August 2017 - Which do you think?

Sunset_Princess

Mouseketeer
ive been looking for a few weeks now for Sept 2017. Found that Aug 29th seems to be the cheapest day to fly.

I've found a few packages mainly on Thomas Cook and wanted people's thoughts on whether they think they are good prices.

We'd prefer to stay on property but trying to keep it cheap this year as we weren't going to go this year originally. I've found AOA expensive on other sites but I think my daughter would love it, especially being in a little mermaid room.

On Thomas cook I've found flights (11:55 out which would be the latest we've ever done but last year we were so tired when we got there that we didn't leave the resort so I'm not too fused), hotel, car hire and prebooked seat choice (which would cost £50 each with virgin) for £2,798.

I've seen another one off property with the same as above in Hawthorn Suites Lake Buena Vista for £2,470. Not sure what this hotel is like.

Or All Star Movies for £2,556 but I think I'd prefer off property to an all stars.

All for 14 nights by the way.

Do these seem like good value? Which is best?
How is Thomas Cook to fly with?

Is this for 2 adults and a child? Seems pretty pricey to me. Have you considered pricing it up separately?

Yes sorry 2 adults and a child. When ever I prove things separately, always seems to come out the same with direct flights

I go during the last two weeks of August and have never found a package that was cheaper than booking separately. We book hotel/tickets/(free) dining directly with Disney, then shop around for flights when released. Packages for two adults started around £5k, but we paid £4.3k for what is basically two weeks all-inclusive at a moderate Disney resort. Obviously I'm stuck with school holidays, but £700 wasn't a saving to sniff at for us! If I could go in September I'd be looking at a lot less money.

I'm flying 28th August and my flights were £590 pp direct with Virgin and then AKL was £3058 for 10 nights including tickets/dining etc if you wanted something to compare it to around the same time. That's for 2 adults.

I am admittedly a bit of a hotel snob, but I've stayed at AS Sports a couple of times now and honestly it was great. I didn't think I would like it because I guess in my head I just always thought it's not my thing, so it might still be worth considering AS Movies even if not your first choice. I think based on some of prices I've previously paid for AS Sports you'd probably be able to do it cheaper not booking a package deal and just going direct with Disney and booking flights. Quidco also have Disney listed and last booking at SSR I got about £100 back and quite quickly too.

AoA for some reason is really expensive on direct booking with Disney so I'd say for that £2800 including flights is probably a pretty good deal if you're set on AoA.

Hi there! Just a little bit of advice as far as AOA..the little mermaid is the furthest set of rooms you can find! If you dont mind a LOONG walk in august/Sept and it would be worth the extra $$, then by all means. We have stayed at Music and Sports and Pop and love all 3 of them. Even the furthest room at any of the all stars is closer to the main bldg then The mermaid room. August/Sept is Hot, but take your breaks, drink lots of water and take your time and it will be an enjoyable trip. We are planning on going back this August before the little one starts school again. We are from Pa, so it does get hot here but as long as you know that going in, its a really nice time to go.

Hi there! Just a little bit of advice as far as AOA..the little mermaid is the furthest set of rooms you can find! If you dont mind a LOONG walk in august/Sept and it would be worth the extra $$, then by all means. We have stayed at Music and Sports and Pop and love all 3 of them. Even the furthest room at any of the all stars is closer to the main bldg then The mermaid room. August/Sept is Hot, but take your breaks, drink lots of water and take your time and it will be an enjoyable trip. We are planning on going back this August before the little one starts school again. We are from Pa, so it does get hot here but as long as you know that going in, its a really nice time to go.

I've worked there June- Sept and sept weather and crowds are by far my favourite!!
How did you find the all star rooms? Were they a good size? Are the all star resorts nice with them being economy? Are they really really busy?

I've worked there June- Sept and sept weather and crowds are by far my favourite!!
How did you find the all star rooms? Were they a good size? Are the all star resorts nice with them being economy? Are they really really busy?

All Stars is usually where we stay. We don't spend our days in the room. The rooms aren't big compared to the deluxe rooms but for sleeping and showering...they are perfect for the price. We stay in a preferred room so we are closest to the pool, parking lot n the main building. The resort itself is fun for kids, but honestly no matter where you stay, by the 2nd day kids won't notice the resort itself. They want to get to the park or go to the pool. Rooms are always clean. Never had an issue with noise with people walking by late at night. We love it there and for the price you can't beat it for on property.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter