August 2015 Flight Prices?

pampat

Never Forget: It was all started by a Mouse!
We've never flown to Florida during school holidays before so have no idea what the prices are. Does anyone have an idea please? Would we be better flying to NY and then Jet Blue from there?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Pam

Hi we've been about 5 times in August prices have increased year on year, if you go later in month around 16th onwards it can drop in price. To give you idea this year we paid about £2200 total for 2 adults and 1 child direct Manchester to Orlando we travel on 5th August.. 5 years ago we paid about £1600 for similar flights !!

If it helps, we are flying direct to MCO from Gatwick on 18th August this year with BA: £1400 for 2 adults :)

If it helps, we are flying direct to MCO from Gatwick on 18th August this year with BA: £1400 for 2 adults :)

Did you book this on release? Waiting for next years flights is killing me.

Thanks guys. Unfortunately, if we decide to do it, we would have to go about 1st or 2nd August, so no relief on price for us!

Pam

We paid £3,200 ish for four adult' seats on VA August 2013. Economy. Booked in October 2012. I saw them come down one day to £2,686. It depends how much flight roulette you can stand to play I think.

Think in 2012 I paid around £600 per adult indirect via Philadelphia. I booked maybe 4/5 months in advance of travel date, that was the end of August though.

We will be looking for August 2015 flights very soon too, although we're not going until around the 24th, so hopefully we will be paying a bit less because it's later on.

Thanks guys. Unfortunately, if we decide to do it, we would have to go about 1st or 2nd August, so no relief on price for us!

Pam
We will be looking for flights then too and I am really worried they will be really expensive.

We can usually take advantage of the earlier break up of Scottish schools to go at the end of June but next year we just have a two week window when DD has a break from uni (end of July) and before DS goes back to school (mid-august).

Hopefully, will be able to pick up some tips here.

Well Irene, sadly I think we will be backing out of the August trip. Not too sad about it though as we are booked for the end of September! We just wondered if we could sneak a visit for a reunion bbq but it is not to be.

I hope you can catch some good prices though.

Pam

I booked a fly-drive with Travel City Direct for £4177. That was for 3 adults and 2 children flying from Man - MCO 16th-30th Aug.

Thanks for the info, Juliette. Just can't justify it though.

Pam

Relatives have gone today for 22 nights.
I found them flights on Netflights, ticketed by Condor but codeshare flying on Thomas Cook plane.
For 2 adults and 1 child they paid £2,200
Same plane but booked direct with Thomas Cook were £3,359
And VA for same dates £3,540

Many people this summer are getting one way flights to Ireland then booked with VA PE for around £600-700 or Upper class £1000-1200 from either MAN or Gatwick. Just means messing around flying to Ireland then back to UK but big savings. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3233343&highlight=flights

Another option is indirect to airports further afield, there has been flights into places like Jacksonville or West Palm Beach for around £550 return. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3265258&highlight=flights

Lastly also check Norwegian, they have started a new low cost route into Fort Lauderdale, this August they were available from £418 return. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3187266&highlight=norwegian

Its all about being patient and flexible, something usually turns up.

Wayne. I would fly to Ireland to get First Class with Virgin for 1k. But what happens to your baggage allowance on the domestic leg?

Wayne. I would fly to Ireland to get First Class with Virgin for 1k. But what happens to your baggage allowance on the domestic leg?

Any flights bought with the transatlantic leg would include the full amount of luggage. If you have to buy a separate one way leg to get to Ireland then you would only get that airlines standard allowance (if any is included) and have to pay for any extra. With Aer Lingus you can take 2x20kg for 55 Euros

Any flights bought with the transatlantic leg would include the full amount of luggage. If you have to buy a separate one way leg to get to Ireland then you would only get that airlines standard allowance (if any is included) and have to pay for any extra. With Aer Lingus you can take 2x20kg for 55 Euros

Thanks. Probably not enough!!!

Thanks. Probably not enough!!!

You can take upto 3 cases per person with Aer Lingus. No idea with other airlines.

I have never travelled with more than 1 per person. This last trip, between 3 of us we had 2 cases, coming home we had 3, couldn't cope with more than that.:rotfl2:
Next trip I am sure we will be to our 23kg pp limit with a 14 nt cruise.

You never know what you might find, I'm going 19th august, played the waiting game with flights & finally booked end of May , was all prepared to go indirect if needed, and got 1 adult 2 kids direct virgin out of gatwick for £1783, through travel up. I'm an avid user of sky scanner/netflights etc & just watch watch watch lol

Now those prices I could cope with Clare. They are gooooood.

Pam

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter