August 2016 - anyone else planning for this time?

I officially changed this afternoon. I had a little freak out last night about loosing the ability to walk to DHS & EP, but (knock on wood) we are not strangers to WDW, so there will be other opportunities.
I enjoy the Moderates, but my husband thinks they aren't worth the extra cost over Values. He doesn't value the extra space in the room or the extra vanity sink like I do. And since Value & Moderates all require bus transportation he thinks they are "equal" so only considers Value or Deluxe.
Plus this time, I didn't want the regular Dining Plan b/c it would be hard for my toddler to eat at a Table Service every day so Quick Service Dining Plan is better for us.
POP has a huge following of people that really like it so hopefully I will agree with them!

I think you made a great choice!

I officially changed this afternoon. I had a little freak out last night about loosing the ability to walk to DHS & EP, but (knock on wood) we are not strangers to WDW, so there will be other opportunities.
I enjoy the Moderates, but my husband thinks they aren't worth the extra cost over Values. He doesn't value the extra space in the room or the extra vanity sink like I do. And since Value & Moderates all require bus transportation he thinks they are "equal" so only considers Value or Deluxe.
Plus this time, I didn't want the regular Dining Plan b/c it would be hard for my toddler to eat at a Table Service every day so Quick Service Dining Plan is better for us.
POP has a huge following of people that really like it so hopefully I will agree with them!

We love Pop and have stayed there many times (probably a majority). We have no qualms or regrets about having to switch. You will love it!
We also did the Quick Service plan on our last trip because it was shorter than when we usually go. We didn't want to spend so much time waiting for table services. We actually planned a lot of our meals and where we would go. I didn't want to spend the whole trip eating burgers and chicken nuggets. If you check out the menus you will be surprised with what you can get. I even got a quick service steak in HS. Not the best steak of my life, but a steak none the less! lol I hope you have a great trip!

It's official! We are going end of August!

We've never been to WDW in August, and to be honest I am a little worried about the heat, but we switched our plans to get the Free Dining offer. We are going prepared though - frogg toggs, planning attractions with AC in the middle of the day, etc... lol.

It's official! We are going end of August!

We've never been to WDW in August, and to be honest I am a little worried about the heat, but we switched our plans to get the Free Dining offer. We are going prepared though - frogg toggs, planning attractions with AC in the middle of the day, etc... lol.
We always go in August! We figure East Coast summer temps are bad no matter where you are! Take breaks, cool at the pool, and you may likely encounter brief rainstorms that provide some heat relief. It always rains a little almost daily when we go.

We also have gone several times the last week of August. It's not too bad! It's hot here (I'm on the East Coast as well).

We just changed our dates to 8/23 - 8/31 (coming home one day earlier) and got Pop instead of All Star Sports. DD is thrilled to have Pop instead, and free QSDP.

We're saving our tickets for next trip, since we have AP's that are good through 8/29. Then we'll use the mini golf vouchers & go to Disney Springs for shopping and eating.

I've been there several times during the later part of August. It is wonderful! We're most likely going the week of 8/23 and getting the free Quick Service dining! I am so ecstatic!!!

As long as you wear a neck fan, alternate going on some air conditioned rides, take breaks, and go to parks early until early afternoon, you will be fine in August.

We also have gone several times the last week of August. It's not too bad! It's hot here (I'm on the East Coast as well).

We just changed our dates to 8/23 - 8/31 (coming home one day earlier) and got Pop instead of All Star Sports. DD is thrilled to have Pop instead, and free QSDP.

We're saving our tickets for next trip, since we have AP's that are good through 8/29. Then we'll use the mini golf vouchers & go to Disney Springs for shopping and eating.

Our APs expire the same day, but we're staying at CBR until 9/2! We're also planning on Disney Springs and some lazy days at the resort followed by great dinners with free dining. Usually we spend every waking moment at the parks when we do a package, so this whole "relaxing" thing for 3 days will be new to us. Hoping to be good and rested by the time we head home on 9/2/16. Most times we get home and need a vacation from our vacation ;).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter