Autograph pillowcases

ldhr2005

Mouseketeer
The kids are doing an autograph personalized pillowcase this trip (instead of the the same old autograph book, lol- how many can one kid have anway???). Pillow cases are made, going to buy an embroidery hoop for ease of signing.

Question is, Sharpie vs Fabric Markers. Thoughts???

We used Sharpies when we did that. I read somewhere, and I don't remember now, that fabric markers aren't allowed since they can stain the costumes. But Sharpies can't?! Maybe the pixie dust is good at getting stains out too. Anyway, all that to say you might just want to take both. If you use Shapies we had the best success with the pillowcases and autograph t-shirts if you throw it in the dryer before washing them to set the ink. Good luck and have fun!

We've done t-shirts and pillowcases .... used sharpies and never a problem. Costco has a set with MANY different colors!! YES, embroidery hoop is essential!!! HAVE FUN!! :cheer2:

We always take fabric markers and drop them with the pillowcase at Guest Service in a ziplock bag on day one. I usually take fun size bags of candy to drop with it. We used sharpies once and colors bled.

We always take fabric markers and drop them with the pillowcase at Guest Service in a ziplock bag on day one. I usually take fun size bags of candy to drop with it. We used sharpies once and colors bled.

NO disrespect, BUT ... isn't MORe than half the fun having the children actually MEET the characters that sign??!! :cloud9: :confused3 :cloud9: AND the photo ops that come along with it??!!

Please forgive me, this is all new to me. We are going to pillowcases for our kids and this is our first time. Why do we need to use a hoop? And can we put multiple cases in one bag for the characters to sign?

TIA,
Heather

We gave two pillowcases and fabric markers to guest services and they had the characters sign them. Turned out really cool!

We have too many of the books too. This time granddaughters are going to get their rain ponchos signed.

I can tell you this, my good friend Pluto LOVES when the pillow cases are in the hoops because then he and 2 other people don't have to work together to get it stretched out tight enough to sign. Also his and his friends signatures end up looking better when its set up in the hoop. Not that he and his friends wont sign it if its not in the hoop it just seems to work as a better system for both the guests and the characters. And like I said the signatures look better in the end because it is easier to maneuver.

Also Sharpies (other then green) are very easy to get out of the gangs fur. I don't know about fabric markers. Most of the time Pluto is given sharpies for fabric but to be honest he wouldn't know the difference between a generic marker and a fabric marker and would sign with either. But make sure its a sharp tip one as the kind of brush tips also tend to leave you with a funny autograph because they write different.

Wow, I didn't know you could drop them at guest services to get autographs. Kids have met them and got things signed. Now that they are older, it would be great to get a pillowcase signed without having to wait in lines! Who will sign it ?

I love this idea and had not heard about it! I can't wait to do this for our granddaughter. She may or may not be to excited about all the characters as she is still working out her Chuck E. Cheese/ Santa Claus issues so this would be a neat way to get her the autographs and warm her up a bit. She does have about a year and a half to get comfortable, so we will see.

I believe the poster referring to guest services is talking about on the cruise ships. In the parks if you don't have a hoop I find the results to be not so great.

I believe the poster referring to guest services is talking about on the cruise ships. In the parks if you don't have a hoop I find the results to be not so great.

So in the parks you have to meet the charters. just like always. and need a hoop. Think I will make some pillowcases for this trip. We have a book, from the last trip. Was also thinking about doing quilt squares and then making a memory quilt with some of our photos when we return.

Lynne
mom of 2

So in the parks you have to meet the charters. just like always. and need a hoop. Think I will make some pillowcases for this trip. We have a book, from the last trip. Was also thinking about doing quilt squares and then making a memory quilt with some of our photos when we return.

Lynne
mom of 2

autismmom said:

Lynne
mom of 2

Love this idea! Wonderful way to keep the memories of family, friends and fun at Mickey's house close by when you aren't there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter