August weather

2005michelle83

Mouseketeer
Hello!
We are finally coming over from the uk for the two weeks from 12th August.
We’ve had this trip booked for over 3 years so we are more than ready.
However, just looking at the weather forecast, it looks like it’s raining for the whole fortnight!
We’ve been in august before and it was a lovely mix of beautiful sunshine and short thunder storms.
Please some on tell me we’ll see some Florida sun at least…. 😩

It rains daily (or almost daily) but typically not all day. I wouldn’t worry, it’ll still be hot/sunny/humid with the daily thunderstorm. The forecast will say that there is a storm but until you can see the hour to hour and the radar it’s not very accurate.

Hello!
However, just looking at the weather forecast, it looks like it’s raining for the whole fortnight!
We’ve been in august before and it was a lovely mix of beautiful sunshine and short thunder storms.
This far out (-2 weeks), the forecast you are seeing is based largely on climatological data. And as “CinderEmma” noted, it rains on many days in August, but it’s seldom persistent rainfall.

Here’s climate data for Orlando in August:

https://www.holiday-weather.com/orlando/averages/august/

It's August in Florida. It will be like walking on the sun and it will rain every day. Sometimes it will be a quick shower, other days it might be a hour long gully washer. After it rains it will feel like a sauna. Just take your poncho or rain coat or umbrella, an extra pair of shoes and play in the puddles.

I've been in August, and the rain can also be super scattered. I distinctly remember getting rained on in future world and then crossing the bridge to the world showcase and it was not raining and no clouds.

Hello!
I don't know what a fortnight is, (probably should), but it rains daily in FL during the summer and it's normal for this time of year. Most days are not wash outs and it's simply just pop up thunderstorms. It pours and then 15 min later is sunny and humid. It could do this several times throughout the day and that's summer in FL. It could be you might have a whole wash out of a day with constants storms but that's not really the norm for this time of year.

Don't know about others but definitely will be having bad hair days for our trip in August between the rain and humidity....lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter