Auto insurance covid rebates

pryncess527

DIS Veteran
USAA is refunding 20% of two months of premiums due to a drop in car accidents sibce covid

most states also allow you to move a car into storage for ultra low rates if you have a car you arent driving at all. You can also temporarily adjust your mileagefor savings in most cases.

i saw on Facebook that many carriers are giving rebates for the next few months. I have Progressive and I believe it’s 20% off for the next two months

Good advice, but I wanted to point out that if your vehicle is leased or if you’re still paying off your loan, you’ll need to consult with your financing company before making changes to your insurance, since most finance companies require specific coverage regardless of whether the car is being used or not.

Allstate is refunding 15% for April and May to all their auto insurance customers.

Got an email from GEICO yesterday. They are giving 15% off policy renewals between now and September.

USAA is refunding 20% of two months of premiums due to a drop in car accidents sibce covid

most states also allow you to move a car into storage for ultra low rates if you have a car you arent driving at all. You can also temporarily adjust your mileagefor savings in most cases.

In many states, not only do you have to move it into a legitimate storage facility, you also have to register it as PNO (Planned Non Operation), in order to get the break with insurance. You can't simply park it in your garage or street and say you aren't driving it.

We looked into this because my husband is overseas for a year, but it was more hassle than savings. I simply cut the annual mileage of his car down to 2500, from 25,000. Saved us a bunch on our monthly premiums. I drive it one week a month just to keep it running well.

In many states, not only do you have to move it into a legitimate storage facility, you also have to register it as PNO (Planned Non Operation), in order to get the break with insurance. You can't simply park it in your garage or street and say you aren't driving it.

We looked into this because my husband is overseas for a year, but it was more hassle than savings. I simply cut the annual mileage of his car down to 2500, from 25,000. Saved us a bunch on our monthly premiums. I drive it one week a month just to keep it running well.

USAA doesn't require the vehicle to be in a storage facility, only a secure location which can be a driveway, garage, back of your property. They just don't want it parked in a public parking lot on on the street. USAA doesn't offer storage savings in every state. A few states if you have an umbrella, you can't do the storage, depends if they have the new storage endorsement rolled out for that state. They also expect the vehicle to not be driven for 30-consecutive days adn they will not backdate coverage. For anyone who has USAA call and speak with an agent on options. :)

For a spouse overseas, they should have offered an alternate location status that also provides savings. I am sure you discussed options.

also got an email from friendly allstate agent advising of the discount. Message was well received - we endorse any and all discounts, rebates and refunds that apply.

Thanks for this. I just looked up Travelers and they have a 15% discount which appears to be applied to future bills or a direct payment if paid in full already.

USAA doesn't require the vehicle to be in a storage facility, only a secure location which can be a driveway, garage, back of your property. They just don't want it parked in a public parking lot on on the street. USAA doesn't offer storage savings in every state. A few states if you have an umbrella, you can't do the storage, depends if they have the new storage endorsement rolled out for that state. They also expect the vehicle to not be driven for 30-consecutive days adn they will not backdate coverage. For anyone who has USAA call and speak with an agent on options. :)

For a spouse overseas, they should have offered an alternate location status that also provides savings. I am sure you discussed options.

Storing a car for a year requires draining all the fluids and putting it up on blocks, neither of which we could accomplish while living where we do (we park his car on the street here). An actual vehicle storage facility wanted to charge us over $100/month, so we just kept it here and I drive it every once in awhile.

A quick search tells me State Farm is giving rebates equal to around 25% of premiums.

farmers is doing 25% for the month of april at this point. i pay mine biannually so i checked with my agent-it will be applied as a credit to the next renewal.

I got an email from Geico stating a 15% credit on renewals from April 8 through Oct 7
Ours just renewed in March so in September I’ll be getting a nice discount. We’ve got 5 cars on our policy

State Farm said the average will be 25%. They owe me money anyway. Last year, I estimated my wife was going to drive 8,000 miles. About 3/4 of the way into the year they sent me a letter saying they were going to raise her rate because they estimate her mileage will be above 8,000. I went out to her odometer and estimated it out for the remaining 3 months. She was going to drive 8,052 miles. I sent an email back to the agent with a picture of her current odometer reading. I was actually quite impressed that I guessed her mileage so well. The response? Well, she is going over 8,000 miles...

Esurance is giving a credit on the next two months bills. I think it was 15% but didn't really pay much attention to it. I did the math at the time and it was about $6 for two months.

We are getting 20% from Progressive for April and May. The email does say “subject to approval by state regulators.”

This amazes me that it's so much- we have a car that drives 15 miles every other week. With the previous job it was around 90 miles/day and our insurance went down by a about 1% for that. So basically, if this lasts 2 months we will have driven 60 miles less and they are going to give us over $100 back. I'll take it, but the amount you actually pay per mile on a normal policy is amazingly low to begin with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter