• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Awesome Target Deal on Sunday

I'm considering getting the Target Redcard Debit Card.... So I could buy $300 of Target gift cards for $270. Then when I get my Redcard, I could go online and pay for the Disney Gift Cards with my Target Gift Cards... Would it know I'm a redcard member and get 5% off of that or how would I also get the Redcard discount if I'm not using the Redcard to pay for the Disney Gift Cards?

They don't have much information on the website... any drawbacks of the Redcard Debit Card? No fees or minimum balance?
Basically, you have it correct. You will need to add your Redcard to your online account and designate it as the "default payment method". Then when you checkout, choose to use the gift cards as payment and you will still get your 5% Redcard discount. But - you have to have your Redcard as the default even though you aren't using it for this transaction ...

Actually you pay 270 in the store and walk out with 300 in Target Gift card. Go home purchase 300 in Disney gift cards but if you default to red card they send you 300 in giftcards yet only take 285 from your gift card balance. So in reality you paid 270 at the store of target, get 300 Disney and still have 15 left so you could argue you are paying 255 for 300 in gift cards....
....or,if you don't want to have anything left over on the Target gift card, buy a $285 Target card for $256.50:crazy:.

Now that Target has made it more difficult to combine gift cards, I am going to try and avoid having any leftovers. When I buy cards from Raise/Cardpool/etc, I plan to buy $50/$25/$20 if I can, and then immediately go to Target and buy a $95 gift card. Hopefully, I won't run into cashiers who are unwilling to allow gift cards as payment for a gift card:sad2:.

Id just like to double check that I have this right--since Ill be joining the crowds to get GC tomorrow

I go to target and buy a $100 target gc for $90 then I go back and buy $100 of disneyGC using the target GC I just bought

Im not that brave yet to order on line and then use GC and then the target debit/credit card to get an even bigger discount

I think it should be pretty easy but now Im just concentrating on the basics!!

thanks all this will be fun

You can get the 5% off Disney gift cards even when paying with Target GC, you enter in all your Red Card info but prior to hitting submit you change the payment to GC. The discount remains after changing things over.

Thanks for the tip! I was planning to buy Disney gc's this week anyway and now I know where I'm going to go to purchase them!

Last edited:

hi, a quick question from someone new to gift cards. I don't live in the US. Can I buy an online target gift card and then use it to be an online disney gift card (the next day or later)? Or do i need to do anything physically in the US? thanks

hi, a quick question from someone new to gift cards. I don't live in the US. Can I buy an online target gift card and then use it to be an online disney gift card (the next day or later)? Or do i need to do anything physically in the US? thanks

As long as you can receive the Disney gift card by mail, you can do everything else online. But the Disney would have to be shipped to you.

I just saw on Totally Targets Facebook that this Sunday only, all Target Cards are going to be 10% off in store and online. That could add up to some great savings if you bought them and then flipped them into Disney Cards.

Thanks for posting this! :wizard:

I got my gift card at Target yesterday - $150. Hoping I can use it to purchase three $50 Disney gift cards there later today.

Go see if your cards are active. Mine were all active first thing this morning and I already got my Disney GC

Nice! I had heard they wouldn't be active until 10am. Hoping I can purchase them in the store using my Target gift card. Too late to have them mailed since I'm leaving on Christmas Eve.

So I did what you guys say about entering the gift card at the end of the transaction but i removes my 5% discount. any tips?

So I did what you guys say about entering the gift card at the end of the transaction but i removes my 5% discount. any tips?
You have to keep your CC info selected and then click below the total on the right where it says "Pay with a Target Gift Card" and click "apply" after you've entered it. If you just change from CC to GC on the left or just enter the GC without applying it (but not deselecting the CC) then the discount won't work or the GC won't work respectively.

Yep! I did all that. My cc is at default. Both gift card and credit card are checked. I hit apply gift card but when i say continue on the next screen it says the regular amount. Bummer...Thanks ladies for helping me out.

Yep! I did all that. My cc is at default. Both gift card and credit card are checked. I hit apply gift card but when i say continue on the next screen it says the regular amount. Bummer...Thanks ladies for helping me out.
This should work if you are using a computer and not a mobile device.

Don't check the gift card option when you first arrive at the billing page. Check the credit card option and then click save & continue. This will take you to the "review & place order" page. The 5% REDCard discount should still be there. Now, look below your total. Underneath the red save and continue" button, there should be an option to "pay with a Target gift card" written in blue. Click on it and it will take you back to the billing screen where you can now check off the gift card option for payment. The 5% REDCard discount should remain.

Did anyone use a target gift card to buy a discounted target gift card in store?
I did. However, I had other items in addition to the GC. The full amount was covered by the Target GC that I used for payment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter