• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Aulani - toiletries, pool towels, general random questions :)

hkeller27

DIS Veteran
Aloha!

18 more days until we depart for Aulani. I am certain my brain has already left the mainland, I can't think about anything else!! We will be in a 1-bedroom villa for our 10th wedding anniversary.

A few random questions!!

1. What toiletries can we expect in the room? Are they the H2O line or something else? We actually quite like that line, and I'd love to cut down on packing by counting on using those items.

2. Pool towels - are they the same basic towels that you find at any of the other DVC resorts? We are debating bringing our own, but again, that packing issue!

3. Dishwasher detergent - while I'm not a huge fan of cooking on vacation, we're thinking we might do a few simple breakfasts in the room. Is there dishwasher detergent in the room, and how much?

4. Any other "must pack" items?

I've been reading up a TON on Aulani, but if you all have any other words of preparation wisdom I'd love to hear them!

Mahalo in advance ;)

As you have read, you will LOVE the resort. It's UHmazing!

1. The room has the H2O line, "Hawaiian Sea Salt". Shampoo, conditioner, body wash, lotion and face soap bar. I used them the entire time for myself.

2. Don't wast packing space on towels. Their pool towels work great, a bit thicker than room towels, and you can get as many as you need through out the day.

3. You will get one pack of dishwasher detergent, and a new one on cleaning or towel/trash service day (depends on your length of stay). Also, a small bottle of dish washing soap (which lasts). With the refills we had plenty for our 11 night stay to keep dishes clean (I ran dishwasher 3 times and I cooked EVERY day, two or three times a day).

4. Pack basket coffee filters if you plan to brew in your room. Last but not least, HAVE FUN!

If you're planning a spa treatment, (besides arriving early as recommended) also plan some time AFTER your treatment to get some EXTRA relaxation time! The spa is wonderful.:cloud9:

Aloha

Thanks, Monty!

I have no doubt it will be amazing. I don't know how I can possibly wait 18 more days, I feel like I am going to burst with excitement!!!

Which spa treatment did you do? I'm leaning towards the Honi Honi couples massage at the moment.

We had our boys so we did our massages separately (on different days). We each had the 50 min Signature Lomi Lomi with hot stones. Saved maybe $10 with DVC discount. We loved it! DH loved it so much he went back for seconds:goodvibes

I don't know if you've had a couples massage before. We've done it once before at a B&B and it was nice, but not something I feel we have to do together in the future. So, it is just as wonderful if you book single massages at the same time and enjoy the pre and post relaxation with your loved one. That's where we both missed each others company:thumbsup2

Make sure you check out the infinity hot tub for sunset. The view was quite amazing.

The water slides are great (the dark one is awesome).

If you have a car there is a Target / Costco / Grocery store about 10 minutes down the road.

Great questions hkeller27. Thanks for asking!!

Hmmm, you'll be there 18 days from 6/30? So does that make you arriving on 7/18??

We are arriving on 7/14. Can't wait!!!!!

What part of Jersey are you from? We are in SE PA!!

Aloha!!

There's a stingray experience that's does cost extra and does book up. When we were there in late June, there was no walk up availability and they will put your name on a list in case there are no shows. For the few times we put our name on the list, everyone showed up. It looked like fun so make reservations in advance if that's something you're interested in.

Awesome resort!

Great questions hkeller27. Thanks for asking!!

Hmmm, you'll be there 18 days from 6/30? So does that make you arriving on 7/18??

We are arriving on 7/14. Can't wait!!!!!

What part of Jersey are you from? We are in SE PA!!

Aloha!!

Hi, ckdipp!

We are northeast NJ, but I think by the end of the month I'll want my permanent address to be anywhere in HI!

Actually, we don't arrive at Aulani til 7/21, we're headed to Disneyland first on the 18th! So much excitement I can hardly handle it! Safe travels to you, and enjoy!!

Now the big decision we are discussing is Costco or Target. My hubby says either way, it's not what he planned to do upon arriving in paradise, lol!

We will be at Aulani 7/22 - 7/30. So looking forward to it! We are not DVC so we will be in the hotel rooms.

Appreciate the info on the towels and toiletries, that was exactly what I was looking for!

Hi, ckdipp!

We are northeast NJ, but I think by the end of the month I'll want my permanent address to be anywhere in HI!

Actually, we don't arrive at Aulani til 7/21, we're headed to Disneyland first on the 18th! So much excitement I can hardly handle it! Safe travels to you, and enjoy!!

Now the big decision we are discussing is Costco or Target. My hubby says either way, it's not what he planned to do upon arriving in paradise, lol!

Aww bummer, we will be leaving the day you arrive in Aulani. I know you'll have a blast on your Disneyland-Aulani journey! Enjoy!!!

BTW - I think we may be visiting the Safeway on our first day. :) I can relate to it not being what you want to do first day in paradise. I also know we'll be wiped out at the end of that first day, but we won't care!!! :cool1: Can't wait!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter