Aulani Car Rental

msbatchelor5

Mouseketeer
Hey All,
I have been trolling this website since I decided to book at Aulani for our 5th anniversary.
Of course, its in the middle of their "expansion" but we are going to make the most out of it.

Just wanted to say that we went from spending $350.00 for 3 (separate) day car rentals to $400 for a whole week (including parking, since we are not DVC and looks like CMs don't get a break on it either) by using discount hawaii car rental.com
It stinks to be paying for parking, but now with the expansion news we think we would like to be able to jump in a car and go see more then lounge now.

Just wanted to share this for all people, but especially those non DVC'ers that watch this board (since it's practically the ONLY ONE for Aulani anywhere).

Thanks for letting us read your info. It's been really helpful.
Still can't wait to go 10/26-11/2

:hippie:

I had a reservation with hawaiicarrentals, then I found a good rate with Thrifty. I used Thrifty corporate code HT14004118. A two week rental for $415.

the parking fee is $35 per day at Aulani for non-DVC member - so guest of members have to paid this fee

You may want to check the prices for Alamo. There is an Alamo rental car desk at Aulani. I only paid $35 a day for my car, which was cheaper than renting at the airport. Of course, then you need to pay to get from the airport to the resort. Since I only needed the car for 3 days, I didn't want to pay the extra to keep it for the whole week. I'm a DVC member, so I didn't have to pay the parking fee.

I had a reservation with hawaiicarrentals, then I found a good rate with Thrifty. I used Thrifty corporate code HT14004118. A two week rental for $415.

I just tried that code, and the rate was really good. Do you know if anyone is allowed to use it? Just wondering if they will be asking me for some special piece of ID or the like when I go to pick up the car. I don't have any experience with Thrifty...wonder if they are any good!

It came out to be $137.00 for the week. 10/26-11/01
Which is amazing.

Would be better if we didn't have to pay for parking, but alas...

For a Daily rental using Alamo from Aulani was $50 something and that was with using the Disney Cast Member discount.

The one I got from http://www.discounthawaiicarrental.com/ is pretty awesome.
I recommend it. I will let you all know how it goes after our trip.

:laundy:

Keep checkin back in on rates. The best rate I found was through Costco/Alamo and every time I checked back it would go down in price, so I would keep rebooking. Got it down to $150 for a week in a mid size SUV.

I just tried that code, and the rate was really good. Do you know if anyone is allowed to use it? Just wondering if they will be asking me for some special piece of ID or the like when I go to pick up the car. I don't have any experience with Thrifty...wonder if they are any good!

I picked the car up last Friday, and I wasn't asked for anything. I also used the same rate for car rental in Miami. I found the corporate on a hawaii car rental site.

I usually rent with Alamo, but the Thrifty rate was a $100 this. Once you exit the airport, there was a Thrifty van that took you to the cars. The driver was very friendly, he gave us some local food places to try.

Thanks so much for this! The code worked and I cancelled my original reservation with Thrifty ($311 for 6 days) and rebooked for $226 instead. :cool1:

Thanks for the info. Just changed from Enterprise using the code and saved $170 on an 8 day rental on a Mustang convertible!
:cool1:

Great info! We plan to use a rental in May.

You may want to check the prices for Alamo. There is an Alamo rental car desk at Aulani. I only paid $35 a day for my car, which was cheaper than renting at the airport. Of course, then you need to pay to get from the airport to the resort. Since I only needed the car for 3 days, I didn't want to pay the extra to keep it for the whole week. I'm a DVC member, so I didn't have to pay the parking fee.

My family of 13 will be staying at Aluani for a week at the end of May. What do you reccommend for transportation from the Honolulu Airport to Aluani for our large party of 13 (5 adults and 8 children)? Thanks!

My family of 13 will be staying at Aluani for a week at the end of May. What do you reccommend for transportation from the Honolulu Airport to Aluani for our large party of 13 (5 adults and 8 children)? Thanks!

It depends on how many off site excursions you are planning.... I would want to see the sites around the island and thus I would probably be looking into renting 2 mini vans.

I have a friend who took a big group like yours for a family trip, the 2 mini vans worked nicely for them... they could all go to the same place, or they could divide up and go to 2 different places depending on what people wanted to do.

If you just want to stay at the resort once you arrive and don't see yourselves doing any day trips then there are a few other options...

Here are the links to threads with great info:

airport transfer options that folks have used-
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3249940

Aulani airport transport options?
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3049214

Transportation to Aulani beside rental car?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3099897

Hope that helps! :thumbsup2

There are 13 of us going in July (different flights though). There is a shuttle service that will take you to and from Aulani/Airport for $35pp. If you call the Member Services line, they can make the reservation for you.
Most of my family has been to Oahu a lot (my sister and I used to live there together) so we are not planning a whole lot of time away from the resort. We have a day where family is visiting with us, a Pearl Harbor morning and one other day where we will rent a car and drive around the island stopping here and there. The rest of the time, we plan to take in the resort amenities.

The Aulani website shows a link to SpeediShuttle and Arthur's Limousine Reservations. https://speedishuttle.com/res?GROUPID=AULA44966

It appears to only work when flights are involved. We are arriving via cruise ship, has anyone called them regarding pickup or departure to and from Aulani and a cruise ship and the airport for only departure and gotten pricing?

The Aulani website shows a link to SpeediShuttle and Arthur's Limousine Reservations. https://speedishuttle.com/res?GROUPID=AULA44966

It appears to only work when flights are involved. We are arriving via cruise ship, has anyone called them regarding pickup or departure to and from Aulani and a cruise ship and the airport for only departure and gotten pricing?

If I were you, I would contact Speedishuttle directly. The Aloha Tower (which is where the cruise ships embark/disembark) is very close to the airport. I imagine they will be able to make some sort of accommodation for you.

THANKS for code on Thrifty...Saved $21 for my Minivan versus Budget!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Code. HT14004118...Did Thrifty ask for Corporate Card since this is a Corporate Code? HOPE NOT!

THANKS!:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter