AT&T Early Upgrade?

2angelsinheaven

Loves making dreams come true!
We switched from iPhone 4's to Samsung Galaxy Notes in May...very unhappy. We've already had to replace the phones (thankfully under warranty), camera is incredibly slow, apps crash, etc. We technically can't upgrade until 12/2013 with a full upgrade credit but has anyone had any luck with AT&T letting them upgrade early in such a situation?

2angelsinheaven said:
We switched from iPhone 4's to Samsung Galaxy Notes in May...very unhappy. We've already had to replace the phones (thankfully under warranty), camera is incredibly slow, apps crash, etc. We technically can't upgrade until 12/2013 with a full upgrade credit but has anyone had any luck with AT&T letting them upgrade early in such a situation?

Att has upgraded me early, given me the iPhone 3G (when it was first out) for free, credited my bill when I've had service problems...they've gone above and beyond in customer service which is I'm still with them after 8 years or so. You just have to ask. Typically I have better luck with managers in store concerning upgrade issues but you can call too. Just be very polite explaining your problem and that you want to solve it.

In my experience, AT&T generally lets you upgrade only about a month early. I cannot imagine being able to upgrade at the upgrade price a year early, although it doesn't hurt to ask. You could simply buy refurbished or used iPhones and sell or donate your old phones.

You can upgrade at any time. The difference would be in how much additional you might have to pay for a different phone.

We have been with at&t for years and although they allow somewhat of a grace period to upgrade early, it is never that early.

That being said, if you are having equipment issues I would address those with them. Years ago my daughter had issues with a particular phone as it sounds like you are having. I believe that we had to warranty her phone 3 times and on that 3rd time, I explained that I was not happy with the equpiment and all of the issues at hand. I had to escalate the conversation to a supervisor but when all was said and done I was able to switch out the phone for a different one.

The only other option you have is buying an AT&T outright out of contract, go back to your Iphone 4, buy a go phone, or look for someone selling a phone. Although I am surprised to hear that you are having so many issues with the Note. My husband has that phone and he absolutely loves it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter