Aunty's Beach House was a dissapointment

I agree Aunty's was a big let down after the kids club on DCL. They were at capacity 2 of the 4 times we tried to drop off. Also the staff always seemed overwhelmed and stressed not the typical happy kid adoring Disney cast members. Trying to think if I ever saw a cast member at Aunty's smile other than Aunty....
definitely room for improvement. Maybe they could expand the size of the club one day.

I am in the beginning stages of planning a trip. We would go over Thanksgiving. Would that be a terrible time as far as capacity issues? I have no clue on how quickly a lot of books up so I haven't even looked at availability. It doesn't really matter to me what year we go.
Our trip was just this Thanksgving(2016). The beginning of the week was definitely quieter, but by Wednesday it was packed. The weather was pleasant but extremely windy. I'm not sure of other times of the year, just sharing my experience. Good luck with your planning!

Yes, you do have to wait in line in the morning to sign them up for activities or lunch/ dinner. I was the morning person in my party. Having a specific activity guarantees a spot. Lunch also works that way. During our first days (from Feb 22nd) it was packed. The line started at 6.30am. But the kids enjoyed it so much, it was worth it. Nothing that could not be solved by a beach nap... we loved it.

For those who've been to Aulani and sailed DCL - setting aside the capacity issues, how does Aunty's compare to the Oceaneer Club/Lab in terms of activities and features?

I'm wondering how to set expectations for my 7-y.o. Just as good? Just as much to do? For example, I noticed in one of the Aulani videos, they appear to have their own version of Professor Make-o-Mess and Super-Sloppy Science. Is there a lot of other influence from the DCL kids clubs?

Last edited:
Yikes. We absolutely loved the Oceaneer's Club on DCL and thought that Aunty's would be on par with it. That's one of the main reasons we chose Aulani - now I'm worried about our upcoming mid December trip. I'm sure it'll be almost at capacity and waking up prior to 6 just to get them a spot at Aunty's doesn't seem too appealing to me during a 'relaxing' vacation! :worried:

That's a bummer. We were there in early February and never had issues getting a spot. Only one rainy day did it get to capacity but the kids were already registered so they went in and stayed. They're 6 and 8 and absolutely loved it, and we loved sending them there. Maybe even more than the DCL clubs. They said they don't want to do another cruise and only want to go back to aulani, and the cost is about the same for us so hopefully we'll get back!

For those who've been to Aulani and sailed DCL - setting aside the capacity issues, how does Aunty's compare to the Oceaneer Club/Lab in terms of activities and features?

I'm wondering how to set expectations for my 7-y.o. Just as good? Just as much to do? For example, I noticed in one of the Aulani videos, they appear to have their own version of Professor Make-o-Mess and Super-Sloppy Science. Is there a lot of other influence from the DCL kids clubs?
It's not as themed as the dcl clubs but my kids never ran out of things to do. Movies, art, video games, and the registered activities- plus the bonus of the big backyard to run around in instead of being inside the whole time.

That's a bummer. We were there in early February and never had issues getting a spot. Only one rainy day did it get to capacity but the kids were already registered so they went in and stayed. They're 6 and 8 and absolutely loved it, and we loved sending them there. Maybe even more than the DCL clubs. They said they don't want to do another cruise and only want to go back to aulani, and the cost is about the same for us so hopefully we'll get back!
We were there this month and had no problems getting in. The premium activities were booked up, but there were cancellations and we got in. Our little ones also loved it there.

Well, here's hoping the first half of Feb. (next year) is not super-crowded. I do not relish the idea of getting up early on vacation to stand in line for the club.

Well, here's hoping the first half of Feb. (next year) is not super-crowded. I do not relish the idea of getting up early on vacation to stand in line for the club.
I didn't plan on doing it either, as I am the opposite of a morning person. However, I did wake up very early on days we were there and our room was very close by so I went over a couple mornings at 7 anyway since I'd heard that's when the line would start forming. This was feb 4-10 and I was always first in line and by the time they opened at 7:30, there were maybe 5-6 people there. So it was definitely not necessary for me to be there so early. I did get the kids signed up for a couple activities and meals so they were there for long stretches and being first in line was worth that.

I didn't plan on doing it either, as I am the opposite of a morning person. However, I did wake up very early on days we were there and our room was very close by so I went over a couple mornings at 7 anyway since I'd heard that's when the line would start forming. This was feb 4-10 and I was always first in line and by the time they opened at 7:30, there were maybe 5-6 people there. So it was definitely not necessary for me to be there so early. I did get the kids signed up for a couple activities and meals so they were there for long stretches and being first in line was worth that.

Awesome. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter