[B] Horrible coffee [B]

CTCouple

Mouseketeer
DH writes- Just a forewarning to anyone (especially java junkies) going to WDW...the coffee is horrible.
They served brewed Nescafe, which starts out strong, and it seems ends up like dishwater. I never got to try the coffee at Kona Cafe, which I assume is different.
We stayed at the BWI- the coffee in the morning from the Bellvue Room or Bakery was OK (and strong) when fresh brewed but any other cup I got, except for the cart on the Boardwalk (which was freshly brewed at night) was down right nearly undrinkable! :eek: :eek:
Even at a later breakfast at GF Cafe, the coffee was undrinkable; ended up switching to tea.
Thankfully we had a car so when we went out, one day I got a cup from WaffleHouse and another from Dunkin Donuts :sunny:

I don't remember coffee being this bad in visits past to WDW!

Yep, it's bad. Nestle has the contract. You can get Starbucks at Swan/Dolphin and good coffee at Kona and Boma. I bring my own and brew it in the room and just take it with me =)

So that's who has the coffee monopoly in WDW! I always wondered why Starbucks didn't step in - hey, I'd take Dunkin Donuts, 7-11, or WaWa coffee over what they have!

DH made a whole song about "bad coffee" on our Oct 03 trip... I forgot how funny that was.

D4D

Another Dunkie's Junkie here! I switch to tea at WDW, although I had wonderful coffee at Boma and Jiko at AKL.

You are so right! We just returned from BWV and our only complaint was the coffee!! We did go to the Swan/Dolphin for Starbucks but it's not as convenient as the Boardwalk Bakery. Oh well....

We are staying at WL which i think has coffee makers in the room. Anyone know how many cups they make and what size filters they take?

Me and DH always like a good cup of coffee in the morning and I decided we would bring our own grounds after hearing all the nasty coffee stories.

Annie

I agree that the coffee is terrible. Its one thing we like about staying at DVC, we have a real coffee maker and can brew our own coffee in the room!

Ducky4Disney said:
So that's who has the coffee monopoly in WDW! I always wondered why Starbucks didn't step in - hey, I'd take Dunkin Donuts, 7-11, or WaWa coffee over what they have.

Yeah.... let's replace the Hess stations with a couple Super Wawa's !!!!!

We are coffee junkies and we've always found good coffee at the bakery on Main Street in the Magic Kingdom. Perhaps it's because it's brewed frequently and doesn't have time to get burnt? I dunno...we've tried the coffee all over "the world" and we like the bakery coffee the best.

so funny that this was just posted...i've been meaning to post this all day. crappy weak nescafe from carts that don't even have real half 'n half. omg. i feel like i'm at a gas station in the boonies. it's good at some of the restaurants, but very very very hard to come by in the parks. and milk? my sil couldn't even get skim milk for her coffee...had to buy a little carton of regular milk for her coffee. really suprisingly bad considering the current coffee culture. skim, whole and half and half should be available. good coffee should be brewed *everywhere* there's no excuse for.....nescafe? dear me.

we should all deluge disney with this feedback.....

:)
katherine in atl

Yep - we always bring whole beans and a grinder from home. I don't drink a LOT of coffee, but what I drink has to be good.

Last I heard Nestle was still sponsoring The Land pavilion at Epcot, which I'm sure has a lot to do with their getting the coffee contract. If Starbucks offers to take over that sponsorship... But why should they?

Nestle's involved with a whole lot more then just The Land. Their logo seems to pop up everywhere.

yup, they've got thier fingers in everything (nestle does). they sponsor the baby stations....it's their logo (and carnation formula logo) that appears on the name tags on every stroller. since i refuse to passively advertise for them, i tear off that portion of the card.

katherine in atl
who irl boycotts nestle

The coffee at The Brown Derby at MGM is very good. Our server told us that they don't have to serve Nescafe there because they are a specialty restaurant. I think that this is probably true of their "signature" restaurants. Everywhere else on property it's probably Nescafe. :(

P.S. The Writer's Stop at MGM also has better coffee that is made from freshly ground beans. :) The pastries aren't bad either.

reading this thread, i just decided that i'm going to bring my own ground guatemala antigua and my own half and half...and just brew it in the room and carry it in my insulated cup instead of dealing with the frustration of the subpar parkwide coffee (with the exception of specialty restaurants).

i also recall the coffee being good at kringle bakeri - love that place....i'll file away the tip on Writer's Stop too:)

katherine in atl

CTCouple said:
DH writes- Just a forewarning to anyone (especially java junkies) going to WDW...the coffee is horrible.
They served brewed Nescafe, which starts out strong, and it seems ends up like dishwater. I never got to try the coffee at Kona Cafe, which I assume is different.
We stayed at the BWI- the coffee in the morning from the Bellvue Room or Bakery was OK (and strong) when fresh brewed but any other cup I got, except for the cart on the Boardwalk (which was freshly brewed at night) was down right nearly undrinkable! :eek: :eek:
Even at a later breakfast at GF Cafe, the coffee was undrinkable; ended up switching to tea.
Thankfully we had a car so when we went out, one day I got a cup from WaffleHouse and another from Dunkin Donuts :sunny:

I don't remember coffee being this bad in visits past to WDW!

I used to work for Nestle, and even I say that it's a brown crayon dipped in water.

I bring my own and brew in my room, and only venture to the espresso stand in Italy and a few other places.

If I have to go offsite for work, I'll stop at Starbucks and bring my cup back on site. It's amazing how many people approach me asking where I found the Starbucks!!!

Regarding coffee, I should add that we always buy freshly ground coffee to brew in our room in the morning. Sometimes we shop at WalMart, sometimes at Publix. If you shop at Publix, I cannot recommend their store brand of beans (Brothers'?). Even though freshly ground at the store, it was worse than Nescafe even though I used bottled water. :(

I'm tempted to bring our little french press and electric teakettle (for hot water) and brewing our own in the room then getting cream/sugar at the food court at breakfast.

The coffee there is so bad.

I'm on the road 300 days/year, and travel everywhere with coffee filters and coffee and thermal mug. One of my colleagues won't go anywhere without her french press.

Hotel room coffee can be 'interesting' to say the least - I prefer to bring my own brand along.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter