August 2016 - anyone else planning for this time?

I am going to WDW 8/16-8/25 and as of right now booked at the WL, I am hoping a discount comes out that i can upgrade to the Poly for about the same amount of money. Has anyone else done this? or am I hoping for too much of a discount. (I wouldn't normally want to switch, but i think the construction at WL will bother me.

I am going to WDW 8/16-8/25 and as of right now booked at the WL, I am hoping a discount comes out that i can upgrade to the Poly for about the same amount of money. Has anyone else done this? or am I hoping for too much of a discount. (I wouldn't normally want to switch, but i think the construction at WL will bother me.

There are discounts on Poly in that date range but not through Disney. Do a bit of searching through this forum, you should be able to find it.

There are discounts on Poly in that date range but not through Disney. Do a bit of searching through this forum, you should be able to find it.

I did find one at one point but it was through a TA that I am not using. I feel like it would be a problem to cancel a trip that is 90% paid for through one TA to book with another...

Thanks though!

Thanks for this info... Was hoping that the Poly would have some standard rooms, but i guess not. (well at least for my dates they don't) Now the question would be would you stick with WL (and the construction) or switch to AKL (Knowing I have a lot of 8am pre-park ADR's, and knowing it will be my almost 3YO daughters first trip so most time will be at MK).....

Or are there any other resorts you would suggest switching to?? (FYI over 75% of my trip is already paid for)

Thanks for posting the general public discount. You mentioned the AP discount was better, but I only see AP Discount thru July 31. Am I missing something?
lol it's bc our stay is starting end July, so that I could check AP and GP offer :earsgirl:

Thanks for this info... Was hoping that the Poly would have some standard rooms, but i guess not. (well at least for my dates they don't) Now the question would be would you stick with WL (and the construction) or switch to AKL (Knowing I have a lot of 8am pre-park ADR's, and knowing it will be my almost 3YO daughters first trip so most time will be at MK).....
Or are there any other resorts you would suggest switching to?? (FYI over 75% of my trip is already paid for)
I would personnaly not gor for the WL with the construction but for one on the monorail loop!

lol it's bc our stay is starting end July, so that I could check AP and GP offer :earsgirl:

I would personnaly not gor for the WL with the construction but for one on the monorail loop!

My ideal location would be the monorail loop. I think it looked like I could stay at GF for the cheapest so far, once i figure out how much more money the GF or Poly would be maybe i will switch.

Thanks!

Thanks for sharing! I'm having a bit of troubling figuring out how to see if I can get the offer for my dates and I want to check if I'm doing it correctly.

I've got an existing booking at Wilderness Lodge, but when I search my dates it says nothing is available with the offer. Does that just mean that they aren't offering it my selected resort and dates? Or is there a way I can go through My Disney Experience and use a code to apply it to my booking?

TIA

Thanks for sharing! I'm having a bit of troubling figuring out how to see if I can get the offer for my dates and I want to check if I'm doing it correctly.

I've got an existing booking at Wilderness Lodge, but when I search my dates it says nothing is available with the offer. Does that just mean that they aren't offering it my selected resort and dates? Or is there a way I can go through My Disney Experience and use a code to apply it to my booking?

TIA
Is likely not available for your dates at WL. You can search your dates without choosing a resort and it will show all the resorts that area available.
If you are flexable you can try changing your dates a bit to see if it is available at WL for dates that are close to what you had originally.

Is likely not available for your dates at WL. You can search your dates without choosing a resort and it will show all the resorts that area available.
If you are flexable you can try changing your dates a bit to see if it is available at WL for dates that are close to what you had originally.

Right, thought so! Just wanted to make sure. Considering a change to AKL anyway as the rates are great. Thanks LorrieAnn

I loved our stay at AKL. If it was a better rate, I'd change in a heart beat.
WL is on my list of places to try, but AKL is on my list of places to repeat. Good luck!

Changed from AKL to YC for a lot less. I had to cancel my prior reservation and make a new one to get the discount. A cast member wasn't even able to change it for me.

I'm booked for POP 8/16-8/25. I got a pin code for Storybook Summer Experience and we've never tried POP so thought we'd give it a try.

I'm booked for POP 8/16-8/25. I got a pin code for Storybook Summer Experience and we've never tried POP so thought we'd give it a try.
My first family vacation was at Pop just 2 years ago..It truly is a nice stay! we opted for the preferred rooms just so its easier walk for the kids and it was ground level so no troubles to carry them up a few flight of stairs when they are tuckered out. The food hall has a good selection and the buses where always quick and easy access from most parks!
Enjoy your time!

We've stayed all level of resorts, and we love Pop! And when you don't feel like going back to the parks at night, you can see a bit of fireworks if you face the Little Mermaid rooms across the lake (at AoA), and go eat at AoA's food court (its great, and very different choices than Pop's food court (which I also like)), and see if you like their evening movie choice better than Pop's. Also, when waiting for a bus from a park to Pop, its always next to the waiting spot for AoA. Just take whichever comes first (if AoA, you just walk through the main bldg and over the bridge to Pop). Make sure to save room at a meal for The King cupcake (Elvis Presley themed) at Pop!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter