August 17, 2014 4 night DREAM

vahousewife said:
Is it the comfort suits paradise island Nassau ss 6202 and do you book for that day and do early check in ??? I would hate to book the wrong one and I am getting a quote of $175 does that sound right???
Thanks for the information and I'm with you no more snow we have just had no school all week?de2b

I'm not sure what the number is - but if you book through comfort suites Web site I believe there is only one on paradise island

So...........we get off the ship early on the 21st. What are you all doing that day? Heading for home? Extending your vacations?

We are trying to decide what to do. Last year we went during February vacation (this time last year I was at Castaway Cay!!!) and spent Thursday-Sunday at Universal. This year we can't do that, mostly due to the timing of going back to school and sending DD#1 off to college, but I don't know whether to head straight to the airport or spend one more night in FL.

What are your thoughts?

We made some decisions in the past couple of days. I'd been on the fence about keeping the cruise reservation, but I decided yesterday to go for it. Once I was sure, I booked a night at Sea World for the day we get off the ship, and I am looking at where to stay the night before the cruise. We stayed at the Radisson last year, and we may go back, but I've heard good things about the Residence Inn, so that may be it. Will decide in the next day or so.

I also booked my rental car and a parking spot at the parking garage directly across from the Disney terminal. I know that not everyone agrees with letting a rental car sit in the garage for the days we are at sea, but last year's experience with getting from the port to the rental car company and waiting in line for far too long pushed me to it. We will only have that day at Sea World, and I don't want to kill two hours in the morning waiting to get a car. This way we can get off the ship and be on our way much faster.

Anybody else made any new plans lately?

So...........we get off the ship early on the 21st. What are you all doing that day? Heading for home? Extending your vacations?

We are trying to decide what to do. Last year we went during February vacation (this time last year I was at Castaway Cay!!!) and spent Thursday-Sunday at Universal. This year we can't do that, mostly due to the timing of going back to school and sending DD#1 off to college, but I don't know whether to head straight to the airport or spend one more night in FL.

What are your thoughts?

Spend the day in Florida - even I you do nothing more than hang at the hotel pool as a family ... it's still worth it.

We are going to do just that. Go back to one of the Disney Resort spend the whole day at the pool..... the next day at one of the parks and the following day its home we go.

Is there usually more than one FE group per cruise? I found one one facebook, but was just wondering if I was suppose to look other places

I'm so excited to go cruising again! I just joined the FB group and I'm still thinking about whether or not to do the FE.

We're going to be staying at Beach Club for a few days before and Bay Lake for a few days after. We'd like to go to Universal for a day, but between rental car, tickets, food, etc. it makes for a very expensive day. I'm a huge Potter fan, though, so it may be too tempting to resist.

We probably won't get off the ship at Nassau either. I'm hoping to do the Aquaduck and the Midship Detective thing that day, but that sounds like a popular idea. ;) We did the Atlantis waterpark excursion last time, which was fun but pricey.

Lynn,

I set up the FB group. When I did it, the only way I could figure it out was to "invite" people so that it remained private. To do that, I requested that people PM their name and then I would let them know my Facebook name. Once they FB requested me, I would invite them into the group. If you can think of an easier way, please feel free to set it up. I think there are only a handful of us on FB but I think it needs to be private.

Tammi

I would like to join the facebook group as well, but needed this (post #10) to be able to PM you. :-)

So far here is our FE group. If you want to be added and have joined the FaceBook page(see prior posts on how to join) you can go to the file tab at the top of the page and edit the doc to add yourself. If you don't have the ability to join the facebook you can reply here and I will add you.

Also, please don't be intimidated by some of the extraordinary gifts that you may see some people making online. Not everyone is super creative(I'm not very crafty) or has the equipment to do some of the crafts. Any FE item is a nice treat whether it is a pack of gum and tissues for the flight home or a personalized T-shirt.

Happy Fish Extending.!

Jenni Ford Bramble
Disboard username: vahousewife
Cabin 6016- Late seating
Todd, Jenni, Lillian (16) Heather (11)Celebrating Jenni's 40th birthday

Karen Gill
Disboard username: EeyoreFan19
Cabin 7660 - early seating
Don, Karen, Lindsay (12), Donny (7)
Celebrating our 14th anniversary (and our 1st cruise!)

Lynn Hatter
Disboard username: Dopey19
Cabin 9543
David, Lynn, Corinna (8)
Celebrating our 11th anniversary on the 17th!

Laura Forrest
Disboard username: Gatacmke
Cabin 8684 -late seating
Laura(me), Jane(my Mom), Kordell(M-15), Jayden(M-13)

Lynette Reip
Disboard username: LReip
Cabin 9101 2nd Seating
Lynette (me) Robbie (11)

I would also like to be added to the list, I am still trying to find the facebook group, just able to finally PM, otherwise if someone can share the link, I can request to be added that way!

Cary Merritt & Allison Thompson
Disboard username: CMCM624
Cabin: TBA (on GTY status) 2nd seating
Cary (me) Allison (my adult DD) (24)

Hi all, we booked this cruise last year. Bob, Laurenza (9 will be 10 end Aug), and me, Paty. This will be our 12th Disney cruise, we're a little addicted to Disney.
Staying on property after for 5 days after. We've never gotten off ships at Nassau, always stayed on ships. Seems to have gotten more popular over the years.
Looking forward to being on a the ship!

I would also like to be added to the list, I am still trying to find the facebook group, just able to finally PM, otherwise if someone can share the link, I can request to be added that way!

Cary Merritt & Allison Thompson
Disboard username: CMCM624
Cabin: TBA (on GTY status) 2nd seating
Cary (me) Allison (my adult DD) (24)
I will add you to the FE while you are getting added to the page. The group page is August 17th 2014 Disney Dream Cruise.

Now that the flights are booked, I am getting really excited about the trip. I keep picturing sitting on a deck chair in the adults section, sipping a frozen mocha from the Cove Café and reading something light. I never thought "Disney" and "relaxing" would work in a sentence for me, but after our first DCL experience last year, I know that they do.

I'm not getting off the ship in Nassau.....that was the only part of last year's cruise that was "meh" to me. I'd rather hang out on the ship, maybe get a spa treatment. I don't know what DH and the kids are going to do. As long as they don't drag me kicking and screaming from the ship, it's all good:).

SO excited for this cruise! We just celebrated our Honeymoon on the Magic Last week! This time will be both of our birthdays as we are two days apart!

Just sent a request to join the FE Facebook Page, We do not have our cabin room yet but as soon as we get it we will add to the list :)

My family and I (dh, DS 11 and dd 9) are going on this cruise but doing a back to back 8/21-8/24. This will be our 2nd and 3rd time on the dream. Dh and I cruised the Magic on our honeymoon.

Welcome, jesrbit and Salisa!

Salisa, I am a little jealous of your b2b. I'm a teacher and I'll have to report to my classroom on the 25th, so getting off the ship on the 24th would be cutting it too close.

I put an alarm on my phone the other day to remind me to do the online check in so we can maybe book some extras. I know that for a lowly silver member my cabana chances are slim, but I am going to try anyway. Dh may have a fit over the money, but this is the last vacation we're going to take for a while (elder DD is starting college) and I want to splurge:).

Welcome, jesrbit and Salisa! Salisa, I am a little jealous of your b2b. I'm a teacher and I'll have to report to my classroom on the 25th, so getting off the ship on the 24th would be cutting it too close. I put an alarm on my phone the other day to remind me to do the online check in so we can maybe book some extras. I know that for a lowly silver member my cabana chances are slim, but I am going to try anyway. Dh may have a fit over the money, but this is the last vacation we're going to take for a while (elder DD is starting college) and I want to splurge:).

We got a Cabana last year, compromised and passed on our traditional couples spa day, and boy was it worth it. We have a special fund for Cabana this year, can't wait!

<sigh>

Lots of the teachers and staff are going away for the spring break....

they are off to Iceland, India Ireland and Colorado, Kentucky and Las Vegas....

and Im at home :sad: and dreaming of my far away vacation...

:sad2: Darn it.... I'm ready to vacation now!!!! :sad2:

Anyone else have any great spring break plans????

I'm in the "dreaming about my far away vacation" group. My elder daughter is leaving for Spain on Wednesday, so I will be spending break wondering what exciting adventure she is having each day. I also have to put my artifacts together for my teacher evaluation.....fun, fun, fun.

Is it August yet???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter