AVENTURA HOTEL INFO.......

I also wasn’t that impressed with Bar 17. Although the views from it are nice, I thought the food and drinks weren’t great. I’d rather walk over to Sapphire Falls for Strong Water Tavern.
Yeah - its one of the biggest disappointments at Universal. There is so much potential here and its just wasted. I found the staff to be part of the problem they are just there and not very engaging. This may be the worst bar in Universal.
The lobby bar is usually much better - when its open - I guess they have staffing issues.

Much better to walk across the parking lot to Strong Water - always good there.

The pool is not great - I also recommend going over to SF - its a very nice setup and very nice pool bar

Yeah - its one of the biggest disappointments at Universal. There is so much potential here and its just wasted. I found the staff to be part of the problem they are just there and not very engaging. This may be the worst bar in Universal.
The lobby bar is usually much better - when its open - I guess they have staffing issues.

Much better to walk across the parking lot to Strong Water - always good there.

The pool is not great - I also recommend going over to SF - its a very nice setup and very nice pool bar
Agreed on all those points. The food was just ok...but it took almost 45 minutes to get an order of chicken wings when almost the whole bar was empty. Good view, fun for just drinks...but thats about it.

I have always seen the US parks as a step down from the Disney crowd. I cant quite explain it , its probably some bias I am sure, but the guest seem younger, not as family oriented.

As a result, you sometimes get guests who are not used to common ettiequte and manners.

Its not all that much cheaper, but sometimes the guests seem more budget guests….not trying to offend, its just a feeling about the parks….

Similar to how some local amusement parks feel….like 6 flags.

Disney has changed a bit in this way recently also. More fights, and line cutting , something that was unheard of years ago.

I guess all of society is slipping into a more “low brow” mode….

Just finished a stay and it was … fine. When I checked in they put me in literally the worst room in the place, 3rd floor with view of only a rooftop and HVAC units backing to the elevator. Nope, I waited and got a much better room. The complimentary room wifi was unusable, even though I wasted 20 minutes with offshore tech support. I eventually upgraded to the “premier” wifi and asked them to comp the charges, which they did. I also had “dinner” one night at the stir fry bar and it was one of the worst meals I’ve ever had. The pool is meh. On the other hand Volcano Bay access is terrific, the rooms are clean and new, views are great if you don’t get assigned a terrible room, and IMO staying there and using the Sapphire Falls ferry and pool and restaurants is really the best value in Universal. Walking to the ferry from my room at Aventura was no further than the last time I stayed at SF. My friends were at Cabana Bay and I think they enjoyed their hotel time more, overall, even though they bussed to the parks.

First timer august trip coming up:

If I have a deluxe queen room, can I officially have 5 guests?

Unofficially, can I bring an air mattress? We are upgrading to premier passes when we get there so would I not need the 5th hotel pass/card for early entry? What about pool hopping?

Booking for a week but the 3 kids will only be with us for 3 nights so don't want to pay for kids suite.

Unofficially, can I bring an air mattress? We are upgrading to premier passes when we get there so would I not need the 5th hotel pass/card for early entry? What about pool hopping?

Booking for a week but the 3 kids will only be with us for 3 nights so don't want to pay for kids suite.
Maximum occupancy for the deluxe 2 queen room is 4.

I just checked out of the standard room at Sapphire Falls and they must have accommodations for adding a rollaway bed in rooms because one was parked outside our room . I would call front desk to ask .

Last edited:
How far is the walk from Aventura to Royal Pacific? I'm planning on booking a kid room at Aventura and an extra room at RP a couple nights for express passes, just trying to plan out how we get between the hotels for check in

How far is the walk from Aventura to Royal Pacific? I'm planning on booking a kid room at Aventura and an extra room at RP a couple nights for express passes, just trying to plan out how we get between the hotels for check in
It’s not far at all… about a 10 minute walk to the check-in desk. Here’s a map pic where the green circle represents the check in area of RP. The map makes it look like a far walk but it’s very doable. We cut through RP often to get to the parks from Aventura. IMG_9874.jpeg

Do you go through the convention center? I tried that yesterday and it seemed sooo long. Through the Sapphire Falls to the garden walk seems shorter.

It’s not far at all… about a 10 minute walk to the check-in desk. Here’s a map pic where the green circle represents the check in area of RP. The map makes it look like a far walk but it’s very doable. We cut through RP often to get to the parks from Aventura. View attachment 762035

Do you go through the convention center? I tried that yesterday and it seemed sooo long. Through the Sapphire Falls to the garden walk seems shorter.

It’s not far at all… about a 10 minute walk to the check-in desk. Here’s a map pic where the green circle represents the check in area of RP. The map makes it look like a far walk but it’s very doable. We cut through RP often to get to the parks from Aventura. View attachment 762035
When we want air conditioning or coverage from rain, we always go through the convention center. Sometimes we take this route regardless because we enjoy it. Other times we cross the little road near the convention center which seems more direct. We’ve gone different ways.

@chazas Here’s what I mean by crossing the little road (see yellow drawn route that will take you to the park).
IMG_9874.jpeg

Last edited:
I have always seen the US parks as a step down from the Disney crowd. I cant quite explain it , its probably some bias I am sure, but the guest seem younger, not as family oriented.

As a result, you sometimes get guests who are not used to common ettiequte and manners.

Its not all that much cheaper, but sometimes the guests seem more budget guests….not trying to offend, its just a feeling about the parks….

Similar to how some local amusement parks feel….like 6 flags.

Disney has changed a bit in this way recently also. More fights, and line cutting , something that was unheard of years ago.

I guess all of society is slipping into a more “low brow” mode….
Really? I find the opposite. I’ve witnessed awful guest behaviour at wdw including a knock down drag out fight in Test Track between 2 women in that room you go into after the doors open in the design studio. Families fighting in Fantasy Land….people using strollers as battering rams, continual line cutters…..Universal seems much calmer and a step up to me. Much better mannered guests.

We are are Aventura's right now, so feel feel to ask any questions. This is why we like Aventura
More adult orientated- not a lot of kids.
Easy walk to Sapphire falls for the water taxi. -about 5 minutes.
Easy access to Volcano Bay, -gate by the pools hot tub- you are right by the walking path entry and security.- about 2 minute
Right outside this gate is where the buses drop off for all the other hotels. We jumped on the bus to dockside surf side walked through their parking garage and went to Epic liquors to stock up on liquor Walgreens is a short walk down the street, . Got back on the bus to Volcano Bay at Dockside and was back at the hotel in 10 minutes.
Good food court. They have the mug for 20.00 for length of stay at hotel. can refill every 2-3 minutes.
They have public toaster and microwaves.
You can get a pool pass for Sapphire Falls to enjoy their pool- 5 minute walk.
Try the breakfast buffet at Hard Rock hotel for 29.99 for adults. Well worth the price.
Great info. I never thought of using Volcano Bay bus loop to get to off site stores! Brilliant!

Pool hopping is allowed, Sapphire Falls next door has a great pool and across the street Cabana Bay has a lazy river.
We‘ll be at Aventura a few days in Aug in a deluxe queen room too, although it’s just my adult daughter & I! The rooms look really cool. Then going to Royal Pacific, split stay.
I don’t understand why you can’t have 5 in the deluxe room at Aventura. Doesn’t make sense. Room at Royal Pacific allows 5 (for a charge) and room is smaller. I’d phone direct line to Aventura.

Pool hopping is allowed, Sapphire Falls next door has a great pool and across the street Cabana Bay has a lazy river.
We‘ll be at Aventura a few days in Aug in a deluxe queen room too, although it’s just my adult daughter & I! The rooms look really cool. Then going to Royal Pacific, split stay.
I don’t understand why you can’t have 5 in the deluxe room at Aventura. Doesn’t make sense. Room at Royal Pacific allows 5 (for a charge) and room is smaller. I’d phone direct line to Aventura.
My wife and I had a Aventura Deluxe Room the week after last Thanksgiving, and really liked. The “wall of windows” is really cool, and we had a view of Cabana Bay and Volcano Bay, with the fireworks of Epcot and Magic Kingdom in the far distance which we partially watched a couple of times. As for why they don’t allow 5 guests, although the Deluxe Rooms have a lot of floor space, the shape is mostly long and thin and curved, so there might not be a good space to put a cot or floor mat in the room without seriously hindering walking space to the door, or the sink and bathroom area.

My wife and I had a Aventura Deluxe Room the week after last Thanksgiving, and really liked. The “wall of windows” is really cool, and we had a view of Cabana Bay and Volcano Bay, with the fireworks of Epcot and Magic Kingdom in the far distance which we partially watched a couple of times. As for why they don’t allow 5 guests, although the Deluxe Rooms have a lot of floor space, the shape is mostly long and thin and curved, so there might not be a good space to put a cot or floor mat in the room without seriously hindering walking space to the door, or the sink and bathroom area.
Our first 5 days are at Aventura. Never stayed there before. That wall of windows was what sold me, and a little more privacy with the bed layout. Last year we did a split with Sapphire Falls and Portofino. Loved Sapphire. But we can still walk over to enjoy their pool.
Did you go upstairs to the bar? People are giving it bad reviews. Disappointing.

Our first 5 days are at Aventura. Never stayed there before. That wall of windows was what sold me, and a little more privacy with the bed layout. Last year we did a split with Sapphire Falls and Portofino. Loved Sapphire. But we can still walk over to enjoy their pool.
Did you go upstairs to the bar? People are giving it bad reviews. Disappointing.
Yes. My wife and I weren’t impressed with Bar 17. The potential is there though. One of the problems is at night, the windows reflect the bar and its lights, which hinders visibility through the windows. Plus I wasn’t impressed with the drinks or food. I would encourage everyone to at least try it as we all have different tastes. Next time, I’ll probably try sitting directly at the bar and see if the interaction with the bartenders improves the experience.

As an alternative, I encourage people to go next door to Sapphire Falls for Strong Water Tavern, my favorite hotel bar on Universal property. I enjoy both the food and drink there. If the weather is nice, be sure to sit outside on the deck.

Also, it’s one of the few hotels that I suggest buying the length of stay FreeStyle cups. It wasn’t much of a problem to travel between your hotel room and the FreeStyle machines in the cafeteria. I’d run down each morning, fill our cups, and return back to the room before heading out to the parks. I’d do it again in the evening, after returning from the parks.

Yes. My wife and I weren’t impressed with Bar 17. The potential is there though. One of the problems is at night, the windows reflect the bar and its lights, which hinders visibility through the windows. Plus I wasn’t impressed with the drinks or food. I would encourage everyone to at least try it as we all have different tastes. Next time, I’ll probably try sitting directly at the bar and see if the interaction with the bartenders improves the experience.

As an alternative, I encourage people to go next door to Sapphire Falls for Strong Water Tavern, my favorite hotel bar on Universal property. I enjoy both the food and drink there. If the weather is nice, be sure to sit outside on the deck.

Also, it’s one of the few hotels that I suggest buying the length of stay FreeStyle cups. It wasn’t much of a problem to travel between your hotel room and the FreeStyle machines in the cafeteria. I’d run down each morning, fill our cups, and return back to the room before heading out to the parks. I’d do it again in the evening, after returning from the parks.
So disappointing about the Bar 17. So many negative reviews. I may have to try Strong Water. We stayed a few days at Sapphire last Aug and never went!
It’s too bad you can’t use the Freestyle mugs from the parks! I like the vitamin water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter