Avatar: Flight of Passage Strategy

Daryl

DIS Veteran
IMG_4531.JPG IMG_4536.JPG IMG_4534.JPG Rode this attraction yesterday. Amazing. We are staying on property so we were able To take advantage of extra magic hours at the Animal Kingdom. We used a smartphone to book a LYFT at 6:35 AM and arrived at the turnstiles at 6:55 AM. There were about 3 families in front of us on our line. Resort guests line up on the left and that's where you want to be. They let us in at approximately 7:35AM. There's Quite a bit of unessary running. We walked at a good pace and were in the atraction at 7:40. We were done at 8:AM and on our way to Navi River. Very short wait for that. Enjoyed the rest of the park for the morning and headed back to our resort for a nap at about 11:30:-)

Last edited:
View attachment 265460 View attachment 265458 View attachment 265459 [GALLERY=][/GALLERY]Rode this attraction yesterday. Amazing. We are staying on property so we were able To take advantage of extra magic hours at the Animal Kingdom. We used a smartphone to book a LYFT at 6:35 AM and arrived at the turnstiles at 6:55 AM. There were about 3 families in front of us on our line. Resort guests line up on the left and that's where you want to be. They let us in at approximately 7:35AM. There's Quite a bit of unessary running. We walked at a good pace and were in the atraction at 7:40. We were done at 8:AM and on our way to Navi River. Very short wait for that. Enjoyed the rest of the park for the morning and headed back to our resort for a nap at about 11:30:-)
Thanks so much for posting. We have been unable to get FP for our impromptu September trip and have been searching for best plan for EMH morning at AK. I had thought Lyft or Uber would be the best plan and you confirmed this. Thanks again.

Thanks so much for posting. We have been unable to get FP for our impromptu September trip and have been searching for best plan for EMH morning at AK. I had thought Lyft or Uber would be the best plan and you confirmed this. Thanks again.
You're welcome, the key is vacationing with great folks that are willing to get up that early on vacation :-) have a wonderful time!

My crew didn't do early mornings. But just rode FoP at park close (entering the queue at 9:26pm) with just a 45 min wait.

I like early mornings myself lol :) I even enjoy the adrenaline rush of the mad dash to the ride at rope drop! I walked on to FoP easily by being up bright and early.

Wonderful! When we stayed on site we always took advantage of morning Magic Hour. And like you back a the resort for a midday break and usually a nap. FoP and Navi River are easy to accomplish if you are willing to be an early riser.

I will be in the parks this weekend for a quick three day trip to Orlando (one of those days will be a Universal for Harry Potter stuff and the new Jimmy Fallon and King Kong ride). Flight of Passage is the only major ride I want to get on this trip and others like Tower of Terror I managed to get a fast pass for. Unfortunately, I am not staying on disney property but instead a hotel right out side of disney that provides shuttles to the parks. So EMH seems to be for those staying on disney property, I think I am just going to do the evening route ( close to closing time) which going from some reports I read on here, Youtube and other disney forums seems to be a good bet.

I will be in the parks this weekend for a quick three day trip to Orlando (one of those days will be a Universal for Harry Potter stuff and the new Jimmy Fallon and King Kong ride). Flight of Passage is the only major ride I want to get on this trip and others like Tower of Terror I managed to get a fast pass for. Unfortunately, I am not staying on disney property but instead a hotel right out side of disney that provides shuttles to the parks. So EMH seems to be for those staying on disney property, I think I am just going to do the evening route ( close to closing time) which going from some reports I read on here, Youtube and other disney forums seems to be a good bet.
EMH is not every day. On any day without EMH you can show up an hour early and will have the same chance to walk right on the ride as resort guests.

EMH is not every day. On any day without EMH you can show up an hour early and will have the same chance to walk right on the ride as resort guests.
I think the chances are a little bit better for resort guests during EMH mornings. During that hour only other resort guests can ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter