• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

[B]Dosen't Disney still have video cameras on the rides?[/B]

J&J

DIS Veteran
Dosen't Disney still have video cameras on the rides?

We were told that on all rides they use video cameras. A CM was watching to see if anything was wrong or if someone was doing something they should not. Like touching the attraction, getting out, smoking or anything else that could be considered dangeous. Is that so? With all that is being said on the boards now and that the CM's do nothing. Surprised and disappointed with Disney. Anyother thoughts on this? :love: :love: party: party: party: party: party:

Not all rides have cameras. For example, The Haunted Mansion does not have any in-ride cameras (it does have intrusion mats that will shut the ride down immediatley if someone steps out of the buggy). On the rides that do have cameras there is a CM that is in the tower watching the camera. However it depends on the ride and the situation what actions will be taken. Obviously if someone is going to endanger themself or someone around them the CM will get on the PA and make an announcement for them to stop doing whatever it is that they are doing. But if they are taking flash photos, smoking, etc it depends on the ride itself what actions would be taken. The cameras are black and white so smoking is a hard one to see especially with the angle of some cameras, but for example. At Pirates of the Caribbean, the CM in the tower can talk directly to the upper part of the ride (before the drop) seperatly from the lower part (after the drop). The entire lower building however is set up on one PA. So the CM's are trained that if they see something in the upper area they can use the PA and talk directly to the boat, but once they have gone down into the lower building, they are only to use the PA if they see someone doing something that would potentially harm them or someone else. Because they would be talking to the entire ride (not just the area that the particular boat is in). That does not mean however that nothing is done. There are times when the tower CM will call the unload area and advise them what the vehicle number is and what the situation is and the unload CM will follow up with whatever is necessary.

I thought they had camera on all the rides. Do only the wild rides have the cameras? I thought security was tighter. Once when we were the exxon ride and it stop security came fast. :love: :love: party: party: party:

I thought some of the dark rides had infared cameras too - or at least detectors to detect whe someone gets out of a vehicle or something...and that was part of the no flash rule (besides just ruining the effects)

I also understood that they had cameras through out the parks....

I can't remember exactly which attractions this has happened on at the moment, but there have been several times when a 'voice' has come out of nowhere and told someone to put their feet, arms, hands (whatever) back inside the car. Or to sit down..that kind of thing. They weren't thrill rides but the slower moving ones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter