• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Aulani summer availability?

We had a reservation at Beach Club, our home resort, from June 29, 2012 through July 8, 2012 in a One-Bedroom Villa that we had booked at the 11 month mark. On November 28th, we called right at 9 am at our 7 month window to transfer into Aulani. We had no problem. We booked a 2 bedroom ocean view for seven nights. I called back each day for the next three days ending this morning to add three more nights to the same reservation and had no problem. So we ended up with 10 nights!

We are soooooooo excited!

Congrats!

But just curious... Does having a reservation at your home resort at the 11-month window give you a leg up on others that call right at 9 AM for another resort at the 7-month window?

Congrats!

But just curious... Does having a reservation at your home resort at the 11-month window give you a leg up on others that call right at 9 AM for another resort at the 7-month window?

No, it just gives you a place to stay/go if you can't get anything at 7 months out. And since you bought that home resort because you don't mind ever staying there.... (it's why you don't go for the cheapest one you can get).

What does walking up a reservation exactly mean??

Thanks, for the clarrification!!

If I understand it correctly,it is booking a seven night stay for dates prior to when you actually want to stay. Then each subsequent day , call ms and add on a day at the end of your booking, and take one away from the beginning. Lather, rinse, repeat, until you get the dates you actually want.
BUT, that is only based on what I read on this thread, so I could be totally wrong!

If I understand it correctly,it is booking a seven night stay for dates prior to when you actually want to stay. Then each subsequent day , call ms and add on a day at the end of your booking, and take one away from the beginning. Lather, rinse, repeat, until you get the dates you actually want.
BUT, that is only based on what I read on this thread, so I could be totally wrong!

You've got it.

Just booked 7/11 - 7/17 in a 2 bedroom OV lock off. Wanted a dedicated unit, but unavailable. Waitlisted for it though.......

Wow - congrats to all those who've booked successfully so far! 9 more days til we book - hoping for a 7/21 check-in for 7 nights. Once Aulani is squared away, we book the pre-Hawaii trip with our 3 nights at Disneyland!! Getting so excited!!!

Wow - congrats to all those who've booked successfully so far! 9 more days til we book - hoping for a 7/21 check-in for 7 nights. Once Aulani is squared away, we book the pre-Hawaii trip with our 3 nights at Disneyland!! Getting so excited!!!

We'll be at Disneyland for 5 nights prior to our Aulani stay..... Can't wait!!!!!

I'll be calling tomorrow morning at 9am for our 7 month window at shot to book 7/14 - 7/21. Trying for a 3BR or a 2BR OV. Fingers crossed!

We are going to Aulani at the end of March 2012, and booked 1 Oceanview 1-bedroom, and also booked a Studio for another family who is vacationing with us. FYI- as of today, we took the last studio that was available (it was an Island View).

The first week of June is so booked!
I am so lame...I own at Aulani and had a standard studio booked. Then I changed the dates and tried to change back to original dates of June 1-8. of course there is no 7 days consecutive in ANY studio or 1 bedroom level. Now we will be 4 nights in an OV studio and 3 nights in a PV 1 bedroom with 2 wait-lists. We shall see what happens.

I'll be calling tomorrow morning at 9am for our 7 month window at shot to book 7/14 - 7/21. Trying for a 3BR or a 2BR OV. Fingers crossed!

So yesterday I called to try to book a 3BR std view 7/14 - 7/21. They only had it from 7?15 - 7/21. I asked to book a 2BR for the first night and 3BR for the remainder, but was told I could not book the 3BR until the next day 12/15 (7 months in advance). So I booked the 2BR for the entire stay.

I called back this morning 12/15 at the stroke of 9am to switch the 7/15 - 7/21 dates to a 3 BR, it was available and the agent went to confirm it and it was taken!!! That fast!!!

So we are booked in a 2BR (dedicated) Ocean view and a Studio Ocean view for 7/14 - 7/21.

I can't wait to take our trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter