Autograph Books....

tjknitz

DIS Veteran
Last trip we didn't do autograph books because the kids were really too small and they weren't into the characters. This next trip we are going when the kids are 7 and 5 so I wanted to do the autograph books (one more thing to carry around - I know, but I think the kids will love it).

Do you usually buy yours in the park, make your own or order them off of another website (like Etsy)?

We bought one for our two year old at Port Orleans French Quarter before we went to any parks. Each page had one side for the character to sign and then a place for the picture of the character with our two year old. The only problem was that we got over 30 autographs so we ran out of pages.

One of the things I will most remember from this trip was our two year old asking character to "sign book". She was very excited to get autographs.

We just buy the ones they have there. We do the ones where you can put a photo on one side and the autograph goes on the other. We try to remember to buy one at the resort gift shop before heading out to the parks, but if not, there are shopping carts or areas at the front of every park that have them. My DD is a character nut, so we usually wind up with more than one, as she usually totally fills up at least one. Just FYI- if you buy one of the pens there, keep your receipt. We have twice had the pen quit writing within a day or so- both times WDW or DL replaced it as we could show that it was bought within the past day or 2 and should not have run out of ink yet.

We bought one for our two year old at Port Orleans French Quarter before we went to any parks. Each page had one side for the character to sign and then a place for the picture of the character with our two year old. The only problem was that we got over 30 autographs so we ran out of pages.

This is something I'm planning to do with DS when we're there in October. :)

We actually did pillowcases this year. I bought a few off of Etsy embroidered with my kids' names. I bought fabric markers and some clipboards. I only carried them when we went to a character meal but they came out ADORABLE! I'm so excited about them!

I don't know if it was just a DL thing, or not... But DS 11 has one of those pens that looks like a little sword from the POtC gift shop, and he got tons of funny character reactions to that pen.

Question for the gloved characters do you hand them the click markers ready to use or have them click them on to sign?

Is there a good variety of autograph books in the park or all they all pretty much the same?

There are amazing designers here on the Disboards under Just for Fun- Creative designs. Tips for making, printing, and binding autograph books are in a sticky at the top of the page. These people do not charge for their designs and are spreading pixie dust to us here on the boards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter