[B]Buying a season pass during the ddp[/B]

kbmoo

DIS Veteran
I am staying at POP for 16 days total.(3 separate trips during the ddp). I had to buy disney tickets for all those days. Is there any way to upgrade to a season pass, or doesn't it work with ddp. I am going with different people each time and no one has a season pass.

If you want to be on the DDP and stay in a value, moderate or deluxe room, you have to book a package for each time you visit. That means that everyone in the room must get tickets. They can all purchase 1-day base passes as a part of the package and then upgrade their individual tickets to whatever they need once they arrive in WDW.

Since you want to have a seasonal pass and do the DDP, the only option would be to rent points from a DVC member and stay at a home-away-from-home resort. DVC members and their guests (renters) can add the DDP to their stay without having to purchase tickets as a part of a package.

It might be cheaper for you to get an AP to cover those 16 days...so that you can take advantage of the DDP(I'm guessing you mean the free time-since DDP is always available with a package).

But any way what Mad4themouse is saying is each ressie only needs a 1 day ticket(regardless of length of stay-and as long as you don't use your room card at a park for admission, (you should be using the AP) you can save the single day tickets(3). You can either use them later on other trips or apply one at a time to a future trip's ticket(I believe-since they aren't activated). Also by doing the 1 day-as Mad4themouse said, each friend can upgrade for their length(without penalizing you)

I ran the numbers:
AP is 441.98 and 3-1day tickets are (63*3)189=630.98**(hopping)
3 trips-(7,4,5)ticket portion is 204,199,202=605.00**(NO Park hopping)
3 trips-(7,4,5)ticket portion is 236,233,234=703.00**(with Park hopping)

**apply the taxes, and the difference is a favor for the AP and 3 single day tickets(espically with the hopping)-but like I mentioned you can recoop the $189 later by using them for future trips or as a credit toward future tickets--one per ticket without having to pay for a no expiry. And is there any chance you might get another trip in within the year?. So I think the AP is cheaper.

++As an AP holder you qualify to purchase a DDE card (I think it is $85 now) but it gives you 20% off many sitdown dining locations- incase you are paying for items Off Card or more importantly for adult beverages :thumbsup2 which are not included in the plan. And the card is also good for one year, and if you go on other trips-it is still valid too!!!! :cheer2:

Thanks, I'll run the numbers again. I got a 5 day ticket for 1st trip, 4 day 2nd trip and 7 day 3rd trip. My one daughter is going on the 1st & last trip with me. 4 of us the 1st trip, 2 2nd trip & 4 last trip. Will I go back to disney again within a year? What a silly question. Thanks again. I am a real bargain shopper, so I will really look into it.

Do you think I could buy a 1 day pass with the free ddp. Does that mean I would only get 1 day of free dinning or for the entire trip? Also could we take our 1 day passes to the park & upgrade for more days?

kbmoo said:
Do you think I could buy a 1 day pass with the free ddp. Does that mean I would only get 1 day of free dinning or for the entire trip? Also could we take our 1 day passes to the park & upgrade for more days?

The free dining is based on the number of nights you stay on your package. You must purchase at least a 1 day pass for a package deal. So to answer your questions yes you could just buy a 1 day pass with the free DDP and you can upgrade the tickets either at the parks or at your resort.

The only seasonal pass I know of is for Florida residents. You could just buy a one day base ticket for each person on each reservation. You could apply the cost of the one day base ticket towards upgrading to an annual pass (or any more expensive ticket) when you get there. I think you can only apply the cost of one one day pass, not all 3 to an upgraded ticket. Sorry if that doesn't make sense!

canwegosoon said:
**apply the taxes, and the difference is a favor for the AP and 3 single day tickets(espically with the hopping)-but like I mentioned you can recoop the $189 later by using them for future trips or as a credit toward future tickets--one per ticket without having to pay for a no expiry. And is there any chance you might get another trip in within the year?. So I think the AP is cheaper.
On your first trip (booked with a 1 day pass for everyone) you would already be able to recoop the first 1/3rd of your $189 when you upgrade to the AP. So that really only leaves you with $126 "invested" for trips or AP after this years expires.

Am I doing that correct? I think so... if so, make sense?

The best thing about the AP to me was adding a day or two to a trip for almost nothing. Transportation costs stay the same.... the only added cost was the hotel for the night (and we were only at about $50/night at the time) Factor in free dining and its a great deal to add a day.

You'll also get some discounts with your AP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter