Awesome phone call from guest relations: Mama Melrose refurb

MinnieMSue

DIS Veteran
got a return phone call today after emailing guest relations yesterday about Mama Melrose 4 week refurb starting Sept 12. First he asked me how I heard about it - he was amazed because they didn't know about it yet. I told him my sources. He did he tried to call the restaurant but they didn't answer the phone so he called Hollywood Studios and someone ran from guest relations there to the restaurant to find out the details. They will have a limited menu (no flatbreads) but a pretty good variety of the food. They have not put the menu out yet. He said that when they do if we don't like it and cannot find another Fantasmic meal we like to call him back and he will put Fantasmic fast passes on our bands. I know that they are usually available as a 4th fast pass but we will be in the park after a morning AK and our last fast pass is at 5:15. If I have to cancel the meal we have Landry's card so a lunch at AK is an easy choice since we don't have to make an ADR with the card. I just thought it was very nice everything he did before calling me back.

got a return phone call today after emailing guest relations yesterday about Mama Melrose 4 week refurb starting Sept 12. First he asked me how I heard about it - he was amazed because they didn't know about it yet. I told him my sources. He did he tried to call the restaurant but they didn't answer the phone so he called Hollywood Studios and someone ran from guest relations there to the restaurant to find out the details. They will have a limited menu (no flatbreads) but a pretty good variety of the food. They have not put the menu out yet. He said that when they do if we don't like it and cannot find another Fantasmic meal we like to call him back and he will put Fantasmic fast passes on our bands. I know that they are usually available as a 4th fast pass but we will be in the park after a morning AK and our last fast pass is at 5:15. If I have to cancel the meal we have Landry's card so a lunch at AK is an easy choice since we don't have to make an ADR with the card. I just thought it was very nice everything he did before calling me back.
I'm confused.:confused3 We have an ADR for Sept 15. Is the restaurant still opened or will it be closed? Limited menu and good variety of food did they say exactly what that means? Usually during a refurb the restaurant is closed.

I'm confused.:confused3 We have an ADR for Sept 15. Is the restaurant still opened or will it be closed? Limited menu and good variety of food did they say exactly what that means? Usually during a refurb the restaurant is closed.

It has been reported that part of the kitchen is being refurbished. So the resturant is open but unable to offer flatbreads.

Interesting. We also have a reservation there the 15th. Should we find something else? Is it going to be torn up in there?

Interesting. We also have a reservation there the 15th. Should we find something else? Is it going to be torn up in there?

I'm also concerned. I have an ADR there on Sept 28. I emailed WDW with my concerns (hopefully, I'm worried for nothing):

1) I really don't want to be dining in a construction zone haha
2) The limited menu scares me as I can't have gluten and I don't want to be stuck eating salad
3) We are a party of 14 so finding a new reservation will be tough... plus, I don't want to lose my Fantasmic tickets :(

I am going to be watching closely to see what kind of menu they come up with. We were not interested in flatbreads anyway, but I wanted the steak (and to make sure we can get our money worth out of Fantasmic meal cost). Daughter is pretty picky too so I need to make sure they have something she likes. Just not sure where they will post the temporary menu. I am happy that in my personal situation we have a decent backup plan. Hope it works out for everyone else. Hopefully if anyone sees the temporary menu they post it on the boards.

Does this mean that in September there is not a place to get pizza at HS? My son, who is gluten free and has autism, is so disappointed that Pizza Planet is closed, but I told him he could still have pizza. They would get the gluten free crusts from MM when we were there our last 2 visits, so I thought it was a safe promise. The new muppets pizza place doesn't open until at least October or later, I believe.

Ugh....good to know. Gotta rethink this one. 3/5 of us eat the flatbreads there at lunch. We'll be there on the 26th.

As long as I can get their fish dish I'll be happy. We do love to split a flatbread as an appetizer though.

It does sound like the refurb. Like PP said, based on the fact that they are taking out flatbreads and knowing where they prepare and cook them, I can picture in my mind what they'll be doing and it doesn't seem as though it would be an issue to dine there.

I reached out to my TA as well as the dining line and was told that there is no refurb going on.

Just pulled up online menu from Disney's site and looks like they only removed flatbreads (from the quick look I took). That makes me happy as he entrees we wanted are still there.

Does this mean that in September there is not a place to get pizza at HS? My son, who is gluten free and has autism, is so disappointed that Pizza Planet is closed, but I told him he could still have pizza. They would get the gluten free crusts from MM when we were there our last 2 visits, so I thought it was a safe promise. The new muppets pizza place doesn't open until at least October or later, I believe.
I would post this separately as a question here, this is going to get buried in this thread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter