had was at Barney's in Celebration it was excellent. After drinking lousy coffee for three days it was a welcome treat. I will be going back next trip maybe take some back to the villa.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter