• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

bweagle

DIS Veteran
If Pandora opens the last week of May as many are speculating, when would Disney release FP's for the attractions in that area? We will be there during the potential opening dates so I'm just curious.

If Pandora opens the last week of May as many are speculating, when would Disney release FP's for the attractions in that area? We will be there during the potential opening dates so I'm just curious.
Frozen Ever After released FP+ reservations a few weeks out from official opening. I would expect that would be the earliest to see Pandora FP+ reservations, more likely it would be closer than that.

So I should go ahead and book different FP's when my window opens up and then change them when (if) Pandora becomes available?

So I should go ahead and book different FP's when my window opens up and then change them when (if) Pandora becomes available?

Yes, this is what I would do.

This is likely what I'm going to have to do. Our trip starts June 30th and the odds are that when my 60 day FP window opens they still won't be available yet. I'm really curious how they will tier everything once this all starts. Actually curious isn't quite it - more like dreading what the planning impacts will be... We will be there 8 nights on this trip. As of right now I am planning a minimum of 2 evenings and 1 EMH morning at AK. Also trying to keep up on whether or not there will be any dining packages available for RoL. So far I booked 1 evening meal at Yak & Yeti. But of course for now they only show park hours to 7:00. We know that will change too... I'm already stressing over missing booking windows for things...

That is what we are doing too. I'd hate to miss out on the chance of a what if.

Does anyone recall if the date Frozen FP's were being released was announced- or did they just show up?

That would be unfortunate...and I'm not sure necessary.

Ak is not currently tiered and it seems odd to start there.

Why do you think that?

I am still thinking they don't tier.

Because it will then be just like Epcot or HS. Everyone will want to do the 2 new things in Pandora and if they don't tier them & split them up there won't be enough to go around for everyone. Whey do you think they tiered EP like they did when they opened FEA? They will not let us do EVERYTHING we want. They just won't.

Because it will then be just like Epcot or HS. Everyone will want to do the 2 new things in Pandora and if they don't tier them & split them up there won't be enough to go around for everyone. Whey do you think they tiered EP like they did when they opened FEA? They will not let us do EVERYTHING we want. They just won't.
MK doesn't have tiers. Everyone wants to do the mountains and mine train.

Epcot was tiered from the start. There was no chance when Frozen was added.

I don't think they will change it now and tier it.

MK doesn't have tiers. Everyone wants to do the mountains and mine train.

Epcot was tiered from the start. There was no chance when Frozen was added.

I don't think they will change it now and tier it.

But MK has a lot more stuff to do. There is no need to tier. AK still won't have a lot of stuff to do. I guess we'll see in a few months. But I will be VERY SURPRISED if they let me do the 2 new things in Pandora AND EE.

Tiering isn't mystical...it's put in place where they simply don't have enough quality to handle the aggregate crowds at the park per anum...

Ak doesn't have a large enough crowd or few enough rides or shows to warrant it.

They will likely play it safe and not release any until they are 100% certain it's a go. This won't care if it's down to 60 days or not.

Frozen barely worked for the first 3 months it was "open"...I'm sure the fastpasses were a nightmare for them behind the scenes

But MK has a lot more stuff to do. There is no need to tier. AK still won't have a lot of stuff to do. I guess we'll see in a few months. But I will be VERY SURPRISED if they let me do the 2 new things in Pandora AND EE.
I disagree. I do think AK has a lot to do even now. Sure MK has more but AK is much more than rides.

Tiering isn't mystical...it's put in place where they simply don't have enough quality to handle the aggregate crowds at the park per anum...

Ak doesn't have a large enough crowd or few enough rides or shows to warrant it.
But will it when Avatar opens? I'd imagine they'd see at least a slight bump in attendance and if the land is as good as it's been said to be we could be looking at a large attendance bump.

Frozen barely worked for the first 3 months it was "open"...I'm sure the fastpasses were a nightmare for them behind the scenes

That's certainly a downside of FP+. With legacy they stopped issuing more FPs any time a ride was down. So when it came back up, there wasn't as overwhelming of a backlog.

But will it when Avatar opens? I'd imagine they'd see at least a slight bump in attendance and if the land is as good as it's been said to be we could be looking at a large attendance bump.

I don't think there's anyway to really gauge what the effect will be.

I doubt the inherent love for both animal kingdom and avatar that would have to be "out there" and untapped.

I wouldn't be surprised if there attendance figures go up at AK and down at MK the year after...and honestly I wouldn't be surprised if that had already been determined no matter what.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter