• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Aulani: What's the One Thing You Wish You Knew?

I wish that I would have known NOT to wait until the last show of our trip to watch the Starlit Hui. There was some lightening spotted right before showtime, so it was cancelled, so we didn't get to see it : (

this may have been covered before, but i wish i didn't bring so much clothes! i had packed one outfit per day for our 5-night stay there, but since we spent 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. in the water, we would only change out of our swimsuits for a few hours for dinner, then go back to our hotel room and jump into our PJs. good thing all our t-shirts and shorts didn't take much space in the luggage.

this may have been covered before, but i wish i didn't bring so much clothes! i had packed one outfit per day for our 5-night stay there, but since we spent 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. in the water, we would only change out of our swimsuits for a few hours for dinner, then go back to our hotel room and jump into our PJs. good thing all our t-shirts and shorts didn't take much space in the luggage.

I would definitely agree!
Most of the time, since we cooked most meals ourselves, we ate in our bathing suits! It was so wonderful to not have to worry about showering and getting ready for a fancy dinner. We used one night of outfits for the luau and one for the character meal and ama ama breakfast. other than that, we were in swimsuits and cover ups the whole time. Now THAT'S vacation!

One thing I wish I knew was that the lazy river closed SO early. My husband and I dropped our daughter off for surfs up and headed to the lazy river and it was closed. So bummed. Why have the lazy river lit up if it closes well before the sun goes down?

We did this on our last trip. We took 6 towels from the pool area to the North Shore & returned them to the towel bin that night.

Not sure how it works at Aulani, but many hotels I've been to in Hawaii, you can get towels from the bell desk for exactly this reason. When I get there on Monday, I'll be checking this out! (if I ever decide to leave the resort)

One thing I wish I knew was that the lazy river closed SO early. My husband and I dropped our daughter off for surfs up and headed to the lazy river and it was closed. So bummed. Why have the lazy river lit up if it closes well before the sun goes down?
What time does it close? We will be there in 11 days....

Not sure how it works at Aulani, but many hotels I've been to in Hawaii, you can get towels from the bell desk for exactly this reason. When I get there on Monday, I'll be checking this out! (if I ever decide to leave the resort)
Please report back. I don't want to have to pack towels, but I don't think I could take enough towels for our entire party without someone looking twice. However, if I know its allowed, then I won't pack towels and I won't have to worry!

I wish I had known how much I would love it and booked a 5th night!!! I also wish I hadn't waited until the last full day to try a shave ice :).

Although this is not Aulani-specific because we spent the start of the trip in Waikiki, I thought I'd throw it in anyway. I wish I'd bought some breakfast food on our first night. I knew I'd be up early (3 a.m. it ended up being!) but I didn't figure on waking up starving. None of the food vendors were opening for quite a while and I was pretty "hangry" by the time I got some breakfast in me:rotfl:.

Yes, Pools at 8 and lazy river at 6. I was looking forward to night swims but everything closed so early! I heard they stay open later during the summer.
I wonder when the summer season starts. We will be there on the 18th for a week, and most in our party want to spend the majority of the time in the lazy river!

I wish that I would have known NOT to wait until the last show of our trip to watch the Starlit Hui. There was some lightening spotted right before showtime, so it was cancelled, so we didn't get to see it : (
What nights does it run? We will be there June 8-15 and I haven't found a schedule. Thx!

I wonder when the summer season starts. We will be there on the 18th for a week, and most in our party want to spend the majority of the time in the lazy river!

don't underestimate that time difference though, esp. for those coming from the eastern time zone (6 hours). the early closing hours might work for you the first few nights!

for us it was only 3 hours but we were seriously jet lagged the first few days. was wide awake by 6 most mornings, and ready for bed by 9.

don't underestimate that time difference though, esp. for those coming from the eastern time zone (6 hours). the early closing hours might work for you the first few nights!

for us it was only 3 hours but we were seriously jet lagged the first few days. was wide awake by 6 most mornings, and ready for bed by 9.

We booked a sunrise photography session the first full day, so I'm actually counting on jet lag initially, lol!

just started reading this thread and love it. Thanks for all the tips and advice. We're booked for Aulani over Thanksgiving this year - big family trip 6nts in a GV. First timers to Hawaii so everything and anything we can learn is really appreciated.

Please report back. I don't want to have to pack towels, but I don't think I could take enough towels for our entire party without someone looking twice. However, if I know its allowed, then I won't pack towels and I won't have to worry!

Each day (or throughout the day) you will go pick up your wrist bracelet & can get towels for each person. I did take towels but they weren't needed, however it did help mark our chairs :beach:

Just want to thank everyone for the advice in this thread. I have been reading it on and off that past few days, and just finished up sitting here my room at the Hilton O'Hare Airport hotel for the flight to Hawaii tomorrow morning. 3 days to Aulani!

Just want to thank everyone for the advice in this thread. I have been reading it on and off that past few days, and just finished up sitting here my room at the Hilton O'Hare Airport hotel for the flight to Hawaii tomorrow morning. 3 days to Aulani!

Well that is awesome-Have a great time!

Each day (or throughout the day) you will go pick up your wrist bracelet & can get towels for each person. I did take towels but they weren't needed, however it did help mark our chairs :beach:

Many people would go and get towels the night before for the next morning. Just keep your wristband on all day and get to the window before they close. This was helpful if you were an early bird or didn't want to wait in line first thing in the morning when the window opened. You would still need to get the new color wristband for the next day once the morning line disappeared.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter