August Insanity - A 29th Birthday Long Weekend Dining Report - complete 8/19

Just found your great report. Happy belated birthday!
We were in Disney Aug 13-19 and celebrated our DD's 19th birthday (Aug 22).

We were also at California Grill on Aug 14 but we were there for dinner. So good!

Enjoyed your report and I'll keep an eye out for your Sept. one!
Thank you! I will do my best to get pictures of the food undisturbed this time :laughing:

Hi Melinda! I missed the start of your report but I'm here for the end :-)

First, happy belated birthday from a fellow Leo! Looks like you all really enjoyed yourselves. It's nice to see someone actually turning 29 vice being like me and having the 13th anniversary of my 29th birthday :P

Glad you enjoyed your ride on the Pooper. I had to share with my hubby that the pooper craze is spreading around and he had a good laugh.

Your California Grill brunch looks amazing, sans the steak of course. I had no idea it came with free Proseco either. I'd love to try this sometime, but its the kids price ($50) that I just can't get over since my kid eats about $3 worth of food at any given meal.

Love your monorail crawl! Jason and I did something similar last year but never made it past Citricos :drinking1 I think we had the exact same cheese platter though and it was oh so good. Speaking of good your wings at Tambu look divine. Gonna have to get some of those this trip (we're staying at the Poly)

We had a horrible experience our first time at HBD, but I was toying with the idea of going back for lunch for the exact 2 items you ate. So your review could not have been more perfect. Jason disliked it more than me, but I think I may be able to sway Jason with that burger.

Thanks again for sharing and Happy Birthday!
Hi Kari! Thank you for stopping by and reading along. Casey is famous at my house for starting the pooper trend. Maybe next time she is feeling a little Disney camp, you and Jason can sneak off to the CG brunch. Assuming they continue it, of course... You guys should definitely give the Brown Derby another shot. I think the injury situation probably tainted the experience for you guys, and the salads and the burger are definitely worth trying (knocked noggins notwithstanding). And from one fan of the theme park adult beverage to another - we always hit the HBD outdoor lounge bar for a drink while in the park. It's the only "freestanding" bar I know of that honors the TIW 20% discount. The usual bartender is fabulous (his name is Ron!)

Happy birthday to you too!!

Excellent! Sadly we will just miss you! we are there 9/12-19! F&W is our main focus and enjoying our adult only time :D
Rats. Well make sure to leave us some food and drinks to sample :thumbsup2 and have a great trip! You're getting so close!!

What a great birthday weekend. Loved the brunch review we have a reservation for October.

Hi Stephanie! Thanks for saying hello - I love all your reports (especially the Universal reports)! You'll have to let me know if you do one for October.

Thanks for sharing! And a belated happy birthday to you! :) I really enjoyed your report and now looking forward to my California Grill brunch and Hoemcoming kitchen lunch in December ;)
Thank you! Sounds like you have great taste in ADRs!:flower3: I'll try not to be too jealous! GET THE FRIED CHICKEN LOL

Great report and pictures!
Thank you so much and thank you for saying hello!

Nice birthday trip report. I love to see all of the lounge pics. I hope to do that next trip.
Oh yes, it's definitely the way to go! I love the freedom to just relax and order smaller meals at a slower pace. Thanks for saying hi, Niki!

Thanks for sharing. :bday:

Thank you! I love writing reports as it's a good way to look back and remember. And thank you for the birthday wishes - it was wonderful!

Just found your great report. Happy belated birthday!
We were in Disney Aug 13-19 and celebrated our DD's 19th birthday (Aug 22).

We were also at California Grill on Aug 14 but we were there for dinner. So good!

Happy belated birthday to your daughter! I love California Grill for dinner too. Thinking we'll do that for our September food and wine trip in less than a month! Thank you for the birthday wishes!

Hi Melinda! Happy belated birthday! Loved you report so much. It looks like an awesome trip. You fit so much into a long weekend.

First of all, you have me so excited for Homecoming right now! We will be eating there on our upcoming trip and I am definitely getting the fried chicken.

Your monorail crawl looked like a blast! That's great that you had such awesome service at each place. Tambu Lounge is definitely a favorite for us too.

I did not realize that CG brunch had unlimited mimosas. This changes things...

Thanks for an awesome DR!

Hi Melinda! Happy belated birthday! Loved you report so much. It looks like an awesome trip. You fit so much into a long weekend.

First of all, you have me so excited for Homecoming right now! We will be eating there on our upcoming trip and I am definitely getting the fried chicken.

Your monorail crawl looked like a blast! That's great that you had such awesome service at each place. Tambu Lounge is definitely a favorite for us too.

I did not realize that CG brunch had unlimited mimosas. This changes things...

Thanks for an awesome DR!

Thanks Jeri! I am so glad to see you stop by - I LOVE reading your reviews so I am glad I could give you some ideas for the next one :) And you are right, the unlimited mimosas absolutely changes the value proposition for me...

I am late to the party! Loved your reviews. We, too, loved Homecoming! Cannot wait to go back in October. We did not try the fried chicken so it may be a must do!

We are trying the Cali Grill brunch in October as well. I will stay away from the steak! The blueberry pancakes look divine!

And that burger at HBD looks like heaven! No idea how I am going to fit that in next trip but I am sure going to try!

Looking forward to your upcoming review!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter