Avatar experience coming to Disneyland

I wasn't agreeing, and you may have missed my point. You appear to measure their excitement by t-shirt sales and Funko Pops and message board activity. Disney measures it by BO sales. Avatar 1 sold more than anything ever. Avatar 2 more than anything but Endgame and Avatar. And Marvel hasn't come remotely close to Endgame since. The fact that Avatar 1 and Avatar 2 made consistent amounts of money 13 years apart further confirms their measure of "excitement."

Disney must see it that way also, because they are moving ahead with Avatar in DL, instead of Frozen or Encanto or more Star Wars or more Marvel.
I didn't think you were agreeing and I definitely didn't miss your point. I simply pointed out that you aren't successfully making the point you think you're making. You still aren't.

Box office is one metric to measure how successful a film is. It's not the only one - no matter how high-handedly you insist it is - and it sure as heck isn't the only one that matters to Disney. How many $220 lightsabers do you think they sell a day?

You (like all of us) have no idea what Avatar experience they are going ahead with. Talk is cheap. It could be a walk through water exhibit in 2028. And you also don't know that they aren't doing Frozen, Encanto, more Star Wars, or more Marvel.

Last edited:
I need to get back to WDW again because I keep seeing people talk about how beautiful the Avatar Land was there. I guess I didn't look around or take it in a enough because it was only in January and I've already forgotten it. I just remembering being "meh" about it while we were there.
It is meh! It has a cool huge tree and some glowy stuff.

Universal's HP lands changed everything and now the parks seem to think they need to create everything new in an immersive land. But I just don't know that people want/need to be transported to other worlds the way they did with HP. I don't need to feel like I'm at Marvel's headquarters - I'd rather have more than one ride. Star Wars is fun and the Millennium Falcon is cool, but really it's a lot of walking where I'm thinking, "They couldn't put in another ride?"

It is meh! It has a cool huge tree and some glowy stuff.

Universal's HP lands changed everything and now the parks seem to think they need to create everything new in an immersive land. But I just don't know that people want/need to be transported to other worlds the way they did with HP. I don't need to feel like I'm at Marvel's headquarters - I'd rather have more than one ride. Star Wars is fun and the Millennium Falcon is cool, but really it's a lot of walking where I'm thinking, "They couldn't put in another ride?"

I agree with this. I think I'm spoiled by other sections of the park that have a lot of attractions in smaller areas because when I go into a fairly large "land" like Galaxy's Edge...it's kind of a bummer that there aren't more attractions.

I agree with this. I think I'm spoiled by other sections of the park that have a lot of attractions in smaller areas because when I go into a fairly large "land" like Galaxy's Edge...it's kind of a bummer that there aren't more attractions.
Sure, but the type of ride matters. You can't really compare RotR to Mr Toad's.

Do we really want 5 Mr Toad's instead of an E- ticket?

I am surprised that there isn't a B attraction at Galaxy's Edge like BrianL mentioned. Maybe they can make one on that section of containers by MF:SR, I don't think that has been used as part of the line in a while.

I am surprised that there isn't a B attraction at Galaxy's Edge like BrianL mentioned. Maybe they can make one on that section of containers by MF:SR, I don't think that has been used as part of the line in a while.

I mean....most people probably don't want that...but I actually would. 🤣 The Fantasyland rides are pretty much my favorites and I missed a lot of them when I was at WDW this year.

But, I know I'm in the minority here. So an E-ticket with some less exciting rides mixed it would be ideal.

I think each land needs more than 2 actual rides. For example, the map listing lightsaber building as an attraction is ridiculous.

Last edited:
Let's hope Universal doesn't make box office their metric for building new things, because I do NOT want to ride the Oppenheimer ride.
:rotfl2:
C'mon, be honest, haven't you always wanted to experience an A-bomb explosion up close? Well, I mean, as long as it's a simulated A-bomb explosion...

:rotfl2:
C'mon, be honest, haven't you always wanted to experience an A-bomb explosion up close? Well, I mean, as long as it's a simulated A-bomb explosion...

As someone who was a small child in the 80s and they had us living in constant fear of Russia dropping a bomb on us... nope, definitely not! Already had those nightmares!

Speak for yourself…I personally miss the Backdraft Ride.

Backdraft was FANTASTIC and I do miss it too. But, also it's based on a fictional Kurt Russell movie, not real life events, so a little more fun that way.

Also, y'all think I'm talking about the a-bomb being the ride. I was thinking more a dark ride through all those endless senate hearings.

As someone who was a small child in the 80s and they had us living in constant fear of Russia dropping a bomb on us... nope, definitely not! Already had those nightmares!

Backdraft was FANTASTIC and I do miss it too. But, also it's based on a fictional Kurt Russell movie, not real life events, so a little more fun that way.

Also, y'all think I'm talking about the a-bomb being the ride. I was thinking more a dark ride through all those endless senate hearings.

Christopher Nolan movies put me to sleep anyway. I can't even imagine how boring a ride based on one would be!

I was in that situation in the '50s and '60s, Lisa. Good point.

Hah! The Rami Malek scene would be lively, though!

Lol

I just think we should all wait and see with this

Disney clearly has nooooooo idea what Avatar at DLR looks like

Right? I think people are reading too much into this. An "experience" could be anything. I mean, a full Land is an experience, but an experience is not necessarliy a Land. It could be an attraction, low-end or E-Ticket, it could be a show...who knows?

Last edited:

I do, I do…I love love love the classic old non-thrill dark rides at Disneyland…I can ride those all day…but I’ll never ride FOP or TRON or any of those type rides - I don’t like coasters and all the 3D/surround type rides make me nauseous…I even have trouble with Remy (yeah, I’m a ride wimp and proud of it)..

I do, I do…I love love love the classic old non-thrill dark rides at Disneyland…I can ride those all day…but I’ll never ride FOP or TRON or any of those type rides - I don’t like coasters and all the 3D/surround type rides make me nauseous…I even have trouble with Remy (yeah, I’m a ride wimp and proud of it)..
That's fair. I'm a wimp for big coasters too, that's why I like Disney. I can ride everything there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter